• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Flaming, off topic & trolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

It has happened a little too often recently on every forum section. I believe It isn't just me noticing such noise around. There should be some sort of restrictions, punishments - whatever they're called. The friendly atmosphere residing is very warm, so why don't keep It that way, folks.

There's no need to mention names of who caused most of the trouble, as those who know, can show themselves.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
They did a similar post about a month ago, but the problem still persists, its getting annoying, and its getting worse

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
This has been covered over and over again yet you are all still completely unwilling to stop. Either you're the one who baits people into arguing or you're the one who argues back. But you are all responsible for the sudden downhill turn this site has taken recently and there are VERY few who can claim innocence in this matter.

And then some of you come and complain to us (staff) about flaming/trolling when actually you are the ones who started it off. Then when a staff member does intervene, those who have participated in the whole sorry mess run off until a few pages later then swoop in with some sort of bizarre moral highground as if you are exonerated. Only two people since this all began have had the balls to apologise publicly and I repped them accordingly...but the point is, you all have to grow up a bit and stop pushing blame around or acting as though you are nothing to do with the problem.

Yes, it's hard to stay fully on-topic all the time and we expect a little digression now and then - but when it's five pages of randomness including arguing, name-calling and asking for threads to be locked then we have to wonder what the hell is going through your minds?

Learn to pick your battles - and learn to use the PM function. If you can't discuss things maturely then click the little "ignore" button and be done with it. The staff are available to discuss anything serious you may have concerning another member and it will always be in the strictest confidence. Plus, although some of you may think so and so is the worst perpetrator - let me assure you that there are a number of members here who have been noted as the instigators and already are part of numerous staff discussions concerning their behaviour.

One final note - please stop using the report post function as a way of "fixing" personal vendettas. That function is specifically for major rule breaking and serious issues - not "he called me fat" type of stuff. Use it for situations which require outside intervention - not for petty squabbles.

I am more than happy to discuss things at length with anyone who isn't happy/unsure/confused - just fire me a PM. This goes for the rest of the staff too - we're here to help but please remember we aren't a babysitting service ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom