• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2, Xbox customer service, and error code: E79

The Da3dra

Master Of War
This thread has no reason what so ever other than I would like you all to know what I had done.

To be honest I am quite proud of myself. ^_^

Ok so basically most if not all of you know that I got Fable2, well about a week or two prior my Xbox began to freeze. At the time I didn't think much about it, "Maybe the disc is scratched." Well as time went on it began to freeze more and more often.

About two or three days before Fable2 came out my Xbox wouldn't even load up the dashboard, it would just give me various error codes, E71, E79, E68.

Well I looked up information on these error codes and almost s*** myself with woe when I found that these error codes mean that it is the fault of the consumer that these problems are ococcuring.

Apparently I play rugby with my Xbox.:dry:

On top of that these errors are not covered by the extended warranty and if I wanted repairs I would have to pay for them.

So I Came up with an Idea.

The main design flaw with an Xbox360 is when excessive heat on the GPU warps the mother board around it. This puts stress on the solder joints on the GPU and any bad joints would then fail.

So this is what I did. I took everything off my Xbox, save for the power cord of course, turned it on, wrapped it in towels, then waited.

Now normally this technique would be used to melt the soldering back together and fix your xbox up good as new, but only for a few days a the most. However this was not my objective. Every so often during the half hour cooking process I would pick up the little bundle of joy and give it a few good shakes. Do you see where I'm going with this?

After the about 30 minutes I unwrapped my xbox then waited for it to cool down....:\....

I then plugged everything back into the xbox and plugged it into the TV...:\...SUCCESS!!! My xbox began to glow with the three red lights that are the "Red Ring Of death."

RedRingofDeath.jpg
Red and Green, Very Christmas-y ^_^

I then called tech support and told them of my horrible problem. They then told me that repairs would be free and that they will be sending me a box to send them my console for repairs.

THE END

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
/High five's Da3dra for abusing the towel trick.

Seems like Fable is causing a lot of problems with people's 360s...And yet, I've been playing it for 2 days, nearly constantly, and I've had no issues...Hmm, strange that.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
It wasn't fable that caused my xbox to be gay :p I was just using the release date of Fable to give you an idea of when this all happened.

and did you beat it yet Angelo Credo?

biohazardmaster;133578 said:
seriously man the xbox sucks
And that was completely uncalled for and has nothing to do with the reason I posted this. If you wanna bash the Xbox, then PLEASE do it on a thread devoted to that kind of crap.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Ha! I sold my xbox a couple of days ago. The only thing I kinda regret is not being able to play GOW2.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Angelo Credo;133948 said:
I did, shame the ending sucked, as did the Lucien "fight", but still, the rest of the game was epic.

This really is a spoiler. so if you don't wanna find out about the games storyline don't press the spoiler.

yeah the end was kinda bad. Did you kill lucien yourself or did you just let him talk till Reaver shot him?

The whole dream sequence thing was pretty interesting, And I figured you might summon "Avo's Tear" or the "Sword Of Aeons" not that ****ing music box :lol:. I'm also not saying they couldn't have incorporated the music box either.

The final fight shoulda been a bad ass boss fight and you use the music box to occasionally to sap his powers, I woulda liked that a whole lot more. kinda like bioshock and the needle.

Also i'm wondering what DLC they will have to follow up the game.

I think for one they should find a way to give back your dog for those people thaqt chose the sacrifice rather than the family.

and also maybe a whole F*** load of new quests would be cool as well.

Ainde

World Saviour
The Da3dra;134036 said:
This really is a spoiler. so if you don't wanna find out about the games storyline don't press the spoiler.

yeah the end was kinda bad. Did you kill lucien yourself or did you just let him talk till Reaver shot him?

The whole dream sequence thing was pretty interesting, And I figured you might summon "Avo's Tear" or the "Sword Of Aeons" not that ****ing music box :lol:. I'm also not saying they couldn't have incorporated the music box either.

The final fight shoulda been a bad ass boss fight and you use the music box to occasionally to sap his powers, I woulda liked that a whole lot more. kinda like bioshock and the needle.

Also i'm wondering what DLC they will have to follow up the game.

I think for one they should find a way to give back your dog for those people thaqt chose the sacrifice rather than the family.

and also maybe a whole F*** load of new quests would be cool as well.
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i am pretty sure that a download will be available, including extra missions, weapons and stuff. Maybe even a patch, so that when you visit a friend's universe he can see your character as it really looks.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Ainde;134074 said:
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. i am pretty sure that a download will be available, including extra missions, weapons and stuff. Maybe even a patch, so that when you visit a friend's universe he can see your character as it really looks.

New weapons would be cool, and so wouldn't getting some new spells. I maxed all of them out but most of them just aren't that useful. especialy being able to use the slow time spell to teleport but you can't go around enemies...that shoud be fixed :dry:....

Not only that the selection in clothes was not that varied and most of them looked stupid.

And as much as I respect the fact that they brought the game up a little bit more in terms of tech and what not, I feel there should have been some actual armor. :\

Top Bottom