• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Even after the release XboxOne and PS4 still have issues.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Hardly anything to whine about when most PS4 games can't even maintain 60fps...or even work. ACUnity... :whistle:

Those videos were horrible to watch if I may be honest, and you have a right to say that because it's true. I was watching Resident Evil Revelations 2 and the frame rate was horrible on the PS4 whilst the XBOX ONE had a steady 60FPS and the same thing happened on COD Advanced Warfare...I guess both consoles have their pros and cons, because the XBOX ONE isn't at all that great but...meh just my 2 cents

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Remember seeing a bit of a kerfuffle at Neogaf about this. Shame about the AF issue. I haven't played DE yet, has there been any other patches besides the Day 1 Patch? I could have sworn I heard there will be some patch(es) coming from the last Capcom Unity Stream.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I was watching Resident Evil Revelations 2 and the frame rate was horrible on the PS4 whilst the XBOX ONE had a steady 60FPS and the same thing happened on COD Advanced Warfare...I guess both consoles have their pros and cons.

Both consoles are capable of 1080p and 60FPS but it's down to the developers to hit that & if they believe that their games will benefit from it. Everything has pros and cons and everyone has their preferences of course but tech wise it's down to the devs to hit the required marks.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Hardly anything to whine about when most PS4 games can't even maintain 60fps...or even work. ACUnity... :whistle:

Oh my God, please don't remind me about AC Unity.

I was so excited about that game. I mean, I am a girl after all, so when I got this whole Romeo & Juliet vibe from the game's story trailer... then what we got... the gamer inside me is still crying.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh my God, please don't remind me about AC Unity.

I was so excited about that game. I mean, I am a girl after all, so when I got this whole Romeo & Juliet vibe from the game's story trailer... then what we got... the gamer inside me is still crying.

Unity was a mess for many reasons and Ubisoft majorly screwed it up at release (nothing to do with actual consoles). It's running better now after some pretty substantial patches but it should never have come to the market in the state it was. There are still some game mechanics that are broken in it and simply don't work very well. I really liked Black Flag (disliked ACIII) and though I'm preferring Unity to ACIII it's still a step backwards from Black Flag and that's always disappointing with a sequel.

ACII (plus Brotherhood and Revelations) had a far better Romeo & Juliet vibe.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hey nothing wrong with a thread that points out legit bugs in a game, makes it so some who have no purchased it go in with eyes open, you know what type of game your going to be getting on this new platform and whether or not certain bugs or glitches a present.

But I agree with Drakan, its up to the developers to familiarize themselves and make that effort to makes sure their games all run right and hit the desired mark on all the platforms.

Blade8513

The only things I can point out that I have noticed was in one instance when replaying mission one, I was playing it over to get a better score with white hair Dante (The one you get after completing the campaign) and the moment in the fun house where the Hunter breaks through the mirror Dante's hair was reverse colored, like the long/top of his hair was black, while the shaved part was white. Not a big deal to me at all but just throwing it out there lol

The only other thing I can point out is the lack of the Orb Harvester, its not something I really need but I was under the impression the DE came with all of the content for the original, including that lol

8BitHero

Scrub
For some reason, doing shoot and basic melee, makes the game think you did a special melee. This isn't hard either. Just press shoot and basic melee at the same time. The problem is that while doing air combos you'll end doing an unintended Helmbreaker into a pit of death. It seems like it's a bug with the game registering inputs. As a result, the combat (Vergil especially) has this huge glaring flaw that hinders aerial gameplay.
I've put this up on Capcom-unity but if enough people make enough buzz about it, we could also get this patched too. It's pretty important, especially with Vergil.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Frame rate and texture quality is hardly something so bad you'd call it game breaking. At no point does the game's texture look so bad or the frame rate drop so low I can't play the game. This whole thing is so trivial. As long as the frame doesn't drop to the point it's hurting the experience it's not an issue. 45 to 60 FPS is good enough and as long as it doesn't drop beneath that every few seconds, which it doesn't, then it's hardly the end of the world. I don't even think 60FPS is necessary for every game. For this one, yes, but not for all.

To me, more than the textures or the frame rate, the game's biggest issue is it's constant glitches.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Frame rate and texture quality is hardly something so bad you'd call it game breaking. At no point does the game's texture look so bad or the frame rate drop so low I can't play the game. This whole thing is so trivial. As long as the frame doesn't drop to the point it's hurting the experience it's not an issue. 45 to 60 FPS is good enough and as long as it doesn't drop beneath that every few seconds, which it doesn't, then it's hardly the end of the world. I don't even think 60FPS is necessary for every game. For this one, yes, but not for all.

To me, more than the textures or the frame rate, the game's biggest issue is it's constant glitches.

tumblr_m6i75j6WXs1qfph1s.gif

Top Bottom