• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fantastic Four is going to be cancelled...? wha--?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i heard that due to FOX not giving the film rights back to marvel studios, marvel is deciding to not only cancel the fantastic four comic book series, but drop them from the marvel comic roster...what? ok. whether the film is good or bad, YOU CAN'T THROW A TEMPER TANTRUM AND CANCEL A BOOK SERIES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO A FRIKIN MOVIE. i'm going to go drink some tea...and smoke a cigarette. and by the time i get back, i hope life makes sense again.

The Final Offer

i heard that due to FOX not giving the film rights back to marvel studios, marvel is deciding to not only cancel the fantastic four comic book series, but drop them from the marvel comic roster...what? ok. whether the film is good or bad, YOU CAN'T THROW A TEMPER TANTRUM AND CANCEL A BOOK SERIES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO A FRIKIN MOVIE. i'm going to go drink some tea...and smoke a cigarette. and by the time i get back, i hope life makes sense again.

Meh Fantastic Four is shot. No offense to the fans but, nobody cares about them anymore. They even put Spider man in the Fantastic Four. Who else is apart of it now?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well this sounds like a rumor/speculation I read on the comic book forum I frequent. I wrote it off as fans acting like the sky is falling, which they tend to do often (seriously they put the DmC/DMC fighters to shame).

Generally comics get cancelled when they dont sell enough to reach a quota set buy the company so I thought thats what happened here. Even the big names suffer it (avengers/Xmen books sell a lot more than others but they still get cancelled)

But looking at it now, this seems like the only thing they could do as FF isnt as much of a staple as Spiderman/X-men right now nor do they take up space(FF had 2 books compared to the 10+ books that the X-men puts out) so they could feasibly pull this.

its still petty and selfcentered tho.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Jak

Well it was said that FOX owns screen rights to FANTASTIC FOUR & X-Men & Marvel wasn't going to create new X-Men characters because then they could be used by FOX.
Anything new FOX owns the flim property.
Wait...how comes? there were new chars even after films release?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
@Jak

Well it was said that FOX owns screen rights to FANTASTIC FOUR & X-Men & Marvel wasn't going to create new X-Men characters because then they could be used by FOX.
Anything new FOX owns the flim property.

So i'm guess the FANTASTIC FOUR is cancelled as away of not providing any promotion for FOX.

Marvel isn't liking how FOX wants to use them or having the rights to them, not how good or bad the movie is.
well. in that case. cancel all the spider-man lines, all the x-anything, fantastic four, the all new fantastic four etc. if marvel is going to do something like that, then they need to either go big or go home

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

Well doesn't seem like they can go home.
I mean it's their property Marvel but they signed a deal with FOX & Marvel isn't liking who gets the rights to what.
So what's to do.

What would you do in this situation ?
If you owned comic characters, signed a deal with FOX & they get the flim rights to every new character you create after the deal, what would you do ?
i wouldn't drop major characters from the company's roster. that feels very immature to me. because (and please anyone, correct me if i'm wrong) fox ONLY owns the film rights. that means marvel can still distribute merchandise, tv, and comics. 3/4 ain't bad. especially if fox isn't really making any money off of that property, theres no real loss there.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Yea, i think what the issue is anything after Marvel made the deal with FOX, Marvel can't take any characters & go to another film studio & make a movie.

So till that contract deal with FOX ends or whatever, FOX can make movies based on Marvel characters FANTASTIC FOUR/X-Men & probably others as they see fit.
hmm...but what about comics? I thought it applies only to film category...so it seems little strange to me that they can't add new characters after that..

Top Bottom