• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming hysteria

Games need to have more harder modes?

• Yes, I have completed all games and can take more.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No, I find them traumatic and disturbing.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

aoshi

I have been playing games for a while now.I find some to be easy to play and easily forgettable. Some are very good but have issues that are hard to compromise.Its either i have not found best game or gaming has become too hysterical.

Eg: DMC 3 - DMD, GODHAND - Hard, Capcom Vs SNK 2.

These are few i have played and is driving the animal out of me.

Most recently - GODHAND - Hard.

It is wat i call a B1T<#. Do u think such modes actually skill up a gamer?I don't see the point. Its a struggle to beat the game once and don't think anyone will try it again. But bonuses can be good i suppose. But why such trauma? Does it not disturb?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I voted no! It's traumatic, disturbing, AND humiliating that I can't even kill a so-to-speak inanimate object. So I've only been into games for the past three years so my vote might not count for much.

Meg

If a game is made well then hard modes can be good. Like DMC3. But some games that have major flaws suck on hard modes.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yes! I like the option of challenging myself!

It's like the FF series, when I've completed ten, it will still be as easy if not easier to play it again. But if they turned up the difficulty and you needed to change to a more complex strategy for everything then my god I would love it! :lol:

Meg

aka958;261863 said:
Yes! I like the option of challenging myself!

It's like the FF series, when I've completed ten, it will still be as easy if not easier to play it again. But if they turned up the difficulty and you needed to change to a more complex strategy for everything then my god I would love it! :lol:

What he said, just change ten to thirteen. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;261864 said:
What he said, just change ten to thirteen. :lol:

I take all FF's into account. Even Crisis Core, its hard mode was the first thing I started so now everything feels far too easy... To make things harder I must play a god damn low level game, thus I cannot utilize any special abilities. :dry:

Exception of FFIV! That thing is hell already! I'm... afraid of it... :unsure:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Heck no. I pulled my hair out beating DMC4 on DMD. I will never EVER do that again for as long as I live. I have the super characters, so there's no point in going back and torturing myself.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;261867 said:
Heck no. I pulled my hair out beating DMC4 on DMD. I will never EVER do that again for as long as I live. I have the super characters, so there's no point in going back and torturing myself.

What?! DMD mode on DMC4 was so easy, the only times I die is on purpose when I wanted more out from a boss. XD

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
NO! Please. Sanctus on DH was worse!

I love DMC3, but over the top hard modes really take the p***

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;261868 said:
What?! DMD mode on DMC4 was so easy, the only times I die is on purpose when I wanted more out from a boss. XD

Easy for you. Don't go mocking me because my skills aren't the same as yours. :mad:

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm not mocking them. I'm just telling it is. <.<

Mocking them would be to say you suck, which I clearly didn't.

Meg

Well the way I see it is son long as a game has an easy mode that's actually easy (like DMC3:SE) then hard difficultly levels are a good thing. It let's people get more out of the game that want it. You don't have to play it on hard modes though. :p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;261907 said:
I'm not mocking them. I'm just telling it is. <.<

Mocking them would be to say you suck, which I clearly didn't.

But it is NOT easy. For you it may be. For me, I tear my hair out.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I don't really rate/remember games by how much I got my ass kicked by them. In more recent generations I rate them by the story and partly how satisfying it is to play. With most games I will never go past the normal difficulty unless there is a big reward for it like Super characters. As long as a games difficulty feels realistic enough to make me not feel like a baby playing it I am happy.

I started playing MGS4 on easy as as soon as I realised everything was 1 hit kill I started again on the next one up. I hate games that are too easy but at the same time I hate games that are too hard so I will just mostly just hang around the middle.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;261911 said:
You don't get it. That's not what I mean.

So you mean that your bad at it?

Here's hows the possibilities goes:

You: good
Me: better

You: bad
Me: good

Or that is how you point it out. T_T

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's something that's hard to explain in words...

I don't even know how much better you are. I tear my goddamn hair out playing DMD, but I beat it. I never ONCE implied I sucked at it.

It's just frustrating and I can't see how people can find it enjoyable.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;261914 said:
It's something that's hard to explain in words...

I don't even know how much better you are. I tear my goddamn hair out playing DMD, but I beat it. I never ONCE implied I sucked at it.

It's just frustrating and I can't see how people can find it enjoyable.

I like it because that makes the monsters actually hit me for once, and actually deal damage so I need to be careful. ^_^

Seriously though... all other modes are boring. I can't stand going through them to get to DMD. I want some action! Some battles were I have to fight for my shining moments.

I hype up with the cutscene before a boss battle, like Credo for example. Catching their epicness and see how awesome and threatening they look. I don't like to start an boss battle that looks so epic just to murderate them in less than a minute. <.<

I like battles that lasts for hours! I even want something harder than DMD. xP

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
aka958;261915 said:
I like it because that makes the monsters actually hit me for once, and actually deal damage so I need to be careful. ^_^

Seriously though... all other modes are boring. I can't stand going through them to get to DMD. I want some action! Some battles were I have to fight for my shining moments.

I hype up with the cutscene before a boss battle, like Credo for example. Catching their epicness and see how awesome and threatening they look. I don't like to start an boss battle that looks so epic just to murderate them in less than a minute. <.<

I like battles that lasts for hours! I even want something harder than DMD. xP

They hit me plenty on other modes. DMD is nothing but frustrating and I'll never play it after beating it once.

Top Bottom