• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Famitsu scores DmC 34/40

Zato-OW

King
I'll post the link when its provided but this was the official score for DmC from them. Famitsu is the top reviewer of Japan. DMC4 score was 35/40 DMC3 had the same score as DMC4. Can't find the scores for DMC1, I know DMC1 ranked higher then all the others. DMC2 ranked the lowest.

Edit, Okay DMC1 ranked the same as DMC3. DMC2 was the lowest.

EvilX-81

Honestly I'm kinda hoping this game doesn't get ridiculous over-the-top 9/10 scores unless it *truly* deserved it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I always thought Famitsu had a great scoring system, because they have four people review it. That's nice to hear, I guess :p

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
34/40?
images

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
So that would be two 9s and two 8s. That's pretty good but I can see a lot of people going 'lol famitsu's reviews are unreliable' and stuff.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Has this game been given a score lower than 8 yet? i mean, whats the deal here?

I'm actually really excited about DmC, and all these previews and now review scores aren't really helping me at all.

I think DmC has really good timing for its release. The only other hack and slash game that came out was Darksiders 2. I'm not saying they have to compete with one another, its just after DS2, i felt my life was still missing something.... and i'm pretty sure its this game. I just dunno if i'm going to actually have time to play MGR. I mean 2 weeks apart? i'll still be dickin' around on DMD mode. And don't forget about Vergil.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Has this game been given a score lower than 8 yet? i mean, whats the deal here?

I'm actually really excited about DmC, and all these previews and now review scores aren't really helping me at all.

I think DmC has really good timing for its release. The only other hack and slash game that came out was Darksiders 2. I'm not saying they have to compete with one another, its just after DS2, i felt my life was still missing something.... and i'm pretty sure its this game. I just dunno if i'm going to actually have time to play MGR. I mean 2 weeks apart? i'll still be dickin' around on DMD mode. And don't forget about Vergil.
So far it hasn't received anything below a 8.9 which is fantastic!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I always thought Famitsu had a great scoring system, because they have four people review it.
Maybe it's just me, but I think other gaming magazines should have this review system. It would cut out the majority of bias and give opinion variety.
Sure it's good when a reviewer is a fan of a game, but I want an objective review that shows the not so good points as well.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Didn't they lash out because it wasn't a real review?

Not sure on the specifics of it, but apparently from the little I read over on GameFAQ was that the site hadn't received their "review code" yet which is why it was taken down.

Not sure if that means that the person who reviewed it had played it or not.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I wouldn't say "lashed out" I would just say that they pointed out the mistake.
Some of the internet sites covering this mistake are using words like NT 'lashing out'. It's not really helping the situation when other sites are using inflammatory words like that.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Some of the internet sites covering this mistake are using words like NT 'lashing out'. It's not really helping the situation when other sites are using inflammatory words like that.
Yeah and they shouldn't because Ninja Theory was not lashing out, all they are doing is pointing out that its a fake review.

Top Bottom