• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Found a site bug? Please let us know!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey gang,

Title says it all, really. If you happen upon something that doesn't look quite right with the site or site's template or whatever, please post that info here so that we can look into it.

Current issues that are on the to-fix list:

• */community/* does not redirect to */forums/*
  • HTTPS is not forced on forum pages
  • Opening an unread thread in a new tab when browsing with Chrome for mobile will force the view to the very bottom of the page
Really appreciate any and all deets. Cheers!

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
when typing a message, especially when erasing the text letter by letter, the cursor tend to move to the beginning of the text.. this is in mobile, and it's happening now.. i found a solution tho, which is by clicking the gear symbol on the tools menu

Dark Drakan

Admin
When adding links to text via mobile it removes the text quite often, ive had to start using BB Code editor view to do it instead.

Also the donate button no longer works and redirects to homepage.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey gang,

Title says it all, really. If you happen upon something that doesn't look quite right with the site or site's template or whatever, please post that info here so that we can look into it.

Current issues that are on the to-fix list:

• */community/* does not redirect to */forums/*
  • HTTPS is not forced on forum pages
  • Opening an unread thread in a new tab when browsing with Chrome for mobile will force the view to the very bottom of the page
Really appreciate any and all deets. Cheers!
Here's a link to show you how it's done: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456 It's for 1.5, but suprisingly, the redirects work on the new 2.0.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That new tab thing I mentioned is still happening. Will try on computer later but it's still uber annoying

absolitude

some mobile problems again..

1. can't reply on threads, there is no textbox to type on.. only a post reply button

2. can't reply on member's status update, same issue with no.1..

Dark Drakan

Admin
some mobile problems again..

1. can't reply on threads, there is no textbox to type on.. only a post reply button

2. can't reply on member's status update, same issue with no.1..

Are you using a bookmarked page? Could be that you aren’t on the https URL for the site (https://devilmaycry.org/forums/) as I had issue number 2 also but has since been working when I changed my bookmark.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
This is a really minor thing that I've been able to fix by refreshing the page until it works, but sometimes long quotes won't give the "click to expand" option. I mean, it's not a big deal, but I thought I should say something in case it's a sign of something and not just my browser.

Also, thank you for this thread!

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
ahhh, that might just be it, i'll try it later.. it's not bookmarked, but the browser keeps it as shortcut.. i'll inform here when this clears the problem
Not only that. Clear your browser cache, and DNS cache.

Most of the time it has more to do with how the browser recognize the server.

If you're on a Windows computer, go to command prompt and type in: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes, of course).

absolitude

Not only that. Clear your browser cache, and DNS cache.

Most of the time it has more to do with how the browser recognize the server.

If you're on a Windows computer, go to command prompt and type in: "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes, of course).

what? is this template problematic? so do i need to that once or continuous if it happens again?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
what? is this template problematic? so do i need to that once or continuous if it happens again?
No. Browsers act like this all the time. If you don't clear your cache frequently, the browser thinks you're on the old site.

Think about your computer or laptop as if it is a database of files. Your job is to clean your computer frequently to make sure it - it's updated, cleaned, sanitized of old files.

Let me put it this way, when's the last time you checked your file cabinet, to get rid of papers that you've never used recently? THAT's how important this is.

Top Bottom