• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-Word? (No Spoilers, Please)

Goldsickle

I wanted to wait a few months until the game becomes dirt cheap but then my nephew wants to play it.
However, I read somewhere that this game has profanities, unlike the 4th one.

So is it that bad?
Does Nero and the other characters say it a lot or is it only in a few cutscenes (like how there's only one use of "f***" in MGS4)?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wanted to wait a few months until the game becomes dirt cheap but then my nephew wants to play it.
However, I read somewhere that this game has profanities, unlike the 4th one.

So is it that bad?
Does Nero and the other characters say it a lot or is it only in a few cutscenes (like how there's only one use of "f***" in MGS4)?

Dante says "bitch" and "ass" at a few points. During the final boss fight, when you use a certain ability that lets the fight continue, Nero yells "**** YOU!" and as far as I can remember it's the only f-bomb in the game.

Goldsickle

Dante says "bitch" and "ass" at a few points. During the final boss fight, when you use a certain ability that lets the fight continue, Nero yells "**** YOU!" and as far as I can remember it's the only f-bomb in the game.
Ooh, thanks =0
So it's something that only happens once in the game.
Is it a cinematic cutscene or is it an in-game move where there are no subtitles for it?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Is it a cinematic cutscene or is it an in-game move where there are no subtitles for it?

It's one of those mid fight mini cutscenes that only last the duration of the move, so to speak, but I remember it is subtitled, although as far as I recall, they actually filtered the f bomb with asterisks.

Goldsickle

It's one of those mid fight mini cutscenes that only last the duration of the move, so to speak, but I remember it is subtitled, although as far as I recall, they actually filtered the f bomb with asterisks.
That's good to know :3

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Careful though, cause the game starts right off the bat with "son of a bitch" and there are quite a number of instances throughout the levels where characters spout some profanities here and there.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually I think nero swearing much more during combat, if I remember right, droping stuff like "F*ckers", etc.

Sean Gow

Hey :)

I know people are saying there isn’t much swearing in this game but there actually is.

Nero swears a LOT in this game! There are actually a lot of F-Bombs throughout the game, especially during the last mission.
Not so much in cutscenes, but in the actual gameplay.

I hope that clears things up :)

Top Bottom