• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy talk. Who doesn't love Vivi?!

Gorbashou

Yupp, first time I fought the Dark Aeons my ass got whopped.

Buuuut, with the power of getting super weapons combined with heavy grinding and guides, I pwnd them! =D

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man I want to play FFX SO bad now! I think I need to head to Game Stop!

I'm sorry for the double posting but I would like to keep this thread alive. Those who played FF13-2 what were your thoughts on it?

Gorbashou

I thought that it had incredibly good pacing, actually, you can compare to FFXIII which is the complete opposite.

However, even though the more side-questing and collect the stars on the stages kind of thing was kinda cool, the story felt like it was pulled out of nowhere.

Great gameplay systems, improved combat, quite cool but rather shallow leveling up system. Best part? I think many would agree, having a pokemon by your 2 main characters side, opening for huge customisation. That the pokemons would switch between 3 different set pokemons while you switch paradigms just makes it more fun.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Yupp, first time I fought the Dark Aeons my ass got whopped.

Buuuut, with the power of getting super weapons combined with heavy grinding and guides, I pwnd them! =D

Y'know, it's possible to defeat the dark aeons without the spheregrid, try that one on for size, oh and I managed to kill the first five without the ultima weapons or Zanmato, took ages though...

Gorbashou

Y'know, it's possible to defeat the dark aeons without the spheregrid, try that one on for size, oh and I managed to kill the first five without the ultima weapons or Zanmato, took ages though...

Yupp, I've seen a no sphere grid challenge beat them. The maths into getting a Zanmato is just, wow. <.<

Have you tried a no sphere grid challenge then? I did, and got stuck at the tank in Macalania one-hitting everyone and then insta-killing everyone. XD

Chimera Khaos

Yupp, I've seen a no sphere grid challenge beat them. The maths into getting a Zanmato is just, wow. <.<

Have you tried a no sphere grid challenge then? I did, and got stuck at the tank in Macalania one-hitting everyone and then insta-killing everyone. XD

Yes, yes I have, and I has been stuck many a times, but I has finished it, and let me tell you, I ain't doing that again any time soon, whew...

To use Zanmato though, you usually gotta pay him quite a bit of gil for that to work...

Gorbashou

Yes, yes I have, and I has been stuck many a times, but I has finished it, and let me tell you, I ain't doing that again any time soon, whew...

To use Zanmato though, you usually gotta pay him quite a bit of gil for that to work...

Niiiice, any tips for the tank? XD

Yeah, but there are walkthroughs on how to make Zanmato cheap and what numbers you can get it on depending on something, I don't remember what. :c

Chimera Khaos

I always throw in Lulu, Wakka and Rikku first, then alternate with Auron, Tidus and Wakka...

Meh, Zanmato can up itself...XD

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I like FF, and call myself a fan, though I haven't played every one of them. But I'm particular about them and some just don't grab me like the others. I loved FFX for example (despite the lack of world map freedom) but the sequel I found to be awful and just undid everything the first one set up. I wasn't able to get into FFXIII either and I have FFXII on the shelf but I've not fully completed it yet (battle system is... overly complex and the movement of your characters doesn't really seem to help so much. The only reason I could see for being able to move around freely in a battle is to give yourself a slight advantage with say, a long-range leader like Fran, luring the enemy attention so the others can attack it while you stay back. It seems to be pointless with bosses, though).

VII to X are my personal likes. I can put them on and just completely relax while playing them. (Probably because I know them so well I'm hardly ever in any danger of dying, lulz).

I thought Vivi was a good character, and a neat way of portraying the black mages as a sort of unfortunate, innocent, self-aware 'species' of their own in 9.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I FFXII
I thought Vivi was a good character, and a neat way of portraying the black mages as a sort of unfortunate, innocent, self-aware 'species' of their own in 9.

I remember seeing the early trailer for FF12 and thinking at the time ("the graphics are superb") than I never heard from it again. I'm guessing FF12 wasn't a big hit??

P.S. Vivi loves you too!

tumblr_lgsr4yvaqd1qalfag.jpg

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I was playing FFX last week and got the airship... I thought I might as well defeat the dark aeons, and now I realize without Yojimbo (who I can't afford yet) with nobody's powered up ultimate weapon yet, without Wakka's final limit break, etc. I am SO far from being able to do that. Nnnnnnngh

Gorbashou

I was playing FFX last week and got the airship... I thought I might as well defeat the dark aeons, and now I realize without Yojimbo (who I can't afford yet) with nobody's powered up ultimate weapon yet, without Wakka's final limit break, etc. I am SO far from being able to do that. Nnnnnnngh

Although I've grid-farmed and got really annoying ultimate weapons, I do not want to get Wakka's ultimate weapon. It's like, 1 or 2 more hits than Tidus's Blitz Ace, right?
Sure, it's a huge loss, I think Blitzball is fun to play. But one game just drains all the will to continue playing it, it's just not that funny. :c

Top Bottom