• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy X is a remake for PS3 and PS Vita.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
A remake of X would be amazing IMO. But I don't really care if a remake of VII ever comes out, I honestly feel like VII is overrated, good game but overrated. *bracing for the beatdown* I'd really like to see a remake of VIII or IX honestly. Squall is awesome.

aka958

Don't trust people
A remake of X would be amazing IMO. But I don't really care if a remake of VII ever comes out, I honestly feel like VII is overrated, good game but overrated. *bracing for the beatdown* I'd really like to see a remake of VIII or IX honestly. Squall is awesome.

*beats down*

No, seriously, it's a tad bit overrated. But even I have to be honest, it's the only FF game that I think is solid in all categories. Not extremely great, but solid. From music, story, customisation system, characters, design, everything. Unlike other FF's where I had this little annoyances. Such as FFVIII's broken Junction system (having 4000 health and fighting against Seifer who deals like 50 damage in the end of disc 1? wtf?) and it's slow and always not so dangerous opponents. FFIX's slow battle system, it took a beat down imo, don't like waiting like 20 seconds before a character perform the action i assigned them to

I think FFVII deserves that huge praise still because of those reasons. There are people who praise other FF games that are more flawed in certain areas. FFVII keeps it all solid. :p

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
*beats down*

No, seriously, it's a tad bit overrated. But even I have to be honest, it's the only FF game that I think is solid in all categories. Not extremely great, but solid. From music, story, customisation system, characters, design, everything. Unlike other FF's where I had this little annoyances. Such as FFVIII's broken Junction system (having 4000 health and fighting against Seifer who deals like 50 damage in the end of disc 1? wtf?) and it's slow and always not so dangerous opponents. FFIX's slow battle system, it took a beat down imo, don't like waiting like 20 seconds before a character perform the action i assigned them to

I think FFVII deserves that huge praise still because of those reasons. There are people who praise other FF games that are more flawed in certain areas. FFVII keeps it all solid. :p
I can agree with those points, except story wise. Idk I just didn't care for VII's story too much, then again VIII's isn't much better lol out of all the FF's before X, IX is my favorite story wise. And it contained a vast number of characters that I actually liked. Unlike VII and VIII where I only really liked a few characters. Anyways all I was getting at was that VII is a good game but it isn't the "greatest RPG ever made" like a lot of people make it out to be. IMO anyway. That title goes to Xenogears :p

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I hoped to see FF VII remastered, that game even ispired me to write my Fanfic, and publish that on one site. Whole story taken me completetly, i loved characters, and been mad then I seen that infamous Aerith death scene. Really, i like FF VII

aka958

Don't trust people
I can agree with those points, except story wise. Idk I just didn't care for VII's story too much, then again VIII's isn't much better lol out of all the FF's before X, IX is my favorite story wise. And it contained a vast number of characters that I actually liked. Unlike VII and VIII where I only really liked a few characters. Anyways all I was getting at was that VII is a good game but it isn't the "greatest RPG ever made" like a lot of people make it out to be. IMO anyway. That title goes to Xenogears :p

Yeah, story is opinionated. I don't fancy many of the characters but I seriously LOVE it's story. It's also very well thought out, even if you like it or not. Which was the point I wanted to make.

Many people got hit on the right spot with everything about FFVII I guess. :p

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
NOW.....COMPLETE CGI REMAKE OF 4! NEW COMBAT, NEW EVERYTHING! seriously...they need to do that....make it like 13 except not sucky...or make it like Crisis Core!

Kammosjuttu

Wow, such things they are going to make. Too bad I didn't care much for FF X... I didn't even want it, but then someone bought it to me as a present and I felt obliged to play it through because of that. Well, it wasn't a bad game but it wasn't anything to hold my interest tightly.

But! If they made a PS3 version of Final Fantasy VII, I'd buy it day one. FF VII was my first FF game I ever played. At that time I didn't understand even a word of English, so I was very confused with it, but somehow I still enjoyed it. When I learned English, I played it again, and then it really dawned on me how good the game really is on the story side, too. I love FF VII the most, but I also like other FFs, too, like VIII, IX, XII and XIII. But X and especially X-2 (that I didn't even play to the end...) aren't on my favorite list. Yet, I can say there are good things about X and that it wasn't a waste of time to play it through. So after all my babbling, I can say that I probably will get the new version of FF X if/when they get it out.

aka958

Don't trust people
i've never played 10-2 but i dont see why they wouldnt add it on because of the amount of space on a bluray. i mean why waste memory?

I present to you:
Final Fantasy I Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition
Alot of room to have both games in one UMD on the PSP. But... :p

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Final Fantasy X for PS3 and PS Vita will not be a HD Remaster, but a remake using Final Fantasy XIII engine. Here are some of the details:

- Using FFXIII engine
- Character designs, aeons, and stage elements will be developed from scratch using FFXIII engine.
- Magic and lighting effects will use Luminous Engine.
- Blitzball may undergo some changes.
- Online options maybe included.
- Release date in Japan will be on fiscal 2012.

Source: Google Traductor

Very excited about this, but if Square Enix can do this for FFX, they can do it too for FFVII. Square Enix, make a remake for it as well if you have the resources to remake FFX.

Your kidding right?

aka958

Don't trust people

Except this translated site, what other sources do we have?

I've seen several who are extremely hyped over the FFX remake but they see it as nothing but an HD port, not known to this particular fact. Nor can I find anything saying the same as this source. :/

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^I agree....i'd like to know if this is a remake or a re-release...also i'd like to know about if this is the international version or not...ummm...let's see what other info do we need?...oh um info about X-2....online support...etc....these are NECESSITIES!

Top Bottom