• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite moment in all of Devil May Cry history?

IncarnatedDemon

This always makes me emotional, its really nice scene if you ask me, but it's not my favourite moment

I like this scene alot and it tells me alot about Dante

This is my favourite moment, this scene also tells you alot about Dante

All those three scenes i list is in my opinion much better than any scene in DmC with similar atmosphere.
When i listened to Kat explained her sad story it feel so forced, and what made me go "WTF?" is she then said "I killed the bastard".
That last line "I killed the bastard" was meant to be funny it seems, but i think it was a horrible line in what was seemed to be and should have been a sensitive subject about Kat's life.
Yet they pushed that line into it, sounds like a Hollywood cheap line tbh.

Kat's scene would have been much better without that line.

They did the same thing with NTDante's "sad past" as well. Instead of explaining the torture he went through, they showed him off as a "bad ass who had hareems and rebelled against po po".

Should have removed that police rebel picture and the harem , and the emo heart picture.

the orphanage and _NTDante as kid picture is awesome though. Pity they had to go all "I am so cool that when i am asked about how i dealt with life, i go on about how i choose my path of having sex with girls and rebelled against hte almight police, and i dug into my heart to ask myself "Am i a human do i have aheart?"

lool so silly thinking :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
My favorite moment was facing Arkham.

Why?

DMC3 believe it or not was my first time playing a hack and slash (or well a challenging one) and outside MegaMan/Sonic games as a kid (now those are easy) it was probably the first game that kicked my ass.

Yeah I played half of DMC4 (on Human) and Bayonetta at a friend's place as well as the demo...but DMC3 was the first REAL CHALLENGE (in a long LONG while) that I actually finished.

So playing DMC3 (via HD collection) on Normal was a wake up slap (Cerberus) to actually challenge myself. Almost every boss encounter (well except for one boss....Lady) kicked my ass and it was the first time I actually was formulating strategies and counter measures utilizing my own tools and abilities to fight back.

However, since Arkham was sooooooo cheap...I couldn't beat him after like...25 attempts....in fact I spent 10-15 hours level grinding (looking for all the secret missions and blue orbs that I missed)..something I never did before in a linear action game (RPG sure). Maxed out my health and DT bar and got all the moves as well. Bought a bunch of Vital Stars and Gold Orbs and went to go face the bastard again and brought with me Kalina Ann.

In the end I finished him off using Kalina Ann (remembering that Lady gave it to me....duh) and it was truly satisfying. Then watching as Dante and Vergil finish off Arkham was sooo EPIC with them using each other's swords and saying JACKPOT and Lady killing Arkham was sooo dramatic at the time and then facing Vergil but due to my training got better and was able to take Vergil on without dying this time (well I did die but I had a Gold Orb as well as some vital stars). I fought him as an equal and man was it an epic final battle.

No if anything.....my favorite moment was in the final boss fight in DMC2 with how Argosax was kicking my a$$ (because now the game decided to be f*cking hard) and after my like 10th try (and finally coming up with a good strategy) I was getting close but not close enough and I was down to a sliver of health and to regain some health used my last Devil Star and then used DT as my last effort to beat him but to my surprise this came out instead.
MajinForm.jpg

My response was.....
surprised-cat.jpg

My first time seeing the Majin form or even knew it existed and not questioning WTF happened I attacked and to my surprise I decimated Argosax. It stood no chance and I destroyed it and my response was...
tumblr_mces4suB0n1ri87b4o1_1280.jpg

Not knowing what the hell happened I thought I won but the bastard showed off his final form and I was ready and fought them/it and though it was tough (not as cheap or challenging as its first form) and with one vital star left went ham and finished him.

It was quite the..........experience I must say. Its almost like Capcom made DMC2 on initial difficulty easy as hell that you'll probably never see DDT so when you come face to face with the final boss, the incredible difficulty spike would force you to accidentally use DDT and gain the upper hand and win....Despite DMC2 overall sucking (well the combat was good for its time and it had an awesome soundtrack) that was a smart way to create an interesting twist in gameplay and surprise many players (but it may or may not work if A. a player activated DDT prior to the final boss fight or knew about or B. was skilled enough to be Argosax without getting to use it or uses a lot of health items to avoid getting to that point...but it worked on me).

Another favorite moment in DMC was beating Mundus on Mission 22 the final boss with literally 1% of health and was able to finally end the struggle that was that entire boss fight as well as the whole Super Sonic flying segment (although the controls were a bit clunky) and Mission 23 was the icing on the cake with the final encounter and JACKPOT but sort of pooped on my cake with the whole cheesy Trish and Dante romantic moment and the music as well as the questionable yet epic plane escape but the ending theme and the "Devil's Never Cry" speech in the whole light hearted scenery and music and the lush beautiful blue sky (cause being cramped in nothing but a dark atmosphere and dark demonic areas made you forget how beautiful the morning sky is) made me push the poop off my cake and eat it regardless.

