• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games You Didn't Think You'd Like

Meg

What are some games you weren't sure you would like, but then when you played them they were amazing?

The best example with me is Final Fantasy XIII. As a whole I think FF is crap, so I had absolutely no interest in this game. I remember seeing all this stuff about it for years and just thought, "Uhhhh, no. Don't care." When it started getting great reviews I still didn't care. Then something happened and I (for whatever reason, fate maybe) decided that I HAD to play it. And now its in my Top Five favorite games of all times. (As well as Top One Worst Story Ever :p) What about you guys?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Believe it or not, I originally believed DMC to be the biggest load of crap I'd ever seen. Then, I actually played it. I believe I must have nearly choked on my own words after that.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dawn of War 1 through to Soulstorm.
Honestly, the 40k universe never used to appeal to me, but since I started playing those games I just fell in love, I also now know more about the 40k universe lore and history wise than my friend who has a several hundred soldier strong Chaos tabletop army.

The original Black & White.
Never thought that'd be all that interesting either, turns out I was wrong and that it feeds my god complex like no other game in the world.

Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: I instantly thought "HURR HURR REALISM KILLS THE FUN!"
I ate my words. Hard.
The difficulty just makes it more fun.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
How forget i thinked i will not like the Mana Khemia series, action in a 2-D RPG, i just love that thing.

And Makai Kingond that thing maked me love even more 2-D Gmaes

Michiru

Styrofoam! D:
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. When I saw it, I thought it looked crappy and thought the story sounded pretty stupid, but I got it just because. And i'm actually glad I did get it because now VP is one my favorite game series.XD

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Wild ARMs 4. I tried playing it multiple times, but once I actually spent some time on it, I absolutely fell in love with the game.

It is now my favorite game. Evar.

Meg

Another one for me is Tekken: DR. I didn't like fighting games to much, but I decided to give it a try and now its my favorite game on the PSP.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dead Rising. I bought it for the sake of it not thinking it would be much and it gathered dust on my shelf for a long time until one day I played it out of boredom. To this day I still think it is the most perfect zombie game that will ever be made. It was much better than Left 4 Dead in my eyes. I loved it so much infact that I actually spent an entire day 9AM-1AM going through infinite mode and I had a great time.

The Godfather 2. Same story I bought it and never really bothered getting into it for a good few months until I decided to give it another chance. I quickly became so obsessed with that I just lived on that game for the next few days. Much better than the first.

I want to play them again now >_<

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Shadow of rome , i saw gameplay videos and i didn't like it , after i saw the videos by a week i think , my brother bought it. and i really enjoyed slicing the enemies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dragon Age Origins, as i liked the premise of the game and im a Bioware fan but i didnt think the Dungeons and Dragons feel of the game would be any good. After playing it i was shocked as to how deep and huge the game actually is.

Borderlands also as i didnt think the idea would work and the game would become repetitive. However after investing some time into it and playing the co-op i really started to enjoy it.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I have finally thought of 2. Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 4. The first time I played them, I didn't like them. Then later on(about a few months) I got bored and played them. I was really good at it.

aka958

Don't trust people
Hmm... I have no friggin' idea.

I thought the game Enchanted Arms seemed to suck. After I played it, it instantly became one of the most addicting games.
Hmm... Devil May Cry?

The first time I saw Devil May Cry was early when I first got a PS2, it had a demo disc with it. In the demo disc there was a trailer for Devil May Cry, it looked so awful and boring I just never cared to watch.
I think it was seven years later that I'd play Devil May Cry 3 for the first time, and well... I didn't know it was the same game series until later when I remembered about that.
As fast as I'd play Devil May Cry 3, I joined this forum. Yupp, I loved a game series I thought for sure that I'd hate seven years earlier so much that I even joined a forum for it.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Dark Drakan;225250 said:
Dragon Age Origins, as i liked the premise of the game and im a Bioware fan but i didnt think the Dungeons and Dragons feel of the game would be any good. After playing it i was shocked as to how deep and huge the game actually is.

You know i have Dragon Age and i have finished it and every friend of mine that come to my house asks to play Dragon Age.

Anyway,i thought that i wouldn't like prince of persia 4,well i had all the others prince of persia.I had seen the trailer and the gameplay and i saw that it was to many parkour and few fight but i bought it and i liked it more than the others prince of persia.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
You honestly want to know about my one reversal?

*Checks everywhere*.Ok it's gonna get a bit X-rated here.No profanities or anything but just in case :

It was Demonbane the original.It started when I saw a nice picture of it with insanely great art and though : WOW,this is the best CG ever!After that I tried to find the game,but when I found about the amount of loli and tentacles it had[yes it is a VN with h content]I was immidiately shunned but the fact that 80% of it was Lovecraft and 20% was mecha,I decided to give it a try.And goddamn I liked it,this,the non-h version[and with not so much violence] and the sequel too.These along with Fate/Stay Night remain my best Vns up until today.And thank go I took that step.

camper

DevilMayCry4Ever
Hey dante_13 wenn i came to your house i dint want to play dragon age you told me to play it.:D

camper

DevilMayCry4Ever
I thougt that spore isn a good game and i was thinging that it was for children but wenn i played it was a little fan.

Top Bottom