• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game series that just doesn't live up to the hype

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Vaan?:troll: That guy was so annoying, more annoying that Tidus and that's saying something because I really hated him. Vaan was like some hanger on who did not belong there. I'd say Balthier or Ashe were the leading characters, not the annoying kid who was on almost all the promotional art.

Final Fantasy XII was like Final Fantasy for the lazy people. I could just set up my gambits, walk into a battle and do basically nothing...kinda like FF XIII where you just spam the auto battle command. >_<

I hate FFXII for more than Vaan i'll admit, the gameplay is god awful as well and as you say, it's FF for lazy bastards, XII pushed me away from the FF franchise and well into the arms of games like Disgaea.

But yeah. Vaan. Yikes. You could make Balthier twice as likeable and it still wouldn't balance the scales of stupid.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But yeah. Vaan. Yikes. You could make Balthier twice as likeable and it still wouldn't balance the scales of stupid.
Balthier should have kicked Vaan's ass like Lightning and Fang did to Snow:lol: ...shame he didn't, but the guy is too much of a gentleman to do that. At least Balthier did point out that he was the real leading man. :p
Vaan is just too stupid and too dull. He's in the same league as Tidus and Snow and they were both pretty stupid too. Snow just ran around screaming about Serah and how he was a hero, when really he did nothing useful.
Then Tidus...he was just annoying and unlikable. He's like Vaan, but with slightly more story importance.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Balthier should have kicked Vaan's ass like Lightning and Fang did to Snow:lol: ...shame he didn't, but the guy is too much of a gentleman to do that. At least Balthier did point out that he was the real leading man. :p
Vaan is just too stupid and too dull. He's in the same league as Tidus and Snow and they were both pretty stupid too. Snow just ran around screaming about Serah and how he was a hero, when really he did nothing useful.
Then Tidus...he was just annoying and unlikable. He's like Vaan, but with slightly more story importance.

Tidus was actually relevant and he had a REASON for asking for exposition from other characters, Vaan was just completely ignorant of everything around him and the world in general.

That said though, i still say we Jecht would have been a better main character than Tidus. If he was the main character that would have been the best FF main character ever.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I like how you two keep calling me lazy. I thought you guys were nice....meanies *sniff* jk :3

Naw but honestly, I thought the idea of being able to customize your AI controlled allies and have them prioritze over different actions was unique. It felt like a down version of C++. I often wonder how that idea would effect games like Star Ocean. Man the possibilities...

*shrugs* or maybe I just have jacked up taste. Yeah, I'll go with that XD

One thing I can agree on though, Vaan was a **** poor excuse of a main character. I heard he was added as a last minute idea, and it shows so badly lol. I didn't hate him though, he was my third favorite character (what can I say, I thought he was adorable) but I couldn't see him as the main for the life of me. And it took me awhile to get over his abs...they were hideous. Now Balthier on the other hand, he was awesome. I loved that accent haha.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I just found a video i was looking for :-

I agree with the guy every respective game he listed Assassins creed 2,Left for dead,call of duty at their peak were overhyped and overrated to death.

These were the games if you didn't play you wouldn't be a cool in high school ! i'm not exaggerating i'm just being honest everyone was playing it i was the only dweeb too busy playing GOOD games like socom and prince of persia.

And thank GOODNESS he mentioned the atrocious FF7 !! and he does notice the fact that its ugly as sin even for a PS1 game

IMHO its one of the worst RPG games i've ever played its clearly not a classic defining the genre and its really not something which "Revolutionized" the genre it merely opened the faucet of RPG games in the West.

Tables

...chairs?
Darksiders... i'm not talking about the series though, only the 1st game.

That game is so awkward, i was expecting just another (good) GOW wannabe, but... ugh, i can't say what i don't like about that game, some of the animations and the looks of the game don't please me at all.

The story... well, i didn't understand it, after the 3rd or 4th cutscene i just slip them all because i'm not going to waste my time on something i know i won't understand.

Top Bottom