• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy X is a remake for PS3 and PS Vita.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Final Fantasy X for PS3 and PS Vita will not be a HD Remaster, but a remake using Final Fantasy XIII engine. Here are some of the details:

- Using FFXIII engine
- Character designs, aeons, and stage elements will be developed from scratch using FFXIII engine.
- Magic and lighting effects will use Luminous Engine.
- Blitzball may undergo some changes.
- Online options maybe included.
- Release date in Japan will be on fiscal 2012.

Source: Google Traductor

Very excited about this, but if Square Enix can do this for FFX, they can do it too for FFVII. Square Enix, make a remake for it as well if you have the resources to remake FFX.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Hmm. I never would of thought they would have remade the whole thing. The reason why ps2 games are rendered into HD and not Ps1 games is the time. Its alot eaiser to upgrade. But this isnt even an upgrade. It seems like a new game. And i always thought FFX had the best turn based system. I wonder if they're gonna make it just like 13 and there will be no healing before battles. Great news but i'm a little skeptical about it.

aka958

Don't trust people
So, they can remake FFX and not VII? Surely VII is the game most FF fans would like to be remade?

Well I'm sure they are picking FFX due to it having alot more detailed models and stuff already.
It has the same kinda 3d environments so it's easier to remake than the cubetastic FFVII. :F

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
So, they can remake FFX and not VII? Surely VII is the game most FF fans would like to be remade?

They have barely anything to do to X....if they were to do VII they'd have to redo everything, create cutscenes, write scripts, AND voice acting. Plus they would probably update the battle system to something more akin to Crisis Core. That's assuming, of course, they don't have VII completed and are holding it for when they REALLY financially need it

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
YAAAAYYY I luv FFX :D I cant wait!!!!! I hope they keep the oringinal voice cast.....the HA HA HA HA scene wouldnt b the same with different voice actors >.>

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I always wanted to try out FFX so I might buy this.
But I do agree that they should remake FFVII if they can remake this one.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I always wanted to try out FFX so I might buy this.
But I do agree that they should remake FFVII if they can remake this one.

The fact that so many people want a FFVII remake is why they wont make one any time soon. They know that if they cock it up then people will completely lose faith in them and they know that out of the percentage of FF fans VII was the majorities favourite game. They have said this many times and i didnt even get into FF properly until FFIX but ive heard many many good things about FFVII but by the time i could have tried it out I was a little late to the party. So id love a remake that matches how good the original was meant to be so i can experience it fully. Only 2 i really enjoyed were IX and X but i didnt play VII and VIII and didnt enjoy XII at all and sold it and havent played a FF game since as they just seemed to go downhill.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
IV, V, VI, VIII, X, and X-2 are my favorite FFs. Note how I did not mention VII. I didn't really like it all that much.

EDIT: WOW, I totally forgot to say something on-topic.

OT: I definitely am looking forward to this remake. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Favorites are all FF's for different reasons. Exclude FFIV because it just outright sucked imo.

Final Fantasy X is one of my favorites for many reasons. Being the first FF I completed, the FF I grew with the most, and the FF with one of the most memorable soundtracks. Also got a great story which really made it engrossing to play through for the third time (when I understood english) even though I just repeated the same areas over and over.

I hope they'll biff up the areas some as well, and maybe making the battle system a little smoother with the new engine.

aka958

Don't trust people
Final Fantasy X has to this day one of the greatest intro sequences ive ever seen in a game (not just graphically).

Agrees.
It was stunning when I was a kid and played it for the first time. Even though I had to play that intro over about 5 - 8 times before actually starting a playthrough. <.<

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I first saw FFX at a EB games running a trailer. And it was the part when sin first arrives and Titus is hanging on the side of the cliff/road by one hand, and i thought that was the most realistic looking video game out right now. i hope they dont change anything but the updated graphics and added trophies. Maybe touch up on the sound a little bit too just to make it as clean as possible. Im loving all these ps2 HD projects. I've played all but GoW *cant stand GoW*

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
IV, V, VI, VIII, X, and X-2 are my favorite FFs. Note how I did not mention VII. I didn't really like it all that much.

EDIT: WOW, I totally forgot to say something on-topic.

OT: I definitely am looking forward to this remake. ^_^

THANK! YOU! ps. u actually liked X-2? guess there IS a first for everything...
Favorites are all FF's for different reasons. Exclude FFIV because it just outright sucked imo.

Final Fantasy X is one of my favorites for many reasons. Being the first FF I completed, the FF I grew with the most, and the FF with one of the most memorable soundtracks. Also got a great story which really made it engrossing to play through for the third time (when I understood english) even though I just repeated the same areas over and over.

I hope they'll biff up the areas some as well, and maybe making the battle system a little smoother with the new engine.

I'M NOT ALONE?!? Praise be to Yev- ohhh right... >.<
Final Fantasy X has to this day one of the greatest intro sequences ive ever seen in a game (not just graphically).
still luv that "holy-****-what-the-hell-is-that?" look on Tidus' face :D

Top Bottom