• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future Devil May Cry Games?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will we hope for the DMC franchise to continue after 5 once it's successful?

It'd be nice to see DMC go for something like Resident Evil Revelations. Even the Sparda stories if possible.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I do think that with everything they seem to be throwing at DMC5, if it isn't successful then it really might be the final nail in the coffin for the DMC franchise. Here's hoping it can meet what people want after all these years.

Hmm...a Sparda game huh? I'm not so sure about that. If prequels to films, books and video games have taught me anything, it's that when you have this really awesome event take place in the backstory of your world and so much rides on it narratively, it can be very difficult to deliver the amount of awesomeness that was implied and thus sometimes things are better left to the audience's imagination.

DarkSlayerVergil

Honestly I'm looking at DMCV in relation to fan reception in the same vein as Dragonball Super. What I mean by this is that DMCV much like Super mostly due to it coming at a time where their was a "drought" in terms of canon sequals leaving fans starved to the point they'd settle for anything as long as it's something to quench their thirst(no matter how mediocre it would of been). Also both franchise has had a point in the series where most fans would probably want to ignore comepletely, DBGT and DmC(go figure I like both). I will say that I absolutely abhor DBS unlike DMCV and believe DBS is what we would of gotten with DMC if Itsuno didn't think to change things up like he did.

Aisen66

there was some talk in the shade that it would be the last game but it would be greatness if they could continue dmc3 with their characters the same age and same look

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
don't know what would happen next, but reading @Aisen66 comment, a direct sequel of 3 is appealing, lots of thing could happened at that timeline --considering DmC might have been abandoned

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
there was some talk in the shade that it would be the last game but it would be greatness if they could continue dmc3 with their characters the same age and same look

Here's a compromise, DMC5 will be the last game where Dante and possibly Vergil appear in a playable role. future games will have them only appear in cutscenes, with Nero remaining playable.

DarkSlayerVergil

Here's a compromise, DMC5 will be the last game where Dante and possibly Vergil appear in a playable role. future games will have them only appear in cutscenes, with Nero remaining playable.
As much as I would love that I don't think fans would let that happen if I'm being honest especially since many people are saying that they still want more Dante and less Nero and co. Honestly I don't get the never ending hard on people have for Dante if I'm being honest but who am I to judge? Vergil will always be the true hier to Sparda name.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
As much as I would love that I don't think fans would let that happen if I'm being honest especially since many people are saying that they still want more Dante and less Nero and co. Honestly I don't get the never ending hard on people have for Dante if I'm being honest but who am I to judge? Vergil will always be the true hier to Sparda name.

not quite right, i think fans will be okay if the twins are off the picture, the whole objection was primarily caused by DMC 4 and how capcom wrote the stories in whole DMCs.

for some fans vergil was unclear, and back in 4 he was given only flashback and no real missions. also with 4, dante was also unclear as to what happens to him next, and how was almost like a cameo --addep up with the long wait and uncertainties..

i'm sure given the right conclusions to the saga of the twins, fans would gladly accept if they should end and start the new generation..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im open to having a bunch of crossover games with other capcom properties. Capcom has a bunch of properties like Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers etc that everybody wants to see more of. Since we have a cast of devil hunters and the series has a case of tge week structure, that can be used to facilitate a crossover.

For example, Mike haggar hires Dante to hunt down some demons etc.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Honestly I'm looking at DMCV in relation to fan reception in the same vein as Dragonball Super. What I mean by this is that DMCV much like Super mostly due to it coming at a time where their was a "drought" in terms of canon sequals leaving fans starved to the point they'd settle for anything as long as it's something to quench their thirst(no matter how mediocre it would of been). Also both franchise has had a point in the series where most fans would probably want to ignore comepletely, DBGT and DmC(go figure I like both). I will say that I absolutely abhor DBS unlike DMCV and believe DBS is what we would of gotten with DMC if Itsuno didn't think to change things up like he did.
Except, DBS was rushed into production and was written by bonobos or something(The ending of Future Trunks Arc and Vegito Retcon is just downright shark jumping garbage).

DMC 5 is made by itsuno and he says that this is the best game he ever made. Even if DMC5 is just DMC4 but better, its still more than enough to be a great game. DMC4 only lacked 2 things, level design(horrible dice game, dante's campaign being literally the same as Nero's but backwards and recycled bosses) and story which was pretty goddamn lame, it consisted of 90% Nero yelling "kyrie" and some stupid cult that got its hand on sparda sword because dante is reckless.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm unsure about dwelving into the time period between 3 and 1. Just feels like we are better off moving forward than going backwards, especially we know how it all turns out.

But I'm ok with exploring that era outside of gaming. If we ever do anything live-action that feels like the best era to use.

Top Bottom