• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of the Devil May Cry franchise?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Games can have great stories and great voice acting if they want to, but if they go that way then they have to have equally great gameplay with it, look at how great the Jak and Daxter games were done, they had an awesome story which I really liked and equally awesome gameplay which made me wanna replay the game over and over. Games are barely made that way anymore, these days it's always all loads of story and dumbed down or little gameplay.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
OK I was confused at first, since Duke Nukum was the name of the first game and had nothing to do with CoD FPSs but now I know you're judging the Duke IP based off DNF and have no clue of Duke Nukem's revolutionary past.

I know of Duke and the past games and how those were actually good. And you'd think that after years of waiting, they'd give us a master piece that would put the old ones to shame with the new technology we have now. But nope, we get a sexist, botced lined game that tries to be a shooter but just does a sub par job.

I use to play Duke Nukeum and I couldn't wait for forever, but when I finally played it, I was dissapointed.

DragonMaster2010

Lolwut, sexism?

Trying to be like CoD? Haha, oh wow.

And if you have more fun enjoyin a good story just for the sake of it, you're better off reading a book or watching a movie. Games are games because they're meant to be played, regardless having or not a good story, check out my discussion with chancey about this. But i understand that games can give a better immersion on a good story, i enjoy some videogame plots and storys too, props to MGS in this subject.

Then what's Assassin's Creed?

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I know of Duke and the past games and how those were actually good. And you'd think that after years of waiting, they'd give us a master piece that would put the old ones to shame with the new technology we have now. But nope, we get a sexist, botced lined game that tries to be a shooter but just does a sub par job.

I use to play Duke Nukeum and I couldn't wait for forever, but when I finally played it, I was dissapointed.
A game that spent 12+ years in development hell could no way be a master piece, the game suffered countless problems and finally was likely to be canceled thanks to the moron in charge being a Halo fanboy, but instead the developers that lost their jobs decided to keep developing the game in their homes before Gearbox came in and released it, the writing was only done by 2 women and the game's development was finished by 5 or 6 people, I knew that the game wasn't gonna be amazing after all that. You should know what to expect from games that went through that kind of development hell.

The next Duke Nukem game will indeed be amazing though, Borderlands 2 amazing, I know that because Gearbox can not afford a to release another bad game after Aliens, they are being watched closely now. But I don't want any of that story focused crap in a Duke Nukem game at all.

DragonMaster2010

A game that spent 12+ years in development hell could no way be a master piece, the game suffered countless problems and finally was likely to be canceled thanks to the moron in charge being a Halo fanboy, but instead the developers that lost their jobs decided to keep developing the game in their homes before Gearbox came in and released it, the writing was only done by 2 women and the game's development was finished by 5 or 6 people, I knew that the game wasn't gonna be amazing after all that. You should know what to expect from games that went through that kind of development hell.

The next Duke Nukem game will indeed be amazing though, Borderlands 2 amazing, I know that because Gearbox can not afford a to release another bad game after Aliens, they are being watched closely now. But I don't want any of that story focused crap in a Duke Nukem game at all.

But that depends when a next Duke Nukem will come out.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
But that depends when a next Duke Nukem will come out.

Well the rumor from OXM was that development on Duke Begins was to start when Aliens was done, however I don't think thats true, Duke Begins was just something that arose during the lawsuit between 3DRealms and Take 2. Last year Randy Pitchford said that they were already in pre-production of the next Duke game in an interview.

I used to think that Duke 5 would be coming around Duke's 25th Anniversary which is 2 in half years away, but now I think that since Gearbox is one of the many devs working on Next Gen launch titles, it's a safe bet that Duke Nukem 5 will be a Next Gen game.

TheOneGirl

:( Even though Dante isn't real, I still was depressed after I played all of the old DMC games. I doubt that Capcom will continue the franchise because they have a contract with Ninja Theory. :/

DragonMaster2010

:( Even though Dante isn't real, I still was depressed after I played all of the old DMC games. I doubt that Capcom will continue the franchise because they have a contract with Ninja Theory. :/

That doesn't necessarily mean a DMC5 won't show up. They could do both.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Gearbox sucks. Not only do they deliver that pathetic Duke Nukem Forever but they all effed up on Colonial Marines and Borderlands sucks. I seriously don't see the appeal of Borderlands. It's just going in a bunch of junk yards and shooting dudes with hockey mask and taking their stuff. That's it. It's BOREDerlands. Game is immensely boring zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Then what's Assassin's Creed?
AssCreed is just like CoD now but of a different color. It's virtually the same game released every year. The only thing I noticed that really changed with Assassin's Creed is how little you actually assassinate people. That series just needs to take a break and get its sh!t together.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Oh that did not work at all, dont you think?
Nope and I'm willing to bet if they go ahead with DmC2, the hate and boycott will be even bigger that Devil May Cry will forever be "Most hated franchise that used to be loved" from Capcom, if Resident Evil doesn't get there first.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well with a new Sengoku Basara (4) game coming out in 2014...Kobayashi is probably working on that and I wonder how much of the DMC team is working on that.

Well if Itsuno ain't busy (DD2) he and his team can work on DMC5 right away...dontcha think Capcom?

Terrutas

They will be really silly if they went ahead with a DmC2. I don't see the point.

Why pander to a small group of hipsters when there's a larger group of fans who'd buy a faithful DMC sequel in a heart beat?
Because it will probably be cheaper. Nevermind the profit, cheaper and faster = better in this industry. :)

Top Bottom