• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally : DMC5 Comfermed

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Hello Everyone

Read this first "DMC5"

I hope they don't spoil it with their "Western touch":mad:

I want a Great EPIC combat and story like DMC3 , and of course i want to see Vergil in this one and less Nero.

I want it to be a "sparda" story

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Something like this was posted in General Discussion

Come on TGS!!!!
I so want to be proved right this time.

What is different in the 'Western touch' compared to an eastern made game anyway?

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I don't know but i don't feel it's a good thing for DMC.

hope it's not cinematic action gameplay like GOD OF WAR , cuz that's what western guys like i think.

nini dot exe

In my opinion, western touch means more action, less story and less substance. :/ Which, yes, would be terrible for DMC.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
:O YES! NINJA THEORY! now if only it'd come out on my bday...

^btw im western and i kinda hate games wit next to no story...(guilty gear is the ONLY exception

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
nini dot exe;270288 said:
In my opinion, western touch means more action, less story and less substance. :/ Which, yes, would be terrible for DMC.

Whoa, hold up, what? Devil May Cry had a story? Much less, substance? And here I thought it was just a mindless, action oriented killing fest already.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well, I don't know Ninja Theory very well but...I hope they add a new sense of flair to the game. Guess we gotta wait and see when it will be released!

nini dot exe

Angelo Credo;270296 said:
Whoa, hold up, what? Devil May Cry had a story? Much less, substance? And here I thought it was just a mindless, action oriented killing fest already.

1. That's why game one forever remains my favourite. It had balance, if you ask me.

2. It's whatever you get out of it. Obviously, you don't care to look into it. The fact that there a tons of threads out there solely debating whether Nero is Vergil's son or not should say enough about a storyline you missed. Good job.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thats it.. that is now what the series is now focused on, isn't it... Nero and Vergil.
The series will never get past this whole thing.

nini dot exe

Vergil'sB*tch;270305 said:
Thats it.. that is now what the series is now focused on, isn't it... Nero and Vergil.
The series will never get past this whole thing.

o.o; It was just an example...
Another example would be how will Vergil come back, if at all?
And I think it's more along the lines of "VERGIL NEEDS TO COME BACK" rather than focusing on Nero. Y'know?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero needs to come back. I don't care who doesn't like it, he needs to come back. To just drop Nero after introducing him will wreck Capcom's DMC franchise.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Nini: sorry if it came across... like this > :mad: i didn't mean to, its a sore subject.
I never understood the story to GoW. I all know is that Kratos is an agry bloke.

if its westernized, chances are, it'll be rated 18 and there will be more boobs as well.

Nero could come back and dance a merry jig, wouldn't make an iota of difference to me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I just read the article and all I can say is this...

*Darth Vader voice*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Goddammit...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
nini dot exe;270303 said:
2. It's whatever you get out of it. Obviously, you don't care to look into it. The fact that there a tons of threads out there solely debating whether Nero is Vergil's son or not should say enough about a storyline you missed. Good job.

Meh, while I like the series, DMC has a storyline with the depth of a tea-spoon and is about as clichéd as all hell get out, believe me, I've been engaged in enough of the Nero is Vergil's son debates that if I ever seen that comparison crop up again, I might just kill someone.

Primarily because I believe the theory to be the biggest cop-out answer that Capcom could possibly go for and would be the final nail in the "story" of DMC.
But that's a discussion for another thread.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A.$h!nati;270279 said:
Hello Everyone

Read this first "DMC5"

I hope they don't spoil it with their "Western touch":mad:

I want a Great EPIC combat and story like DMC3 , and of course i want to see Vergil in this one and less Nero.

I want it to be a "sparda" story

At least there is confirmation that DMC5 is in development, and hopefully Devil May Cry 5 will be much better game than before. Thanks for the news. :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All I am going to say is, I reckon Devil May Cry 5 will not succeed in being a well received game.

Capcom are saying "Hey, we want to give all the fans what they want"... Okay, right. So basically, they are going to include Nero in it. But at the same time, kill Nero. They are going to bring Vergil back. But at the same time, they aren't going to include him in the game at all. And they are going to try and focus on the structure of the story. Whilst at the same time, forget all about it. Honestly, that is the worst thing you can ever say about your well loved franchise. "I'm going to give fans what they want". That's like saying "I want to make this the greatest thing ever, but I'm going to seriously screw it up". As soon as Capcom stated that, they may as well of dug their grave as well. They haven't got a single hope in all of Hell to achieve that, and make every fan happy. Nobody is going to say the game was everything they wanted, because they can't do it. They can't give us all what we want, so the game will get a 50% rating. Making it the worst one of all time.

Simply due to the fact that in every other game, they put heart into it. They put a story there. They put the characters there. They put excellent game-play there. And they never ever said they were going to make it epic, it just made it happen itself. Now they are setting themselves goals and standards, that we never said we wanted them to do in the first place.

It saddens me to know that the game will be loved and hated equally. It's such an awful shame, when it was a great series.

There was a good story from the start. There was a mysterious element to it, that was new and fun. You all know how the story goes. Now the story is "Who is Nero?", and "What happened to Vergil". Um, hello, what happened to Dante more like? All fans are talking about are Nero and Vergil, as if Dante has had his day. When he was the main reason I started to play the Devil May Cry games anyway. If they want to give fans what they want, they may as well kill Dante off. Keep him dead forever, and bring his twin brother Vergil back. Keep going on about Nero's past until we get the big picture, and then pull the plug on it all by wrapping it all up in a big final game that potentially doesn't go anywhere, achieves nothing, and explains nothing to us.

/Rant over.

Meg

^ Sad as it is I agree with 100% of what you said. I'm equally anticipating as I am dreading DMC5. When need solid info to help us understand what this game is really going to be about.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
LordOfDarkness;270337 said:
All I am going to say is, I reckon Devil May Cry 5 will not succeed in being a well received game.

Capcom are saying "Hey, we want to give all the fans what they want"... Okay, right. So basically, they are going to include Nero in it. But at the same time, kill Nero. They are going to bring Vergil back. But at the same time, they aren't going to include him in the game at all. And they are going to try and focus on the structure of the story. Whilst at the same time, forget all about it. Honestly, that is the worst thing you can ever say about your well loved franchise. "I'm going to give fans what they want". That's like saying "I want to make this the greatest thing ever, but I'm going to seriously screw it up". As soon as Capcom stated that, they may as well of dug their grave as well. They haven't got a single hope in all of Hell to achieve that, and make every fan happy. Nobody is going to say the game was everything they wanted, because they can't do it. They can't give us all what we want, so the game will get a 50% rating. Making it the worst one of all time.

Simply due to the fact that in every other game, they put heart into it. They put a story there. They put the characters there. They put excellent game-play there. And they never ever said they were going to make it epic, it just made it happen itself. Now they are setting themselves goals and standards, that we never said we wanted them to do in the first place.

It saddens me to know that the game will be loved and hated equally. It's such an awful shame, when it was a great series.

There was a good story from the start. There was a mysterious element to it, that was new and fun. You all know how the story goes. Now the story is "Who is Nero?", and "What happened to Vergil". Um, hello, what happened to Dante more like? All fans are talking about are Nero and Vergil, as if Dante has had his day. When he was the main reason I started to play the Devil May Cry games anyway. If they want to give fans what they want, they may as well kill Dante off. Keep him dead forever, and bring his twin brother Vergil back. Keep going on about Nero's past until we get the big picture, and then pull the plug on it all by wrapping it all up in a big final game that potentially doesn't go anywhere, achieves nothing, and explains nothing to us.

/Rant over.

I agree with you.
1000000% percent

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
When Resident Evil went "western" it became Gears of War
When Metal Gear Solid went "western" it became G.R.A.W

They are probably going to screw with the camera, screw with the controls and screw with the structure of how the whole thing is played. I am going to sink my expectation to rock bottom so anything positive that comes out of DMC5 will be a nice surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom