• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of the Devil May Cry franchise?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
MGR wasn't written by Kojima, it was Etsu Tamari. He hardly had much involvement with Rising and just basically gave the people his ok and the lack of that directorial flare the Metal Gear series is known for sure as hell is obviously lacking. Trust me, I know Metal Gear. I've always wanted a cyborg ninja game but I want a TRUE Metal Gear Cyborg Ninja game. MGR just seems like P*'s cover of a Metal Gear game and I sure as hell was let down by it. It's not just even the universal hatred for Raiden, it really does lack the Metal Gear charm and any Metal Gear fan would tell you the same. P* might be all about style over substance but Metal Gear had both and Rising is suppose to be a Metal Gear game regardless of the change in genre and spinoff status surrounding it.

I hope they let Kojima work on his Gray Fox game because that's what everyone always wanted and if Kojima would be directly involved with the story and all that than we can get a Metal Gear experience. P* doesn't get Metal Gear and also the gameplay was still lackluster on their part.

I'm a fan of MGS myself and i've loved MGR, it added things to MGS universe but kept the things simple and respected the MG and MGS legacy, and it's a better and more challenging hack'n'slash than DmC. Plus, it's not MGS, it's MGR. MGS still continues as a franchise, MGR did not "hurt" the MGS franchise in any way. They've even added a brazilian character that's freaking cool and is not only one more capoeira fighter. And the "Raiden hatred" ended turned into a good thing for people who played MGS4, he plays an important job on MGS4 story without stealing Solid's spotlight like he did in MGS2.

As Wesker and GF900000 said, i would be very happy if they continue with the old DMC series while not killing the new. But i doubt that this would happen, games are so much expensive to produce nowadays.

I think that Capcom will continue with this new DmC even with the poor sales, even if they make only one more game of the franchise. I hope at least that they give an ending to this series rather than doing what they did to DMC, it really sucks to have a franchise abandoned for nothing.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm a fan of MGS myself and i've loved MGR, it added things to MGS universe but kept the things simple and respected the MG and MGS legacy, and it's a better and more challenging hack'n'slash than DmC. Plus, it's not MGS, it's MGR. MGS still continues as a franchise, MGR did not "hurt" the MGS franchise in any way. They've even added a brazilian character that's freaking cool and is not only one more capoeira fighter. And the "Raiden hatred" ended turned into a good thing for people who played MGS4, he plays an important job on MGS4 story without stealing Solid's spotlight like he did in MGS2.

As Wesker and GF900000 said, i would be very happy if they continue with the old DMC series while not killing the new. But i doubt that this would happen, games are so much expensive to produce nowadays.

I think that Capcom will continue with this new DmC even with the poor sales, even if they make only one more game of the franchise. I hope at least that they give an ending to this series rather than doing what they did to DMC, it really sucks to have a franchise abandoned for nothing.
If I compare the two MGR isn't really a better hack n slasher. They are about even but I enjoy DmC more just because I enjoy the Metal Gear franchise more so than any Devil May Cry so I don't personally like what's done with the game. It feels like a Metal Gear game in name only. Plus this really does interfere with the story of Metal Gear. MGS 4 gave the character of Raiden resolution so him suiting up in Rising just kind of disregards what happen in MGS 4.

To be fair, the anti-DmC crowd were all over Rising out of spite for DmC and were calling it the better game just because P* games were making it. The level design is rather bland and empty. The mechanics also can be exploited as hell. Seriously, why do you call it the challenging hack n slasher where you can honestly just hit that stick in the direction of the enemy with the attack button and you are virtually untouchable. Plus the formula success is easy. You slash until you see the blue static and just enter blade mode for that overkill. The blade mode was the gimmick that held more potential. It basically becomes a little mini game more than anything. Also I don't care, Raiden is still a stupid character no matter how much they try to bend over backwards and say he isn't. He's also still very hated regardless of what you think. And the high heels, because Raiden wasn't feminine enough. There are hotter girls in the Metal Gear series anyway.

DmC holds more of a creative edge as this series was at a creative dead end whether you want to admit it or not. I also said I would like the original series to return one day but not so soon. And also if anything if the original series returns it should be more in the spirit of DMC 1 because 3 and 4 really just introduced stupid aspects to the series.

If it really isn't the cosmetics then all they have to do is improve on the gameplay even for the most stubborn of fans and everyone should be happy. The people who want to see a follow up to DmC get the sequel and the stubborn fanboys got nothing to complain about anymore. Going forth with just another DMC forgets the people that did appreciate DmC and that just shows Capcom is willing to sell out instead of stick to their guns. DMC had it's time to shine and screwed up majorly not once but twice. DmC sure as hell isn't as bad as the fanatical fans think and if they honestly believe DmC is like one of the worst games ever then, they don't know what a bad game really is. Out of all the most recent moves Capcom made with their franchises DmC was the best move. I'm a bigger MegaMan fan so I have no reason to defend Capcom so I won't. Screw Capcom. I rather anyone work on their games besides them because they screwed me over too many times. I'm also probably a bigger Resident Evil fan so you know the status on RE. RE 6 was the worst game I played last year.

An improved DmC seems like the best move because it would please both ends. Unless it really is just a silly weeaboo crowd who feel betrayed because Devil May Cry isn't trying to be an anime anymore. Good luck trying to please those narrow minded idiots. Devil May Cry doesn't need crap that to exist as a video game though. DMC 1 is still my personal favorite but I had fun with DmC and is that wrong? Last time I checked video games are a product for casual recreation. I'll gladly keep DmC and put in on my shelf next to DMC 1 and 3.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
If I compare the two MGR isn't really a better hack n slasher. They are about even but I enjoy DmC more just because I enjoy the Metal Gear franchise more so than any Devil May Cry so I don't personally like what's done with the game. It feels like a Metal Gear game in name only. Plus this really does interfere with the story of Metal Gear. MGS 4 gave the character of Raiden resolution so him suiting up in Rising just kind of disregards what happen in MGS 4.

To be fair, the anti-DmC crowd were all over Rising out of spite for DmC and were calling it the better game just because P* games were making it. The level design is rather bland and empty. The mechanics also can be exploited as hell. Seriously, why do you call it the challenging hack n slasher where you can honestly just hit that stick in the direction of the enemy with the attack button and you are virtually untouchable. Plus the formula success is easy. You slash until you see the blue static and just enter blade mode for that overkill. The blade mode was the gimmick that held more potential. It basically becomes a little mini game more than anything. Also I don't care, Raiden is still a stupid character no matter how much they try to bend over backwards and say he isn't. He's also still very hated regardless of what you think. And the high heels, because Raiden wasn't feminine enough. There are hotter girls in the Metal Gear series anyway.

DmC holds more of a creative edge as this series was at a creative dead end whether you want to admit it or not. I also said I would like the original series to return one day but not so soon. And also if anything if the original series returns it should be more in the spirit of DMC 1 because 3 and 4 really just introduced stupid aspects to the series.

If it really isn't the cosmetics then all they have to do is improve on the gameplay even for the most stubborn of fans and everyone should be happy. The people who want to see a follow up to DmC get the sequel and the stubborn fanboys got nothing to complain about anymore. Going forth with just another DMC forgets the people that did appreciate DmC and that just shows Capcom is willing to sell out instead of stick to their guns. DMC had it's time to shine and screwed up majorly not once but twice. DmC sure as hell isn't as bad as the fanatical fans think and if they honestly believe DmC is like one of the worst games ever then, they don't know what a bad game really is. Out of all the most recent moves Capcom made with their franchises DmC was the best move. I'm a bigger MegaMan fan so I have no reason to defend Capcom so I won't. Screw Capcom. I rather anyone work on their games besides them because they screwed me over too many times. I'm also probably a bigger Resident Evil fan so you know the status on RE. RE 6 was the worst game I played last year.

An improved DmC seems like the best move because it would please both ends. Unless it really is just a silly weeaboo crowd who feel betrayed because Devil May Cry isn't trying to be an anime anymore. Good luck trying to please those narrow minded idiots. Devil May Cry doesn't need crap that to exist as a video game though. DMC 1 is still my personal favorite but I had fun with DmC and is that wrong? Last time I checked video games are a product for casual recreation. I'll gladly keep DmC and put in on my shelf next to DMC 1 and 3.

Don't let the jimmies rustle on you, mate. Nobody here said that DmC is the worst game they've played, i've written a big comment about this in my first post on this thread, and i've never stated this too, so hold your breath. But DmC is really a downgraded and casualized DMC game, for the sake of simplicity of an extense explanation that i've already did here in this topic. And casualizing was the "philosophy" of NT while doing this game, they've put this in clear words on interview, i guess that you already have seen this interview but i can link it to you. A casualized game can't give extended good experiences to anyone who actually see videogames as any other hobbie, i play videogames like i would train some martial art, nowadays this is true for a bunch of people who like to tackle some challenging games, any challenging game is more appealing than a dumb one even to a casual player.

Going forth with just another DMC forgets the people that did appreciate DmC and that just shows Capcom is willing to sell out instead of stick to their guns.

You are a funny person, i like you.

DmC holds more of a creative edge as this series was at a creative dead end whether you want to admit it or not.

Interesting point you had here, but looks like you don't took your time to read my posts. As i've already said: this reboot was not about any "problems" of the original series, it was for profit, they wanted to sell DmC as a western game but it backfired on them when it went for the sales. But if you are saiyng it regardless of Capcom's decision, TADAAAM, i agree with you consistently. But games are meant to be well played, not to be "creative", Capcom overall is not creative; they even reuse names in different franchises (Ryu from ST and Ryu from Breath of Fire).

An improved DmC seems like the best move because it would please both ends. Unless it really is just a silly weeaboo crowd who feel betrayed because Devil May Cry isn't trying to be an anime anymore.

Haha. If i get back to when i had 15, afford a Guy Fawkes mask, start talking about revolution and how the government is evil i can hang around with you and go beasting on the girls? Guess this makes clear how childish it's to do an statement like this, DmC has no "deep" story whatsoever, it's just like, your opinion, man. It all comes down to personal tastes and preferences when talking about narratives, storys, characters, it's not an objective thing to analyse and you should deal with it. The same way you can say old DMC series are for "otakus and weaboos XD XD XD" people can easily say that DmC is aimed on western teenager and younger adults who likes Anonymous and dream of a "free communist world". But i would agree with you if you told me that MGS had great and deep stories, because it's my take on that too.

About your comparison of how challenging DmC is compared to MGR:

See how dumb this boss is? See how insane is the output damage for DE+DT or just DT? To have the benefit of doing a ton of damage (and only on Revengeance mode) you need to do a perfect parry on MGR, i can say that it's a much more little frame window to do a perfect parry than a perfect dodge on DmC. So you can setup the equation for yourself here, i'm not in the mood of making another gigantic post explaining this games in detail. But i'm not here to convince people to not play DmC as well, if you read my first post it will clarify things for you! Mostly of my opinion about how DmC played out as a game, it's indeed a good game but a shallow one, sadly.

Punishment for mistakes actually hurts and occurs often in MGR, different from DmC given that Donte has so many tools for correcting mistakes. I won't go as far to say that MGR is WAAAAY better than DmC, even because i finished just one run in MGR but constantly catch myself struggling on some bosses and against some enemies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Don't let the jimmies rustle on you, mate. Nobody here said that DmC is the worst game they've played, i've written a big comment about this in my first post on this thread, and i've never stated this too, so hold your breath. But DmC is really a downgraded and casualized DMC game, for the sake of simplicity of an extense explanation that i've already did here in this topic. And casualizing was the "philosophy" of NT while doing this game, they've put this in clear words on interview, i guess that you already have seen this interview but i can link it to you. A casualized game can't give extended good experiences to anyone who actually see videogames as any other hobbie, i play videogames like i would train some martial art, nowadays this is true for a bunch of people who like to tackle some challenging games, any challenging game is more appealing than a dumb one even to a casual player.

You are a funny person, i like you.

Interesting point you had here, but looks like you don't took your time to read my posts. As i've already said: this reboot was not about any "problems" of the original series, it was for profit, they wanted to sell DmC as a western game but it backfired on them when it went for the sales. But if you are saiyng it regardless of Capcom's decision, TADAAAM, i agree with you consistently. But games are meant to be well played, not to be "creative", Capcom overall is not creative; they even reuse names in different franchises (Ryu from ST and Ryu from Breath of Fire).

Haha. If i get back to when i had 15, afford a Guy Fawkes mask, start talking about revolution and how the government is evil i can hang around with you and go beasting on the girls? Guess this makes clear how childish it's to do an statement like this, DmC has no "deep" story whatsoever, it's just like, your opinion, man. It all comes down to personal tastes and preferences when talking about narratives, storys, characters, it's not an objective thing to analyse and you should deal with it. The same way you can say old DMC series are for "otakus and weaboos XD XD XD" people can easily say that DmC is aimed on western teenager and younger adults who likes Anonymous and dream of a "free communist world". But i would agree with you if you told me that MGS had great and deep stories, because it's my take on that too.

About your comparison of how challenging DmC is compared to MGR:

See how dumb this boss is? See how insane is the output damage for DE+DT or just DT? To have the benefit of doing a ton of damage (and only on Revengeance mode) you need to do a perfect parry on MGR, i can say that it's a much more little frame window to do a perfect parry than a perfect dodge on DmC. So you can setup the equation for yourself here, i'm not in the mood of making another gigantic post explaining this games in detail. But i'm not here to convince people to not play DmC as well, if you read my first post it will clarify things for you! Mostly of my opinion about how DmC played out as a game, it's indeed a good game but a shallow one, sadly.

Punishment for mistakes actually hurts and occurs often in MGR, different from DmC given that Donte has so many tools for correcting mistakes. I won't go as far to say that MGR is WAAAAY better than DmC, even because i finished just one run in MGR but constantly catch myself struggling on some bosses and against some enemies.
I don't think DmC's story is deep or compelling. I never said that. I just think DmC is just as dumb as the original when it came to stories and characters. The only one I actually cared about was the first one because at the time DMC still had the potential to be it's own thing and I guess my speculation of what else was in this world was better than what Capcom had in mind. It's kind of like how Star Wars fans speculated how cool the prequels would be based on the world they already saw to then just witness how lame it all was because George Lucas didn't even get why people loved his franchise. I'm not even a Star Wars fan but it seems to me that the less I knew about the DMC world the better off it was. Sequels didn't really give it its own identity but more so just ripped plots and characters from so many existing things that we've seen 1000 times already it really wasn't interesting or compelling. DmC doesn't really improve on that but really just stays just as dumb as the previous series. Way to pay homage to the original series NT. It looks like it pays tribute quite nicely.

You say video games aren't for being creative and I don't agree with that at all. You've got to be kidding me. This is a creative industry. When amazing creative experiences such as Journey, Shadow Of The Colossus, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid, Portal, Red Dead Redemption, etc. etc. are created then why the hell do you not think that video games can stand up as artistic expression that can also compete with film and music? You're kind of like demeaning video games. I truly think games have reached a standard where it can also be considered art.

As far as Metal Gear goes. I didn't say I hate Rising but I don't think it's all that great. It's not really that challenging and also suffers from it's fair share of flaws. Quite frankly I expected better from P* in the combat department because it's pretty weak in that aspect. I would say DmC and MGR are just about even. I picked up that Shinobi(ps2) and Ninja Gaiden(x-box) at a pawn shop and I've been having more fun with those than I had with MGR. The game is extremely short too. I played at beat it at a friends house in the span of like a little over 4 hours. I would rather see my Gray Fox game but also I just don't give a crap about hack n slashers when it comes to Metal Gear. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing truly important when it comes to Metal Gear is this baby right here
__metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_wallpaper___by_pokethecactus-d5zklx8.jpg

I think Metal Gear fans can agree that this is more important. Have fun with your short lived hack n slash. Open world Metal Gear Solid with Big Boss and that awesome stealth gameplay actually made by Kojima. This could be the one to top the masterful MGS 3. This is the real deal. MGR doesn't exist.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I don't think DmC's story is deep or compelling. I never said that. I just think DmC is just as dumb as the original when it came to stories and characters. The only one I actually cared about was the first one because at the time DMC still had the potential to be it's own thing and I guess my speculation of what else was in this world was better than what Capcom had in mind. It's kind of like how Star Wars fans speculated how cool the prequels would be based on the world they already saw to then just witness how lame it all was because George Lucas didn't even get why people loved his franchise. I'm not even a Star Wars fan but it seems to me that the less I knew about the DMC world the better off it was. Sequels didn't really give it its own identity but more so just ripped plots and characters from so many existing things that we've seen 1000 times already it really wasn't interesting or compelling. DmC doesn't really improve on that but really just stays just as dumb as the previous series. Way to pay homage to the original series NT. It looks like it pays tribute quite nicely.

You say video games aren't for being creative and I don't agree with that at all. You've got to be kidding me. This is a creative industry. When amazing creative experiences such as Journey, Shadow Of The Colossus, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid, Portal, Red Dead Redemption, etc. etc. are created then why the hell do you not think that video games can stand up as artistic expression that can also compete with film and music? You're kind of like demeaning video games. I truly think games have reached a standard where it can also be considered art.

As far as Metal Gear goes. I didn't say I hate Rising but I don't think it's all that great. It's not really that challenging and also suffers from it's fair share of flaws. Quite frankly I expected better from P* in the combat department because it's pretty weak in that aspect. I would say DmC and MGR are just about even. I picked up that Shinobi(ps2) and Ninja Gaiden(x-box) at a pawn shop and I've been having more fun with those than I had with MGR. The game is extremely short too. I played at beat it at a friends house in the span of like a little over 4 hours. I would rather see my Gray Fox game but also I just don't give a crap about hack n slashers when it comes to Metal Gear. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing truly important when it comes to Metal Gear is this baby right here
__metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_wallpaper___by_pokethecactus-d5zklx8.jpg

I think Metal Gear fans can agree that this is more important. Have fun with your short lived hack n slash. Open world Metal Gear Solid with Big Boss and that awesome stealth gameplay actually made by Kojima. This could be the one to top the masterful MGS 3. This is the real deal. MGR doesn't exist.

So we agree on that first subject.

Yes, i've screwed up with my words on that part. Games can achieve such levels, but it's kinda dictate by it's genre and purpose, for example, look to fighting and hack'n'slash games, they don't need to be that immersive or artistic to be good games. They need good mechanics, cool characters and a nice background (cool story and that kind of thing), this is were the "playing" part appears most. But there are these masterpieces and immersive games like MGS, SotC, even REs and SHs in the past were games memmorable for giving to the player the feelings and sensations they were suppose to give, but most developers are getting some weird directions based on this masterpieces and making things more like movies than games, i think that Assassin's Creed 2 is one of those, the game has a great narrative, characters, plot, world, but as a game he's boring and gives you no reason to come back and play it again because it has no interesting mechanics ou gameplay itself. Games cannot be considered art by itself, some games can, others game are meant only for competition, others are meant to be only a pastime (these celphone games acts great like this).

But in general i agree with you. And, yes, MGR is not to be seen as a MGS game, it's a good hack'n'slash game and that's it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
MGR really wasn't all that. I tried watching the cutscene movie for it but got bored after the chainsaw tail dog came about. The dialog is just campy, and the characters feel fake. I liked the cinematic cutscenes, but the action itself felt like it needed more then was given. I was also dissapointed with Raiden. He was just a Dante poser trying to be cool with lame one liners. From what I've seen of MGS, I liked Raidens serious side better. This Raiden feels like he's played too much Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. The environment felt like something I'd see in Ninja Gaiden and that's not that impressive. The enemies are cool looking, but at the same time, not that big of an issue since I can just insta-spam cut them no problem.

All honestly, MGR is over-hype in my eyes.

Plus they killed off the president of Kenya. Oh I see, kill off the black men first, huh? Wait to go Kojima...-_- (Sorry, inner Malcolm X popping out)

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I've noticed nearly instantly this "Danteness" on Raiden in the demo.

I don't think MGR as over-hyped, to be honest i don't expected too much from the game when the first trailer come out, i've played the demo and found the game were worth the money. It's not a magnificient hack'n'slash, but it's good and i had a good challenge overall playing it, i need to take my time and play it a bit more.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
It's one of the reasons why I love MGR, it doesn't waste my time with realistic acting or believable characters, it's just awesome hack n slash action with a badass character, I'm sick and tired of action games having focus on the characters and story more than the actual gameplay.

DragonMaster2010

It's one of the reasons why I love MGR, it doesn't waste my time with realistic acting or believable characters, it's just awesome hack n slash action with a badass character, I'm sick and tired of action games having focus on the characters and story more than the actual gameplay.

But yet the president of Kenya has to die first as an important head of a country, and politics have to be involved in it with some governor being the main bad guy? Sorry, but MGR seems to try and be realistic.

Also you can't have a game without story. otherwise it's just gameplay and no substance. And that's called a half assed job.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
But yet the president of Kenya has to die first as an important head of a country, and politics have to be involved in it with some governor being the main bad guy? Sorry, but MGR seems to try and be realistic.

Also you can't have a game without story. otherwise it's just gameplay and no substance. And that's called a half assed job.
I wouldnt say a game always has to have a story and while i can't judge MGR's story I don't think its trying to be all that realistic
tumblr_mie5emdtHB1qa1vjko1_500.gif

DragonMaster2010

I wouldnt say a game always has to have a story and while i can't judge MGR's story I don't think its trying to be all that realistic
tumblr_mie5emdtHB1qa1vjko1_500.gif

Elements of it were realistic, but like I said, I couldn't play the entire game cause I got bored of it after the chainsaw tailed dog.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014

I'm not saying games should be without their plots or story, I'm just sick and tired of action games that focus more on the Hollywood stories, "believable" characters and blockbuster cinematics rather than having awesome fun gameplay like DmC and Tomb Raider.
The first thing that is always talked about with DmC (apart from it's boycotting) is how "believable" or "realistic" Dante, Vergil or Kat was and how Dante became more human or whatever crap about the story. Whenever you see a discussion about MGR, it's always about how awesome the gameplay was, how amazing the boss battles were or how epic the soundtrack was, exactly how action games should be.

If games wanna go in the amazing artistic story way, FINE, they can make an IP created to be that way, the Devil May Cry franchise, Tomb Raider franchise and Metal Gear Rising spin offs were not created to be focused on epic stories or Hollywood voice acting, they were created to just past time and have fun.

Do I see Duke Nukem becoming an artistic game full of epic story and believable characters with Hollywood voice acting? Hell no, I play the Duke Nukem games for no other reason than to just have a good time.

DragonMaster2010

I'm not saying games should be without their plots or story, I'm just sick and tired of action games that focus more on the Hollywood stories, "believable" characters and blockbuster cinematics rather than having awesome fun gameplay like DmC and Tomb Raider.
The first thing that is always talked about with DmC (apart from it's boycotting) is how "believable" or "realistic" Dante, Vergil or Kat was and how Dante became more human or whatever crap about the story. Whenever you see a discussion about MGR, it's always about how awesome the gameplay was, how amazing the boss battles were or how epic the soundtrack was, exactly how action games should be.

Who says action games have to stay in that category. That to me is called not being able think out side the box and just seems like an excuse for not being able to know how to write an actual story.

If games wanna go in the amazing artistic story way, FINE, they can make an IP created to be that way, the Devil May Cry franchise, Tomb Raider franchise and Metal Gear Rising spin offs were not created to be focused on epic stories or Hollywood voice acting, they were created to just past time and have fun.

And I have fun by playing games FOR their epic stories and Hollywood voice acting. You're only taking one side of what people play games for and ignoring those who like stories in games.

Do I see Duke Nukem becoming an artistic game full of epic story and believable characters with Hollywood voice acting? Hell no, I play the Duke Nukem games for no other reason than to just have a good time.

Duke Nukum is a terrible example of an action game with it's sexism, blotchy lines, and horrid gameplay that's just trying to be like CoD.

But that's just my opinion.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Who says action games have to stay in that category. That to me is called not being able think out side the box and just seems like an excuse for not being able to know how to write an actual story.
Having a good story in a game with equally good gameplay from an IP that is just supposed to be fun is fine, when the story overshadows the gameplay the IP is famous for, it's not fine.
And I have fun by playing games FOR their epic stories and Hollywood voice acting. You're only taking one side of what people play games for and ignoring those who like stories in games.
That is fine, if people wanna waste their money on games that are only good for stories, that's their choice.
But when my favorite IPs like Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry get turned into boring story only games and the reasons I'm a fan get ruined or dumbed down, then I take action and boycott the crap.
Duke Nukum is a terrible example of an action game with it's sexism, blotchy lines, and horrid gameplay that's just trying to be like CoD.

OK I was confused at first, since Duke Nukum was the name of the first game and had nothing to do with CoD FPSs but now I know you're judging the Duke IP based off DNF and have no clue of Duke Nukem's revolutionary past.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

Lolwut, sexism?

Trying to be like CoD? Haha, oh wow.

And if you have more fun enjoyin a good story just for the sake of it, you're better off reading a book or watching a movie. Games are games because they're meant to be played, regardless having or not a good story, check out my discussion with chancey about this. But i understand that games can give a better immersion on a good story, i enjoy some videogame plots and storys too, props to MGS in this subject.

Top Bottom