• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

<<<<first Devil May Cry 4 Gameplay Footage!!!>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Lucy

It is truly insane.

For those of you who doubted Nero.. . how FOOLISH you shall feel once you see this!

I'm in the process of uploading the video now in because the link I have is dead as a doorknob.

just things to think about:

MOVES:
-Nero fights like a "wilder" Dante. His sword slashes are very "all-over-the-place"
-he can "float" in the air by rapidly shooting (so you can stop worrying)
-his rate of fire is speedy
-he has sick air combos (in one part he shoots, air slashes, devil arm, air slashes)
-like Dante he can knock the enemy into the air and follow with an air combo.

DEVIL ARM:
-looks like a big burst of outward energy. Think "stinger+fireball"
-it can GRAB the enemies and pull them in (in one part Nero jumped in the air, threw out his devil arm and flung the enemy into a barrage of sword slashes for an air combo)

SCENERY:
-my GOODNESS . .imagine . .the best industrial/modern elements of DMC2 and DMC3, mixed with the old gothic style of DMC1. Stained glass, stariwells, stone statues .. a visual orgasm

ENEMIES:
-the puppets are back!
-footage of the "FIRE BOSS" is shown . .it stands on two legs AND walks on all four. it's completely engulfed in flames and is shown destroying a nearby building while Nero is jumping all over the place like a maniac

oh dear. . i cant wait for more footage. . MORE MORE MORE

Chrysander

Thanks for posting this! I am sure lots of vids will surface over the next few days. Pow pow pow pow

Chrysander

Looks pretty cool to me, can't tell too much from it, but it looks like how they've been saying; that they've taken DMC3 and gone from there. The way Nero is attacking, he looks like he does kind of the same sort of style / things as Dante, so perhaps Dante really is going to take a back seat? Looks great

EDIT: Also, look at the display piece above the screen. It just has Nero and 'Devil May Cry 4', no picture of Dante there.

Crimson Lucy

I doubt Dante will be playable at TGS it is a demo after all.

I just want to see more. .in higher quality .. with sound .. and longer!!

and I need to see some storyline characters. WHERE TRISH!!!??

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Yea, well pretty much I just want to see at least like a 2 minute long gameplay video-that would be AWESOME!

Crimson Lucy

We better get a hell of a lot more than 2 minutes. We got about 7 or 8 minutes of DMC3 footage at the 03 TGS. This game is almost a year away we need SOMETHING to hold us over.

And that means I need a playable demo by late spring/ early summer of next year.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Good point about the 7-8 minutes there...but I dont know just how much they will want to show without giving any possible plotline surprises away.

Crimson Lucy

lol .. its a demo. they wouldnt put anything in it that they were afraid that might leak, there are cameras everywhere.

I expect for gametrailers to post at least MOST of the demo, as they did with DMC3.

I'd just DIE if it was footage of the entire playthrough.

*crosses fingers*

Chrysander

If cameras are allowed, I imagine there will be a tonne of unofficial videos all over the place. If cameras aren't allowed, there still might be a handful of videos which people manage to get anyway, along with the official video(s). As far as I know, at TGS it will be a playable demo, so you'd think there would be a variety of things that Capcom want to show everybody.

Crimson Lucy

i agree.

now on to some last minute speculation.

what do you think will become of the style system? I'm almost certian DMC4 will retain the level up RPG elements of the last 3 games but what about a style system?

personally i can stand to see it go, and now that Nero is taking dants place there might be emphasis on other elements rather than that. as long as the moves are all there im fine. perhaps have Nero get a brand new system and the unlockable Dante has all of his DMC3 styles. Could you imagine having the same options of trickster and royal guard at ONCE or something of that nature?

JEEZ

also .. I REALLY need this to have in SOME shape of form a 2 player mode. Death match would be ever sweeter OR even a 2 plays beat-em up streets of rage style thing

ugh . .Capcom better not let me down

Chrysander

Yeah I had been considering that the 'secret announcement' was going to be a 2 player mode or something along those lines. Ahrr. As for the styles, I don't know, I think they might stick with something similar or go for something new. Perhaps the weapons will be more varied so that they each have their own special abilities / style, so the styles and weapons would overlap, you pick a weapon and get its corresponding style... MM! They had better keep with the upgrading system from DMC3, that was really great, I'd like it to go even further with more things to buy and upgrade, and more specific upgrades to weapons rather than just 'level 2, level 3' etc maybe buy particular abilities for each gun as well, they may do that?

Crimson Lucy

I bet you can upgrade Nero's devil arm

in a perfect world Nero is going to have something fun and fresh, and Dance keeps his original DMC3 styles.

am i asking for too much to have Trish and Vergil playable?

like . .if DMC4 made if possible for you to complete the game with multiple characters with DIFFERENT styles of play would that NOT be the ultimate in replay value? people would play that game for years.

I'm tired of 12 different costumes.

Chrysander

Yahr, costumes aren't a real bonus to me. Like in RE:4, I wanted Hunk, Wesker and Krauser to be playable through the game. Would've kicked ass and had me play the game through probably 4x more.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
a 2 player DMC!?!?!?! That would make me so damn happy. Could you imagine? Vergil and Dante kicking ass together-and, if it were a beat em' up style like Lucy said earlier (and yes, streets of rage style would kick ass) then I would be speechless! That and they better have Vergil as a playable character.

Crimson Lucy

it actually is a hack to play with the Merc. characters in RE4 . .

but Mercs is just as fun .. so er..

at least they are playable. or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom