• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

<<<<first Devil May Cry 4 Gameplay Footage!!!>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
machindix;6660 said:
Hey, the TGS trailer's up on the official website!! :lol:

I wonder who's voice-acting Dante this time. Perhaps my ears are playing tricks on me, but I thought he sounded a bit like Vergil in that teaser video. Or maybe it's just the echos...

Indeed, I suggest everyone watch it at the official site rather than IGN, Gamespot or anything else. The trailer at the website is much larger and higher quality (unless you're subscribed to any of the above though)

It seems Dante will have the same voice as in DMC3, while Nero is voiced by Johnny Bosch.

And just a sidenote, the singing woman in the trailer is the one behind the DMC4 theme we hear in the background of the website, obviously.
The voices are now not being disturbed by fans or other games, so you can perfectly make out the discussion between Nero and Dante.

Chrysander

EDIT: I just read elsewhere, from someone who got to play the DMC4 demo at TGS. Apparently, what is said is this:

Girl: Nero!

Nero: Jeannie? JEANNIE!!

Dante: You really think you're a match for me? Show me... let's play! A little fighting now and then does make life more interesting... don't you think?

Nero: Now I know... this arm was made for sending guys like you back to hell!

Dante: Return it to me, and I'll let you go.

Nero: Try this!

Girl: What did I tell you before... you are human. And it's you I want to be with. I don't know anyone else who's as human as you are.

Nero: From that day forth, my arm changed... and a voice echoed... Power... I need more Power!

-------------

Now I am assuming that these pieces of speech aren't all related and from the same part of the game, or at least not directly linked one after the other as they are displayed here. For a start, when Dante says "A little fighting now and then does make life more interesting... don't you think?" his lips aren't moving, so it can't be from the corresponding part of footage (with the blood).

So I am confused about what Dante is asking for. Surely it cannot be the arm, that doesn't make sense. On another forum, most people assume Dante is asking for the arm. But that seems very unlikely to me. More likely there is something else, I still say it is possible he is talking about the amulet. As Nero worships Sparda, and the amulet was part of Sparda's seal, so it would make sense that Nero would try to get one of them. Maybe as a human, when he took the amulet, it cursed his arm or something, I dunno.

machindix

Chrysander;6666 said:
So I am confused about what Dante is asking for. Surely it cannot be the arm, that doesn't make sense. On another forum, most people assume Dante is asking for the arm. But that seems very unlikely to me. More likely there is something else, I still say it is possible he is talking about the amulet. As Nero worships Sparda, and the amulet was part of Sparda's seal, so it would make sense that Nero would try to get one of them. Maybe as a human, when he took the amulet, it cursed his arm or something, I dunno.

Sounds reasonable. I was thinking that if Nero somehow managed to get his hands on Vergil's side of the amulet, then this would explain the whole "I want more power" thing. But I thought Trish had both amulets along with the Sparda sword. Was that in the official storyline? Or did we assume that simpley because we saw her wielding it in DMC2? I'm confused...@_@

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Chrysander;6666 said:
EDIT: I just read elsewhere, from someone who got to play the DMC4 demo at TGS. Apparently, what is said is this:

Girl: Nero!

Nero: Jeannie? JEANNIE!!

Dante: You really think you're a match for me? Show me... let's play! A little fighting now and then does make life more interesting... don't you think?

Nero: Now I know... this arm was made for sending guys like you back to hell!

Dante: Return it to me, and I'll let you go.

Nero: Try this!

Girl: What did I tell you before... you are human. And it's you I want to be with. I don't know anyone else who's as human as you are.

Nero: From that day forth, my arm changed... and a voice echoed... Power... I need more Power!

-------------

Now I am assuming that these pieces of speech aren't all related and from the same part of the game, or at least not directly linked one after the other as they are displayed here. For a start, when Dante says "A little fighting now and then does make life more interesting... don't you think?" his lips aren't moving, so it can't be from the corresponding part of footage (with the blood).

good speech for long Credits......................but a cursed harm would be awsome :)

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Okay, a couple of things real quick. First of all, can someone please post a link to that TGS site where the trailer is? I can't find it... Secondly, what was the big surprise they were going to announce at TGS about DMC4? Or did they already announce it and it's something we already knew? Or has it not been announce yet? I dont know!

Chrysander

jigsaw_541;6698 said:
Okay, a couple of things real quick. First of all, can someone please post a link to that TGS site where the trailer is? I can't find it... Secondly, what was the big surprise they were going to announce at TGS about DMC4? Or did they already announce it and it's something we already knew? Or has it not been announce yet? I dont know!

There is a direct feed version on IGN of the trailer:
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/vids_1.html

But I don't know of the announcement. Who knows man, perhaps it was just the devil arm, or Nero... pffffff. Maybe it is still to come?

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
I really hope it is still to come-because they said it would be announced at TGS, and last time I checked, both the devil arm and Nero were known about a little while before TGS...so yea.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Thanks, I was a little mad about the white lines around it at first but now it doesnt bother me too much-that and it took me too long to re-do it.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
jigsaw_541;6917 said:
Thanks, I was a little mad about the white lines around it at first but now it doesnt bother me too much-that and it took me too long to re-do it.

hhhmmm...................Y Jigsaw???
if u want to tell :(

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
You mean why use the name Jigsaw? Well, I was trying to think of a new address for my e-mail account, and the "SAW" movies are pretty much my favourite horror movie franchise...So yea-and the characters in those movies, Jigsaw, I see to be very cool. I guess I just really like that name too, it sounds great for an alias name. It was either that or a name I would use for video game since I was a kid, Orion....so I went with Jigsaw.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
jigsaw_541;7099 said:
You mean why use the name Jigsaw? Well, I was trying to think of a new address for my e-mail account, and the "SAW" movies are pretty much my favourite horror movie franchise...So yea-and the characters in those movies, Jigsaw, I see to be very cool. I guess I just really like that name too, it sounds great for an alias name. It was either that or a name I would use for video game since I was a kid, Orion....so I went with Jigsaw.

awsome, i used my nick coz i dont want to put my usual nick again..................so i thought about "Legendary Darknight"......so to have a cool nick, i put d4rkn1ght....its a dark letters but i am a kind and nice guy......................and i like my nick :)

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
jigsaw_541;7150 said:
DAMNIT! I was hoping it was something super cool that no one had any idea about...oh well.

me too...................the life is full of suprises................even dont know what is behind of the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom