• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

game console

nero's#1hater

just to make u smile
could some one recommend me on buying one of those new consoles i really don't know the names.it's a gift for my cousin

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
it seems u really love ur cousin. that's cute! hmmmmmm, I'd say to go with the PS3 cuz I really haven't had any problems with it. But then again that's my opinion :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Aww bless, you really love your cousin from the looks of it. ^_^

Well, I suppose that means a choice between the Xbox 360 or the Wii, correct?

Well, the Wii pretty much caters exclusively to a family style gamer whereas the Xbox 360 is more for action games and all that, the 360 has the strongest line up of games, meaning that he's going to have a LOT of choice in terms of any games he might want, compared to the Wii which has only a few titles in comparison, all of which are sub par at best.

It sort of depends what you're looking for, the Xbox 360 does undoubtedly have it's gremlins and hardware issues, but I've personally had mine for quite a significant amount of time now and I've never had any problems with it.

As I said, the 360 does have the strongest game line up, the Elite has a hell of a lot less hardware issues than the regular console and the 360 in general is good fun for having a lot of friends round for a decent frag-fest on things like Halo and Gears of War while also having the best online community which you'll get free for a month when you buy the console.

I'm not really too sure about the specifics of the Wii, I just know that it's Nintendo and they seem to be the largest developers of gimmicky and pointless games.

That's my opinion on the matter anyways, frankly this is the most balanced generation of consoles, all have their good and bad points no matter what way you look at it.

nero's#1hater

just to make u smile
xbox 360?well ill go to the mall later in the day ill ask if they have it ill buy it. if they don't have it ill buy him a new cell phone.thanks EU you're a good friend

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Buy your cousin an Xbox 360 Elite - he will be very grateful! ^_^

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
I think you'd be better of buying your cousin a phone or a game for his PS3. I own a PS3 and I'd be sick if someone bought me an Xbox 360 because the games coming out on the Xbox are practically the same as the PS3 's line up, meaning your cousin probably won't buy new games for the Xbox only for his PS3 which I think is a better machine. Plus thats robbery having to pay Xbox to get online thats a joke only not funny.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I think Irish-DEVILMAN raises a good point; it's all well and good your cousin having an Xbox 360 and PS3 but if he doesn't have any games to play on 'em then he's pretty much left with two overpriced paperweights.

+rep by the way, Irish.

In that case, I'd recommend buying your brother a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 and perhaps Grand Theft Auto 4. Depends on what his tastes are, really.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Irish-DEVILMAN;99772 said:
I think you'd be better of buying your cousin a phone or a game for his PS3. I own a PS3 and I'd be sick if someone bought me an Xbox 360 because the games coming out on the Xbox are practically the same as the PS3 's line up, meaning your cousin probably won't buy new games for the Xbox only for his PS3 which I think is a better machine. Plus thats robbery having to pay Xbox to get online thats a joke only not funny.

Some great games on 360 that arent on the PS3 also advantage of the Achievements system and most the ported games running better on the 360. Thats why i chose my 360 over buying the PC versions of some games. Just to list a handful off top of my head that arent released yet:

Gears Of War 2
Fable 2
Lost Odyssey 2
Alan Wake
Halo Wars
Infinite Undiscovery
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect Sequels
Splinter Cell 5

The online price is less than the price of a game and is nothing. Id rather pay for a top notch service.

Keaton

Premium
Bioshock is a great game for X360, its out although a prequel is rumoured!

^@Drakan, can't wait for Fable2 :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Keaton;100162 said:
Bioshock is a great game for X360, its out although a prequel is rumoured!

^@Drakan, can't wait for Fable2 :D

Bioshock is coming to PS3 too though and will have all content included as its a year later. Fable 2 will be a great game for sure. ^_^

nero's#1hater

just to make u smile
i just want to say thank you all when he got the present he began to cry of joy and happiness so once again thank you.

Top Bottom