• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of the Year 2021

Meg

What are your favorite games from this year? What games disappointed you, and what are you looking forward to for next year?

For me, I barely played any new releases but of the ones I did play, Hot Wheels Unleashed stands out as a favorite. I’m playing Pokemon Shining Pearl right now and having a good time too. Riders Republic isn’t as good as I had hoped, but still enjoyable.

For next year, I’m most excited about Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Gran Turismo 7. Have my eye on Lego Skywalker Saga and Grid Legends as well.

What about you? :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Psychonauts 2 was the only game I played that came out in 2021. I enjoyed it immensely. It's a pretty good 3d platformer with some light combat and a charming all ages narrative.

If Double Fine weren't a Microsoft exclusive, I'd want them to reboot Jak and Daxter.

The game I'm most excited for is God of War Ragnarok.

I do want to catchup on my backlog. Both FF15 royal, DMC1-4 bundle and Nier Automata are pretty cheap. I wanted to add KH3 but that game is close to 100 dollars with its DLC included. My love/hate relationship with that franchise isn't worth that much.

I wanted to play Persona 5 but after struggling with Yakuza Like a Dragon and Ff10, I've come to realize turn based combat ain't my thing. I'm still on the fence about it.

Sherlock holmes chapter one is coming to PS4 next year so it's on the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meg

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Tales of Arise, Cris Tales and Metroid Dread were my favorites fron this year.

Looking forward to Horizon: Forbidden West and AI Somnium Files: Nirvana Initiative next year.

Reactions: Meg

Gasoline Tank

The only game I played this year was a game a lot more of people praise. Resident Evil Village. I guess you mommy milkers were happy with Maggie Robertson winning the award. ;)

In terms of the story, it just didn't deliver for me. Some stuff makes no sense at all in that game. LOL.

I think the game is also intentionally like RE4 in nearly every single way, because Capcom wants to hype up fans for the remake of RE4. So this RE8 basically copies nearly every aspect of RE4, and Capcom claims that people found RE7 "too scary" to play, or something just as stupid sounding. So this is supposedly their reason for making RE8 a run and gun game again. However, I think they were possibly lying.

But the story is a let down for me. It doesn't stay in your memory for the right reasons. But a lot of people finished the game felt it was relatively weird, as this YouTuber even pointed out how Chris can across as stupid, and a lot of the bosses, I feel, are too out there to be taken seriously...

Top Bottom