• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

{First Post ^_^} what did you notice in the new trailer?

Nelo_Vergil

Having seen the trailer a few times now, I freggin love it:w00t:, there was a few things i noticed which i didn't notice the first few times, because I was so excited and disturb by a flying nude dante.

-dante did not rob some random coat off a ferris wheel you can actually see it hanging behind him at 0:25
-the things on his back ARE scars :| of course everyone might of knew that but you can see one heal completely if you check the scars on the left when they glow.
-thers a point when the camera zooms in on dantes eyes as he says "picked a bad day for a hangover" seems their light green or blue :/ with just a slight bit of red
-something i discovered just recently was the huge demon, boss or mini boss, seems to be using a whip to pull dantes trailer towards him!!!! this could mean a number a things all of which im to lazy to write atm
-another thing i noticed was the combos with the sword seem to have improved greatly since last time we saw it thats always nice
-also seems like, and something i've thought about for awhile. people cant see demons when their in limbo nor can they see dante. but whatever dante does in limbo directly impacts the human world, this was seen as far back as the TGS reveal trailer.
-dantes stinger-million stab combo looks alot more realistic. instead of dante somehow sliding to impale someone see 1:32 the actual move starts at 1:35 but its hard to see.
-1:37 nice combo
thats all i noticed i would normally download the video to my ps3 at 1080p and watch it in slow-mo my internet is beastly slow and my ps3 cant pick it up. also seems i dont know how to get rid of this damn size so i apologize for the huge letters lol.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is an erraser icon on the top cornet of the dialougue box. Highlight the desired text and push the erraser to remove all added effects and return it to normal.

Nelo_Vergil

thanks should be useful to know going forward. hope more people pay closer attention to the video theres some nice stuff here and there.

anywho about the boss\mini-boss with the whip. i suspect if hes the very first fight of the game it'll be somewhat of a tutorial like dante in dmc4. But more importantly it could mean the return of devil arms obtained from the souls of demons; or something more along the line of taking a bosses signature weapon and then said weapon becomes part of rebellion. Theres actually quite a few possiblities until its fleshed out.

also berto have you seen the captive gameplay? seems like they'll be some 4 or 3 different types of frodder enemies one having a sword and shield.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, I've seen it. So far the only demon shown was the one at the harvor, everything else seems o be a droid of some sort. I'm not sure how I feel about an enemy youcan disarm by just remembering to use graple but it get more complicated than that on the higher difficulties I won't be too upset.

Dante47

The demon with the grappling hook could mean that weapons and abilities can still be unlocked after defeating a boss battle. It does look strikingly similar to the one Dante has.

Nelo_Vergil

hopefully these shield and sword demons aren't suppose to replace the, and correct me if i'm wrong with the name, champions or nightmares i think it was in dmc4. those things were bada$$ all they needed was royal guard like counter. But yeah hopefully it does get more complicated.

From the jest of it however seems like NT know what their doing in terms of frodder enemies.

slightly on topic: the whip demon is one huge mo fo he derailed a ferris wheel.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
nice pick up on the grappling hook, i had said the same thing in my theory on the theory thread. i'm guessing when we defeat this boss we will obtain the grappling hook just like past dmcs. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
The demon with the grappling hook could mean that weapons and abilities can still be unlocked after defeating a boss battle. It does look strikingly similar to the one Dante has.
That's true, it could be. It has been mentioned before, don't remember by who but it's been sudgested.

Nelo_Vergil

its the same one dante has only...... its the same maybe its just the lighting but it looks darker other then that it looks alot like dantes whip grappling hook thing. maybe rebellion has the same sort of ability that devil bringer had. It would absorb a weapon or soul and manifest slightly differently. Im sure it could be worded better but thats what i got off the top of my head.

Nelo_Vergil

thanks for the welcome ^_^. But most of the things were seeing now i suspect have been around for as long as the reveal trailer.

one thing i though would be GREAT to mention, which i forgot to mention awhile ago but noticed in the captive demo. It seems that little part in the gamescom trailer where dante iimpaled an enemy to the wall could be done in game. How i found out was at some point during part2 of the captive demo there seems to be a bit of white outline on, what i think is, malice. now i haven't restudied this but i could've sworn it was the outline of the demons dante was fighting which could mean he can impale enemies to walls or perform finishers via the enviroment

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
thanks for the welcome ^_^. But most of the things were seeing now i suspect have been around for as long as the reveal trailer.

one thing i though would be GREAT to mention, which i forgot to mention awhile ago but noticed in the captive demo. It seems that little part in the gamescom trailer where dante iimpaled an enemy to the wall could be done in game. How i found out was at some point during part2 of the captive demo there seems to be a bit of white outline on, what i think is, malice. now i haven't restudied this but i could've sworn it was the outline of the demons dante was fighting which could mean he can impale enemies to walls or perform finishers via the enviroment

Try not to double post.^_^

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

hmmm...neat, could you specify a certain time in the video? i would like to study this as well. :)

Nelo_Vergil

sorry for the double post deleted it asap. anywho sorry choco i would have to review it myself though i know its in part 2 pf the captive demo when dante is fighting those shield and sword wielding demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think you might be one to something as Dante could still gain new moves or new weapons from fallen enemies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
sorry for the double post deleted it asap. anywho sorry choco i would have to review it myself though i know its in part 2 pf the captive demo when dante is fighting those shield and sword wielding demons.
ah no problem if you find a specific time just post it and let me know, i'm gonna review it and see if i can see it myself. :)

Nelo_Vergil

lol in order ill let you know how it goes. so far this slow mo internet is making me want to kill someone near impossible to get a 10min video at 360p

Top Bottom