• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game sequels that NEED to happen

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^They can make a spiritual successor of it,not a sequel since it is trademarked under Capcom's stamp.If anything,Mikami can make a God Hand successor using the Vanquish engine,like he did with God Hand.After all,Kamiya did that with Bayonetta,so it's not impossible at all.

Zato-OW

King
BlueDevil;253883 said:
Dawn of War II changed absolutely too many things, and in my opinion, aside from the BEAUTIFUL graphics, that game was...crud.

I say...Star Wars Republic Commando 2. That game was great, I and want to play with Boss, Fixer and Scorch (along with whoever replaces Sev) through Order 66 and the trasformation over to Storm Troopers.

How is it crud? It still has some bugs but the battles are far better then the ones in DOW1. The thing I love about DOW1 over DOW2 though is the campaign and dialog. Other then that DOW2 is better then that of DOW1 as a RTS. One thing I will say is that they made a big mistake putting GFWL in a game like this.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Zato-OW;254051 said:
How is it crud? It still has some bugs but the battles are far better then the ones in DOW1. The thing I love about DOW1 over DOW2 though is the campaign and dialog. Other then that DOW2 is better then that of DOW1 as a RTS. One thing I will say is that they made a big mistake putting GFWL in a game like this.

DoW II is not an RTS, the staples of an RTS involve base building and constructing your army strategically to counter what your enemy has, DoW II does not feature any of that, if anything, Dawn of War II is a tactical RPG, thus is not a real successor to the original Dawn of War games.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Exactly...and I can say one thing that bothers me VERY much about the game is (Credo already knows how I feel on things like this) the units.

I'm sorry...a Space Marine squad does not ONLY have four men.

At least in DoW1, you could knock it up to 9, including the sergeant.
Now, I know it's just a representation of the actual thing, but it still bugs me very much.

I also didn't like the scenario set ups. They were almost all the same. You start in the bottom corner and work your way up to the top corner where you fight the main enemies/boss units.

And my last complaint was that they simply stepped TOO far ahead, and a game that should've worked on most computers ends up constantly fumbling up, lags, and has choppy cutscenes (hehe, choppy choppy WAAAAGGGH!...ahem)

I simply can't enjoy it. I stuck with DoW1...as it is, the only army missing is Tyranid if you have all of the expansions, and that doesn't bother me a whole lot anyway.

Zato-OW

King
Angelo Credo;254089 said:
DoW II is not an RTS, the staples of an RTS involve base building and constructing your army strategically to counter what your enemy has, DoW II does not feature any of that, if anything, Dawn of War II is a tactical RPG, thus is not a real successor to the original Dawn of War games.

A RTS doesn't have to have base building. Its a Real Time Strategy game. Like how chess is considered a Real Time Strategy game. This game also allows you to counter build what you opponent has built in multiplayer. I think you are talking about the campaign version of the game where I can agree with you, but the multiplayer part of the game is just better then that of DOW1. That's where it matters the most. Like I said though, I don't like the campaign at all in DOW2.

Top Bottom