• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy Discussion

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Let's talk about Final Fantasy games here.Any talk,discussions,questions,images,wallpapers,and walkthroughs are welcomed here.:)

Let me start first.Final Fantasy XIII release date in Japan is late 2009,possibly between October to December,and there will be no North American release until 2010,possibly April.So FF fans... be patient.Here are the news.

http://playstation.about.com/b/2009...iii-2009-release-date-confirmed-for-japan.htm

Also,FFXIII will be available in two consoles,in PS3 and XBox360.

The last news is,Dissidia: Final Fantasy will be released in mid-year 2009,probably between May to July.This game is PSP exclusive.

Here is the news about Dissidia.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/dissidia-us-release-date-confirmed-as-mid-2009--89.html

There aren't any confirmed reasons why these two games will be released that late,like 4 or 6 months after the Japanese release date,but probably these two games have many contents that need to be translated to English,like dialogues,voice acting and so on.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
A fanboy would probably sh*t a chicken if he heard that FFXIII was coming out on PS3 AND Xbox 360. As much as I would rather play any Final Fantasy game on the PS3 instead of the 360, I don't have the money to buy a PS3. I feel this decision gives the fans of the series that are less financially blessed to keep playing the series they love.

aka958

Don't trust people
I love the Final Fantasy series. the best game series in my opinion. as my absolute fav is FFVIII and on second place comes FFVI. I would want a PSP for the game Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII and for the coming Dissidia. I don't have money for it though... and when i eventually get that much money i spend it for something else. I got midi files of most FF music on my Phone. I'm longing for the FFXIII to the Xbox360 but i heard from a friend that maybe the FFXIII could take longer to realease here in Sweden.

One thing though. in FFXII there are not the same beloved combat system in the game but instead something completly else. will FFXIII be the same? I would love it in an Turn Based RPG like all the other was and not to be a Real Time RPG or whatever FFXII was.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The Da3dra;163000 said:
A fanboy would probably sh*t a chicken if he heard that FFXIII was coming out on PS3 AND Xbox 360. As much as I would rather play any Final Fantasy game on the PS3 instead of the 360, I don't have the money to buy a PS3. I feel this decision gives the fans of the series that are less financially blessed to keep playing the series they love.

Fanboys/fangirls will be really mad at this decision.Square Enix is popular for games exclusivity (except maybe FFVIII,FFVII,and FFXI and other games).But by making the game available to various platforms,more consumers will buy the game and increase Square Enix's profit.So,for me this is a good decision,as making games in multi platform,so that other people are able to play it.

aka958;163021 said:
I love the Final Fantasy series. the best game series in my opinion. as my absolute fav is FFVIII and on second place comes FFVI. I would want a PSP for the game Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII and for the coming Dissidia. I don't have money for it though... and when i eventually get that much money i spend it for something else. I got midi files of most FF music on my Phone. I'm longing for the FFXIII to the Xbox360 but i heard from a friend that maybe the FFXIII could take longer to realease here in Sweden.

One thing though. in FFXII there are not the same beloved combat system in the game but instead something completly else. will FFXIII be the same? I would love it in an Turn Based RPG like all the other was and not to be a Real Time RPG or whatever FFXII was.

Well,if Crisis Core and Dissidia is a multi port game to Wii and PS2 or etc,I will buy the PS2 version no matter what.And FFXIII will be definitely released really late,maybe late 2010 for Europe areas.

FFXII features real time battle with no encounters,but with Active Time Battle present.The system is called Active Dimension Battle.To be honest,I am not a fan of FFXII's gameplay.

Possibly,Final Fantasy XIII features real time battle like Kingdom Hearts series,but more refined.You can use three commands like Attack,Attack,Fire into a combo.And Active Time Battle will return.Probably like Crisis Core's gameplay.

Spoilers from Famitsu.

- Apparently the MP system is gone and is replaced with a "cost" system.

