• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamescom livestream 2012

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
haha yeah i didn't mean to double thread lol my internet is being crazy, it probably can't calm down from the gameplay that was just shown. :)

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Good Lord! The video was so awesome and epic that after I watched it, I had to search pieces of my mind. Now,
another.gif

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i know! the mechanics have definitely been enhanced, and the enemies appear to be more aggressive which is great. so what was everyone's favorite parts?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i am also very impressed with what i've seen. literally everytime we see the gameplay it gets better and better and better!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Eryx right? wonder if it's from Greek,
http://www.theoi.com/Heros/Eryx.html

Odd they weren't called Ifrit.

Also guys as I heads up I can see that weapon switching being a nightmare on the D-pad especially without the lock on. Honestly one of the hardest things you can do is switch from the analog stick to the D-pad and back in quick succession, I'm not trying to hate, but I can see it being a nightmare for newer players if you want to really has access to your full arsenal.

Try practicing Trickster Guard cancelling if you want to see what I mean and it should help prepare you for when the game comes out too.

AngelMode

The biggest problem I have with DMC4 is the style switching and going back to the analog. I know how to guard cancel my dashes, but it took me a fair good amount of time to get and I have a fighting game background so my hands are pretty quick. But, if anything, it is kinda the same as how a novice DMC4 player would start playing with Dante. Meaning they will probably pick their favorite style and just not change it as often... so they will do the same in this game, but with the weapons.

chocolatepanda

At 16:49 in the stream there seems to be an area to angel lift on the left that he doesnt go to. Secret area? Or possibly just an alternate path to take?

Also guys as I heads up I can see that weapon switching being a nightmare on the D-pad especially without the lock on. Honestly one of the hardest things you can do is switch from the analog stick to the D-pad and back in quick succession, I'm not trying to hate, but I can see it being a nightmare for newer players if you want to really has access to your full arsenal.
Newer plays can just pick there favorite weapon for both the angel and demon forms and fight with those so they can still have fun. But the weapons switching mid combo is for a players that are a lil bit more advanced. Also with the pause combo switching thing that was shown and explained in the stream it might be easier than you think. You can do two hits and pause with the Arbiter equip and either press the D-pad and switch to another demon weapon to finish the combo or just switch to your neutral or Angel forms.

Edit: Another thing i notice its that the ice Drones freeze attack seems to freeze anything hit by it. It can freeze other drones and Dante.
And the DT gauge doesnt seem to charge as fast.

Kammosjuttu

I was able to watch that Livestream only now, and lord was that amazing! They really are doing better and better time after time --- and they were great to start with so this is awesome, totally awesome. My urge to play this game is increasing all the time, damnit that I have to wait till I can play it myself! And yeah, of couse I'm also happy to see the gauntlets! :)

Dante94513

Oh, I just notice that the stylish meter has been enhanced. At 11: 20, he killed that demon with the two hit move from that gauntlet, but when he did the same thing to the other demon, the meter didn't increase.

ninjaa93

looks good but i kinda dont like western weapon design to simple maybe we can get a closer picture

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can see a little bit now. Lovin' that now he can do rising bullet storm and regular bulletstorm. Plus those gauntlets do look like Hellboy hands.:D Impressive.

Top Bottom