• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(Fan) Fiction Ideas!

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
You know, I've been meaning to get back into writing lately. I was no Tom Clancy before but pre-university me did write, as opposed to the current, celibate me who can't string two successful sentences together what with all the stress. And it's a goddamn shame, cause I believe I have a lot of cool concepts that I'd like to put on paper, some related to already established continuities (also known as fan-fiction) while others a result of my creative pregnancy. I've also noticed how writing plays a big part in this forum so I was meaning to ask; do you have any ideas or cool concepts stored in the back of your mind that you think would make a good writing piece but that you never got around to doing them? Reasons could be any, ranging from a limited spare time to writer's block to fear of being trampled by your own ambition and quitting your work halfway through.

Who knows, maybe we could even help!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I once had the story idea of a vampire surgeon who becomes dangerously attracted to a patient who has a rare blood type. It drives the doctor wild and he wants nothing but to bite her neck, however the blood is also poisonous to him and it could kill him. So now he has to try and keep himself under control with her since she is a paranoid woman that believes the smallest cough is a sign of cancer.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For me it just came down to fear and laziness. I remember sitting down to write a drabble for Fantastic beasts and where to find them and hated what i wrote. So i deleted it and tried to come up with something else...:banghead:.

Right now im in a film program so im too busy tryibg to juggle that and a full time job. Pplus im working on my own stuff but im gonna try and figure out what to focus on.

The ideas are the easiest part, deciding what to spend time on is the hard part.

Teal

Oh man, I have a lot of ideas. For an original work, I had an idea of a novel of sorts called Mosaic. It would basically be set in this island called Jericho that is technically within US soil, but is politically segregated from it/isn't part of the US. In the past, after World War II, the island was infested with crime and that gave birth to a lot of vigilantes, so it was total, utter chaos. But then they separated from America and was put under control of RedWatch, a former-mercenary company turned into a legitimate law enforcement. Crime's at an all time low, with organized crime basically non-existing. Technology's a little bit futuristic. And the first part of this novel would be about life in this utopia with hints here and there that something is gonna happen. And then the second act would basically shatter this illusion of a utopia once they are attacked by a terrorist force that were basically operating under their nose, forcing vigilantes to re-emerge and the island to become engulfed into chaos.

I tried to incorporate this setting into a roleplay, but sadly I never could get enough interest even after three tries.

As for fan-fiction, Shinobi Chronicles would be a Naruto fanfiction which would provide details regarding the life of important characters in the series. Most of these would be headcannons while some of them would be stories that I made up. Also, some of them would be one-shots while others would have to be in several parts. It would cover all types of genres; romance n'fluff, action, thriller, slice of life and all of them would be set in the canon. Some of these stories that I was going to put were;
-Third Hokage and Danzo post-World War I, fighting a very skilled puppeteer who attacks Uzushiogakure. I would put more emphasis on Hiruzen's title as "The Professor" by having him use several hiden jutsu.
-One set in the future, where Naruto's dead, Sasuke's dead, their kids are like 40-50 years of age and the only living one from the previous generation is Orochimaru who uses a jutsu to communicate with his former team and discuss whether he should pull the plug on himself or live.
-Hashirama vs Kakuzu - the fight we never got to see.
-Tobirama inventing FTG to counter Uchiha's sharingan (this one's a headcannon)
-The mission that caused Kakashi's dad to commit suicide.

Another fanfiction was The inFamous Spiderman - basically, what if Spiderman was a conduit.
I also tried to make a BvS rewrite called Gods and Knights. Unlike the aforementioned ones, I actually wrote and published the first chapter and was halfway into the second, but I kinda realized that I had no idea what I was doing so I just bailed out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I started thinking about an American Gods crossover with Doctor who mainly because I wanted to see the 12th Doctor romance Bilquis the deadly goddess of Love (he's married the woman sent to kill him once...he's got this).

It became more of a conversation on faith because the Doctor is a huge nonbeliever... i see him ****ing everyone off by calling them "Tulpas"... heck he's probably fought half of them before (anubis and odin particularly). I'm guessing Easter would like his previous incarnation more.

I came up with a DMC4 au where Dante grew up in Fortuna. The story starts with him returning to Fortuna in his late 20s (25?) after leaving in his teens (17?).

I've been curious about doing an AU where Vergil was a good guy.

So my crossover idea for Rosario and Kh was to have Riku and Mickey stumbling upon Yokai Academy after saving Tsukune's world from Heartless. Or they got there too late and the yokai academy flyer is just floating in space. I thought of tsukune coming in later as a nobody but unaffliated with Organization 13.

To love ru i wanted to follow up on the sora's mom is the school nurse idea i read in another fic. That added so much dimensions to Sora as a character and a unique way to tie the two franchises together.

I wanted to do a watch dogs x rwby fic once where Aiden's nephew goes to beacon academy years after the events of Watch dog 1 takes place.

Last edited:

Teal

I wanted to do a watch dogs x rwby fic once where Aiden's nephew goes to beacon academy years after the events of Watch dog 1 takes place.
Lol. This actually got me interested because of how unusual the pairing is. Would he have a semblance or anything?!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Lol. This actually got me interested because of how unusual the pairing is. Would he have a semblance or anything?!
I wanted him to be Fox of Team CFVY because Fox is a blank slate and Aiden is nicknamed "the fox". I was too lazy to come up with a team of OCs.

If you wanted to make an OC team... i saw Aiden's nephew as a Tim Drake AKA robin-esque character.....

He probably does. I'm not sure Aiden does but since the story takes place 7 years after the first game he probably got one (or not).

There was a RWBY crossover that tried to put Aiden in Beacon as a aged down ex-student but it felt weird. I thought this was a better approach.

It probanly runs parallel to RWBY's first few volumes or it could be a prequel.

There is a hansel and gretel theme to the characters as Fox is investigating the mystery of his dead twin sister popping up (it's an AI construct based on his sister's likeness).

Last edited:
Top Bottom