- In one turn, you can stock up a series of commands and activate them all at once, instead of choosing one. Also, depending on the pattern of the commands you choose, Lightning's actions will change. For example, choosing "attack-attack-fire" and "attack-fire-attack" will activate different movements of Lightning. At the beginning of the game the maximum number of stocks per turn is 3, but it is very likely that the number will increase as you progress through the game.

- ATB is updated in the game, where you can to control the amount of the ATB gauge to use. For example, if you choose the maximum amount of commands in a turn, the gauge will become empty, but if you choose only one command in a turn, the loss of the gauge will be minimal.

- A yellow bar is displayed on the top right corner of the screen, which displays a "bonus" percentage on the bottom and the chain attack number on the top. "BREAK" replaces the chain number when the chain attack is broken. The use of the bar and the meaning of the bonus percentage is still unknown.

- The field system is very similar to FFXII's where the enemies are visible, and you have the choice to engage in combat or ignore. On the field you can check the enemies' names and HPs before you go into combat.

- The main enemies from the Holy Government are the Gewalt hounds, and the PSICOM soldiers. When Lightning was still in the Holy Government, she had some kind of association with PSICOM.

- The giant mechanical enemy that Lightning has been seen with on the train belongs to the Holy Government, and is called Manasvin. It mainly attacks with lasers and with circular blades that are attached to its wings.

- During gameplay, Lightning's weapon's form can freely be changed by a command in the menu. From a blade, to a gun, and vice versa.

- Lightning uses her weapon with her right hand, while she uses magic with her left hand. She does not summon gravity with her own powers, instead, she uses a special mechanic that's attached to her left hand.

- Not much of the new character on the bottom left corner of page 3 is revealed, except the fact that he knows Lightning since she was with the government.

If you need help,try and look at this video.I haven;t seen this video yet,because my laptop is spoiled,so be warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJm_l_HlHI&feature=related

Here are some screenshots for FF Versus XIII characters.I am waiting for this game,and I anticipate this game's release more than FFXIII's release.

Noctis.Possibily one of the coolest FF Character.

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-200808-1.jpg

Stella.Beautiful girl,haha.

final-fantasy-versus-xiii-200808260.jpg

Janny

Dines with dementia
I wasn't really interested in Dissidia until I saw the cinematic trailer. It presented itself so well that it just blew my mind, the colors, the dynamic nature, it looks amazing! Gotta love Square E. for coming up with so many memorable stories and characters, they're such a creative bunch.

I'm also curious to see what Versus will be like. I mean the guy can stop bullets, what's his story?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Chaos Master;163029 said:
FFXII features real time battle with no encounters,but with Active Time Battle present.The system is called Active Dimension Battle.To be honest,I am not a fan of FFXII's gameplay.

Possibly,Final Fantasy XIII features real time battle like Kingdom Hearts series,but more refined.You can use three commands like Attack,Attack,Fire into a combo.And Active Time Battle will return.Probably like Crisis Core's gameplay.

Crisis Core's game play? You mean mashing the attack button? Cause thats pretty much all you do in that game.

Crisis Core was button mashing and random chance, I cannot believe you liked this better than ff12.

If ff13 is anything like crisis core I am passing on this one.

aka958

Don't trust people
What's the different in the Versus and the normal FFXIII? i don't see a difference. i heard that the Versus will come on the 360 and the normal on PS3. is that true or will all the versions be available for all consoles?

Janny

Dines with dementia
FFXIII is about Lightning, in Versus you play with Noctis. They're both stand alone games and have their own individual story and characters.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
kagemusha;163054 said:
Crisis Core's game play? You mean mashing the attack button? Cause thats pretty much all you do in that game.

Crisis Core was button mashing and random chance, I cannot believe you liked this better than ff12.

If ff13 is anything like crisis core I am passing on this one.

Not sure,but probably it will be like action RPG game.No gameplay trailer for FF Versus XIII yet,but I will predict it to be awesome.

aka958;163085 said:
What's the different in the Versus and the normal FFXIII? i don't see a difference. i heard that the Versus will come on the 360 and the normal on PS3. is that true or will all the versions be available for all consoles?

There are three games of Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII,Final Fantasy XIII,Final Fantasy Versus XIII,and Final Fantasy Agito XIII.

Final Fantasy XIII is for PS3 and XBox360,Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3,and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for PSP.

So far,FF Versus XIII is the most mysterious game,with no gameplay trailers or release date.Final Fantasy Agito XIII may be released in 2009,which is this year.

These three FFXIII games take place in the same universe,but not related to each other.

FF Versus XIII focuses on Noctis,who is a prince who must defend his country from invaders and to protect the crystals.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be one of the most epic FF game,for me.:)

Keaton

Premium
I'm really looking forward to Dissidia, its pretty much what the fans have been begging for - Sephi against Squall? DroOl!

I loved Crisis Core and it isn't just a button mashing game, not if you want to get within a Mile of Minerva, theres a whole load of strategy and it relies on your own reflexes to get you though a situation rather than giving you hours of thinking time between moves ;)

Looking forward to the next console FF, but I'm still a tad confused about if/when it will be on the 360 ^^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;163200 said:
I'm really looking forward to Dissidia, its pretty much what the fans have been begging for - Sephi against Squall? DroOl!

I loved Crisis Core and it isn't just a button mashing game, not if you want to get within a Mile of Minerva, theres a whole load of strategy and it relies on your own reflexes to get you though a situation rather than giving you hours of thinking time between moves ;)

Looking forward to the next console FF, but I'm still a tad confused about if/when it will be on the 360 ^^

Agreed,haha. I have played Crisis Core last week,and it is a fantastic game.and Minerva's design is gorgeus.:)

Well,FFXIII will be released on 2010,on PS3 and XBox360 console.So,we got to be patient if we want to play the game,unless you want to play the Japanese version first.:)

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;163233 said:
Agreed,haha. I have played Crisis Core last week,and it is a fantastic game.and Minerva's design is gorgeus.:)

Well,FFXIII will be released on 2010,on PS3 and XBox360 console.So,we got to be patient if we want to play the game,unless you want to play the Japanese version first.:)

Lol, i'll happily play a game that I [/COLOR]don't need to know Japanese for as an Import, but FF? I think I'll pass lol ^__^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;163236 said:
Lol, i'll happily play a game that I don't need to know Japanese for as an Import, but FF? I think I'll pass lol ^__^

Well,RPG games have many contents that need to be translated than action games,so it is understandable.haha.

Here are some images from FFXIII characters.

Lightning.Uses a gunblade.

Snow.Uses bare hands to fight.

Oerba.Uses a bow.

Sazh.Use two guns in battle.

Below are FF Versus XIII characters.

Noctis.Use many weapons,but his signature weapon is the sword which has motorcycle engine.He can teleport,summon his weapons at will,including using them as a shield.He is shown to be very agile and strong.

Stella.Uses a rapier.

Anyone who needs to see Noctis's strength and abilities,please watch this old trailer.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU

aka958

Don't trust people
I remember i saw on the store GAME that FFXIII coming on PS the year 2009...
but that is in sweden. I also thought that Versus was for Xbox360 and it looks most exciting :( too bad.

Noctis rules! that is an awesome video!

She uses a gunblade?! awesome then it would be like fighting with Squall!

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
I saw a trailor for the new game but then found out it was for ps3 and ive only got a ps2, it looks awesome anyway

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;163513 said:
I remember i saw on the store GAME that FFXIII coming on PS the year 2009...
but that is in sweden. I also thought that Versus was for Xbox360 and it looks most exciting :( too bad.

Noctis rules! that is an awesome video!

She uses a gunblade?! awesome then it would be like fighting with Squall!

Yeah,,Lightning uses a gunblade.And her gunblade can switch from gun mode to sword mode.

Early trailer from Final Fantasy XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ephE0HMts0

A gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGI7ogVboSo

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
I might not have a 360 anymore D: But I am definitely glad that there's a PSP version as well:D I wonder if it'll play on the original PSP or just on the PSP 3000 >_<

I should have either a 360/PS3 by the those FF games come out =D Noctis looks freaking awesome:lol:

Top Bottom