DMC4 was finishing Sanctus off with a DT Devil Buster and watching that slow motion, Over the top, dramatic finisher and Nero yelling JACKPOT was epic as well as my first encounter with the Blitz (my favorite enemy in all of DMC).

DmC had none of these memorable moments for me and its not nostalgia since I played DMC1-4 like what....a year ago.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I have three moments which are my favourite. the first is the final battle between dante and vergil on the waterfall with the cutscenes before and after. 2 the final fight between nero and sanctus and the cutscenes before and after and 3 nero's fight against credo simply because it just came off as really intense to me

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
When i listened to Kat explained her sad story it feel so forced, and what made me go "WTF?" is she then said "I killed the *******".
That last line "I killed the *******" was meant to be funny it seems, but i think it was a horrible line in what was seemed to be and should have been a sensitive subject about Kat's life.
I don't think it was supposed to be funny. Abuse isn't funny, and I don't know why you think that kind of thing would be put in a game for laughs.:/
Kat wasn't smiling when she said it. People who do survive abuse do sometimes talk like that in relation to their abuser. They may not take the next step of killing like Kat, but they certainly won't be talking about the abuser in favourable terms. Watch a couple of abuse surviver documentaries and you'll see.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
My favorite is when Trish betrays Dante and nearly gets him killed and yet he saves her anyway.... right before he holds her at gun point.
23:07-26:17 Poor guy it must hurt feeling he nearly lost his mother twice.

Then there's that badass scene with Argosax in DMC2.
Straight up jizztastic!

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Surprised that no one mentioned this.

C'mon, the flamenco guitar, the BDSM references, and the Devil Gate heart. It's one of my favorites because it penetrates. It penetrates the soul and the heart. Makes us love and wonder about our mysterious Dante.

Anyway, the first encounter Nero and Dante had was pretty cool, especially the reload scene. Same thing goes to the first encounter Dante and Vergil had. The intro cutscene for Mission 1 in DMC3 was funny and awesome.

And this is always funny, starting from 0:59. Heh, "Sigh, what is sigh?"

IncarnatedDemon

I don't think it was supposed to be funny. Abuse isn't funny, and I don't know why you think that kind of thing would be put in a game for laughs.:/
Kat wasn't smiling when she said it. People who do survive abuse do sometimes talk like that in relation to their abuser. They may not take the next step of killing like Kat, but they certainly won't be talking about the abuser in favourable terms. Watch a couple of abuse surviver documentaries and you'll see.
Come on loopy, when she said turned her head and says "So i killed the bastard"

Obviously that particular line was not meant as a sad thing.
The tone of that line that is...was not sad. It was "I got abused so i got even and killed the bastard".

Your prolly right, it was prolly not meant to be funny but my point is that they were trying something with that last line that was not meant to give off the tone of sadness, tragedy or anything like that.
I think maybe edgy was what they attempted at.

Whatever it was, i think that part was horrible. It made everything Kat said go down the drain.

"I was abused" *sad*
"By my adoptive father" *sad*
"Who was a demon" *sad*
"Vergil helped me " *sad*
"I killed the bastard" *wtf :blink:?*
And she didn´t say it with a sad tone or a tone that appropriate for what Kat went through, but with a exciting one.

Short: That last line was to edgy for me. And i am not bsing, i really felt "Oh we got bad ass over here".

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
The scene after you fight Nervan.

When Dante gets his DT for the first time after the Vergil fight.

Dante and Nero's first encounter.

The Gloria fight scene.

When Nero gets his DT for the first time.

The scene before Dante fights that toad.

Just a few of my favorite

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The scene after you fight Nervan.

When Dante gets his DT for the first time after the Vergil fight.

Dante and Nero's first encounter.

The Gloria fight scene.

When Nero gets his DT for the first time.

The scene before Dante fights that toad.

Just a few of my favorite

All awsome scenes gotta say im a huge bleach fan so one of the things that got me stuck in the dmc series especially dmc4 was the fact nero can kind of do getsuga lol

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Dante at the end of DMC2. No words spoken during the final boss, just awesoness no one expeccted the Despair Embodied after the blob!

And Dante's fight againts Mundus.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
argh! Forgot to mention this:

Like I said, I really loathed Dante in the beginning so this was an EPIC WIN moment for me.

Top Bottom