• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you want to see GO AWAY

Meg

What are some games that you’re sick of and would rather not get any more sequels? Obviously people are free to enjoy any game they want, so don’t worry if someone calls out a series you love. This thread is all in good fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

For me it’s annual sports games. It makes me sad to say it because I love MLB The Show, but the increasing obsession developers have with making these games live services is gross. Enough with the stupid card packs my goodness!

It won’t happen, but I wish these games would only come out once every few years, with the current game getting yearly roster updates until the new one comes out.

That’s not a very hot take so I’ll also say Soulslike games. I love exploration heavy games but these games are not for me. The difficulty is not fun because all it does is get in the way of what I really care about. We need less of this and more chill exploration games.

What about you? The spicier the opinion the better!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Fornite in general. The game and epic are way overboard and screwing over kids and people with addictive tendencies. Plus, the game is just not that good. COD can go to hell as usual. Activision even more so. Dynasty Warriors or its clones and various spinoffs don't have much going for them these days. Though KT pretty much did that to themselves.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Turn based gameplay- just not for me.

Special editions/final mixes- most of that content should be served in a DLC or just put out another sequel.

Rachet and Clank- the bitter jak and daxter fan boy in me rises...lol.

Kingdom Hearts- It probably should've ended back in KH2. Just let Nomura do his versus 13 fix-it project already.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Roblox
Fortnite
Call of Duty Anything
All football games
Anything with compulsory DLC to either progress or comprehend the storyline of sequels (yes I'm still salty over ME3. And I will never not be)
Idle clicker games
Stupid mobile platform farming sims which are just awful, awful things
Anything without a casual mode for people to just enjoy gaming rather than spend £60 on something that exists just to cause rage. It makes gamers elitist and unpleasant at best whenever someone new to a game or franchise struggles with the standard+ difficulties and not everyone relishes "a challenge".

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I can't think of any specific game, but there is definitely a practice I want gone, and gone now. DRM and Games as a service. I hate seeing a really cool game get shut down because the developers don't want to support it anymore, regardless of whether people are still playing or not, and don't provide an option to play it offline. Some games like Star Wars Galaxies and EVE Online have been reversed engineered and have emulated servers, but many many other games will inevitably disappear forever without ever being seen by future players. I really would prefer to save everything, even if it's nothing I particularly play or care about.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nother thing I would like to see go: content behind paywalls. Destiny 2 has started doing this and it's not ok. My first Dawning event whereby I couldn't complete my collections because you have to pay real money to upgrade your event card...it's bad enough Bungie sunsetted a tonne of good stuff, they now want to try and force players into paying extra cash for completion.

Plenty of quality games out there offer updated content for free...if it's not full DLC, people shouldn't have to fork out for it. Especially not temporary events .

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Walking simulators, i mean what is the point of a game where u walk around but have no actual gameplay or physical interaction with the environment or ai

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Walking simulators, i mean what is the point of a game where u walk around but have no actual gameplay or physical interaction with the environment or ai
thumb_that-is-art-iron-giant-art-the-mary-sue-50100487.png

While we are at it, forced walking sections in games period. Most aren't even fun the first time through, it only get more annoying on subsequent playthroughs. A lot of Sony games suffer from this. Even Bayonetta 3 has more walking sections than the last game. They may only last 5-12 seconds, but that makes it all the more annoying. Why not just make a cut scene, if you're going to have that much dialogue?

Last edited:

Gasoline Tank

Well, Resident Evil needs to have less action games. I feel like RE4 was when the series started to fizzle into nonsense.

The series doesn't even feel like the same franchise any more with how many times they've changed things up. By far the worst numbered entry is RE8, because the enemies are incredibly stupid looking.

Capcom also needs to stop going back to 1998, because there's no point. I hate that they're not moving things ahead.

Raccoon City is long gone.

Dr. Cheesesteak

Well, Resident Evil needs to have less action games. I feel like RE4 was when the series started to fizzle into nonsense.

The series doesn't even feel like the same franchise any more with how many times they've changed things up. By far the worst numbered entry is RE8, because the enemies are incredibly stupid looking.

Capcom also needs to stop going back to 1998, because there's no point. I hate that they're not moving things ahead.

Raccoon City is long gone.
Says Capcom needs to move on from the past and ignore Raccoon City after having just mentioned RE8 (and RE4make).

