• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamescom: Mass Effect 2 Coming To PS3

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Great news to PS3 users. Mass Effect 2 will be available on PS3, and the release date is January 2011.

Mass Effect 2 is coming to PlayStation 3.

BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka made the announcement today at Gamescom in Germany during Electronic Arts' press conference. No other details about the game were revealed.

The PlayStation 3 version contains the full Mass Effect 2 game and "hours of bonus content," though it is unclear at this time what that bonus content is.

"Mass Effect 2 is another great property coming to PS3 that will
compliment our PS3 line-up," Sony said in a statement.

EA set a release date for January, 2011. A company representative told IGN the publisher has "no plans" to bring Mass Effect 1 to PS3.

Microsoft has issued a response saying Mass Effect 1 will remain an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113393p1.html

I am pleased to see that Mass Effect 2 will be available for PS3 users. Hopefully, the future Mass Effect 3 will be multi platform for Xbox 360, PC and PS3.

Keaton

Premium
I enjoyed ME1 alot, and haven't yet been able to buy ME2. Chances are now, I'll get it on PS3. Since currently I'm using the PS3 far more than my 360.

However, this may change in the new year after the release of Fable III :\

Great news though, thanks for the info ^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Finally my friends who only own PS3 can play this great game. I posted this on our Mass Effect forums too when it came out. ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;267993 said:
I enjoyed ME1 alot, and haven't yet been able to buy ME2. Chances are now, I'll get it on PS3. Since currently I'm using the PS3 far more than my 360.

However, this may change in the new year after the release of Fable III :\

Great news though, thanks for the info ^_^

No problem. You will probably enjoy playing Mass Effect 2 even more. ^_^

Dark Drakan;267999 said:
Finally my friends who only own PS3 can play this great game. I posted this on our Mass Effect forums too when it came out. ^_^

Oh. :) There are a lot of PS3 users are dying to play Mass Effect 2, isn't it?

Strangely, why is the first Mass Effect is not ported to PS3 as well? Is it because it was still in exclusive deal?

Meg

I have a question. Doesn't Mass Effect have a "choose your own adventure" thing that carries over the sequel? I'm wondering how that will work if only the sequel is coming. :unsure:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
meg127;268081 said:
I have a question. Doesn't Mass Effect have a "choose your own adventure" thing that carries over the sequel? I'm wondering how that will work if only the sequel is coming. :unsure:

Ah, that is one of the problems that most people thought about. Chances are you going to use default story mode from the Xbox 360 when you played it, unless the game allows you to choose what outcomes from the first game. Plus, the PS3 version should have a lot of bonus contents, so that will probably justify the lack of Mass Effect 1 for PS3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;268072 said:
Oh. :) There are a lot of PS3 users are dying to play Mass Effect 2, isn't it?

Strangely, why is the first Mass Effect is not ported to PS3 as well? Is it because it was still in exclusive deal?

Some of my friends heard a group of us talking about it in the pub and really wanted to play it.

meg127;268081 said:

I thought about that, maybe they will use the memory test scenario and you answering questions about the outcome of the previous game to sort this out.

EA only got rights after ME1 was released and Microsoft own the rights to the first game.

Chaos Master;268085 said:
Ah, that is one of the problems that most people thought about. Chances are you going to use default story mode from the Xbox 360 when you played it, unless the game allows you to choose what outcomes from the first game. Plus, the PS3 version should have a lot of bonus contents, so that will probably justify the lack of Mass Effect 1 for PS3.

The PS3 exclusive content is as follows

Pre-game content to serve as an introduction to the Mass Effect universe and story for new players as Mass Effect 1 wont be appearing on PS3 - as well as DLC from the 360 game on-disc (most of which was free for people who purchased the game new on 360).

There will also be PS3-customised access to the Cerberus Network, although details on that one are sketchy.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;268187 said:
Pre-game content to serve as an introduction to the Mass Effect universe and story for new players as Mass Effect 1 wont be appearing on PS3 - as well as DLC from the 360 game on-disc (most of which was free for people who purchased the game new on 360).

There will also be PS3-customised access to the Cerberus Network, although details on that one are sketchy.

Seems good to me. But I can't help thinking that the game feels... incomplete without Mass Effect 1. Of course, that is my own opinion.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;268188 said:
Seems good to me. But I can't help thinking that the game feels... incomplete without Mass Effect 1. Of course, that is my own opinion.

Yeah i can understand that and half the fun of the game is being able to craft your own story and background. If they can still put the choices there at the start of the game and let you decide how the game starts it wouldnt be a HUGE deal. However the preset story if you dont have any ME1 data to upload isnt anywhere near as good as the one you can create (ive done both) one with my ME1 save imported and one with a totally new character to see the differences.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;268190 said:
Yeah i can understand that and half the fun of the game is being able to craft your own story and background. If they can still put the choices there at the start of the game and let you decide how the game starts it wouldnt be a HUGE deal. However the preset story if you dont have any ME1 data to upload isnt anywhere near as good as the one you can create (ive done both) one with my ME1 save imported and one with a totally new character to see the differences.

I agree. Do you think Mass Effect 3 will be multi platform as well?

Keaton

Premium
^I would imagine so.
Afterall, Bioshock it hitting all formats now, as is Final Fantasy XIII.

Looking forward to this, but I may restart my playthrough...I kinda hated Shepards face (default) by the end lol ^^

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;268191 said:
I agree. Do you think Mass Effect 3 will be multi platform as well?

Well as EA now have publishing rights and they are a multi format company id say yes. Also Bioware have said that it would make sense to release future Mass Effect games on PS3 too after ME2 is out.

Keaton

Premium
It's good news if you ask me.
It gives a greater variety of games to people, and afterall, ME is an awesome series and if it starts creeping into other formats it can only be a good thing. Well, not for Microsoft since it loses an 'Xbox Only' title. ^^

I imagine that rather than ignoring the mechanic of checking a previous save, the player will be offered a short questionaire. Based on that and an obliitory 'romance' related question I think that'll be how they tackle it.

Otherwise, I predict that we'll not be far off seeing a Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 bundle on a single Blu-Ray, which would remedy this.

Top Bottom