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

To tell a story. And, btw, 90% of them have actual gameplay/interactions of some sort. Not sure which you've played but early ones like Dear Esther actually were just walking and reading only. Speaking of reading, curious as to why you don't call out VN's in this case. They're generally even less "interactive" than walking sims.

The only real type of game or franchise I can think of I want to go away is CoD. But I get it, the masses will still buy any new version of it. Just seems extremely pointless. I'm curious how much new CoDs cost to make. I wonder if Activision could just make more money turning it into a sub-based game w/o having to release a new version every year. Not even sure what models they use now, besides WZ2 is f2p? And I assume the recent ones have BP's or other types of mtx's?

And yearly sports games also, as Meg mentioned. The sports games can just get yearly roster updates as DLC, if the game itself is actually good enough. Maybe do an actual gameplay/features update every 3-5 years and just do roster DLC updates between then.

Oh, and sorta speaking of CoD and BP's, paid games that have paid battle passes need to die. Just a few years ago, this was considered extremely scummy, BP's only really being acceptable for f2p games. But now the Western AAA publishers have made it the norm to include paid BP's w/ paid games.

In fact, how about just EA, Ubisoft, and Activision Blizz go away? I'd say WB Games, too, but surprisingly Gotham Knights had 0 mtx's and it looks like they may try to NOT make Suicide Squad too scummy on the GAAS end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball- there are other cut projects I rather see realized like Project Progressive and Code Chronos.

Assassin's creed- it's gone on too long and I miss Prince of Persia.

Fun fact- AC started out as a PoP title and the Hassassins popped up as villians in the PoP movie.

Last edited:

Meg

Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball- there are other cut projects I rather see realized like Project Progressive and Code Chronos.

Assassin's creed- it's gone on too long and I miss Prince of Persia.

Fun fact- AC started out as a PoP title and the Hassassins popped up as villians in the PoP movie.
Whoa whoa whoa. You don’t get to say that right on the cusp of Assassin’s Creed returning to form (assuming Mirage is good).

But yes I miss Prince of Persia. The possibilities for the series on modern hardware get me so excited. I’ve had an idea kicking around in my head that the more you rewind time, the more the world starts to destabilize until everything eventually breaks. Multiple endings with the true ending requiring small use of time rewind, meaning a high skill level to complete.

But no, Ubisoft would rather make six more Assassin’s Creed games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Whoa whoa whoa. You don’t get to say that right on the cusp of Assassin’s Creed returning to form (assuming Mirage is good).

But yes I miss Prince of Persia. The possibilities for the series on modern hardware get me so excited. I’ve had an idea kicking around in my head that the more you rewind time, the more the world starts to destabilize until everything eventually breaks. Multiple endings with the true ending requiring small use of time rewind, meaning a high skill level to complete.

But no, Ubisoft would rather make six more Assassin’s Creed games.
That's a cool pitch.

Last edited:

Dr. Cheesesteak

I was going to list Assassin's Creed along w/ CoD, but it seems Ubi has slowed down a bit and is prepping to go back to their roots, while also making a more diversified experience of the franchise w/ the other games coming up. So kudos to them. Maybe.

What are some games that you’re sick of and would rather not get any more sequels? Obviously people are free to enjoy any game they want, so don’t worry if someone calls out a series you love. This thread is all in good fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

For me it’s annual sports games. It makes me sad to say it because I love MLB The Show, but the increasing obsession developers have with making these games live services is gross. Enough with the stupid card packs my goodness!

It won’t happen, but I wish these games would only come out once every few years, with the current game getting yearly roster updates until the new one comes out.

That’s not a very hot take so I’ll also say Soulslike games. I love exploration heavy games but these games are not for me. The difficulty is not fun because all it does is get in the way of what I really care about. We need less of this and more chill exploration games.

What about you? The spicier the opinion the better!
Assassin's Creed: While the Assassin's Creed series has its own fan base, of which I am also a fan I have played through all the series of the game which is truly amazing from the graphics to the gameplay though However, what I don't like is that the game's optimization is quite poor, I don't know if that's true

Crossover in games, so not specifically the series like Smash, Tekken or Cod, but I want crossovers like Tekken featuring Virtua Fighter and Walking Dead Characters, or Cod games featuring Lara Croft to end, in general games as live service stuff I would like to see go away.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yearly releases of the same game with a lick of paint

Fifa, nba , madden and cod etc.Maybe space the releases out and make em different enough from each other to justify the price tag

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom