• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ending The Rivalry

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Could you maybe go to Dante's side of things? Leading up to their meeting? Set the scene from both sides, perhaps?

Or even introduce another character (if you have another one integral to the storyline) to add a different dimension to the story so far?

Idk...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

I shall do Dante now... But I was thinking, should this be a short fic, where they settle the rivalry and then both fight an end boss? Or should it be a long fic like my others, with lots of twists?

Atm, I want to do it as a short one... But I dunno what you guys think?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If you want to make it short I would suggest that you decide fairly early on just how detailed and complex you are going to make it. You don't want to sell your idea short but at the same time you don't want to try and cram a whole load of detail into a short story which leaves the reader confused or maybe feeling a little short-changed by the promise of a longer, more in-depth read.

That said, you can make a surprisingly well-plotted short story with an appropriate number of twists in...just decide what is essential and what is padding - you won't need the unecessary chatter between characters so much in a short story...

If you've read Minority Report or one of Isaac Asimov's short stories, you'll know that you can get a damn good story in just a very few pages without losing your integrity as a writer. Just might take a bit more planning is all...

Try going for a short one with this idea but if you feel you can't wrap it up concisely, then leave room for expansion and try something else for a short story, returning to this one when you have further inspiration perhaps?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, I think I'll make this a short one :lol:

Perhaps have Dante explain what is happening, and why he needs Vergil's help... And then end it...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, Leaving Town: Part 2

Vergil couldn't stop thinking about Penny, all through his flight. Meeting back with Dante seemed strange for Vergil... This was the same being that he had fought on several occasions, his own brother.

"Why had the rivalry gone on for so long?" Vergil thought to himself. He tried looking out at the sky, or down at the ocean below... But nothing, not even the beauty of the clouds, of the roaring ocean below could cheer him up.

He sighed, and then dozed off. In his dreams he could see Penny's face, as the two were fooling around in his apartment. They were laughing, and were staring at each other lovingly.

Vergil then saw his brother enter with Trish and Toni, and they were all having such a wonderful time.

But he soon saw that fade away, his dream leaving him, and his eyes opening. He looked around and saw his world for what it currently was... It was not alright... He was not feeling what he had felt in that dream.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thanks pal ;)

Good to see someone likes it :)

The Flight Continued

It had been a while since this warrior had fought something of a challenge. He needed something to keep his adrenaline going, for he sought that special rush he felt when he was fighting.

Nothing pleased him more than breaking things apart, and crushing everything.

Vergil grabbed his amulet out of boredom, and for the first time ever, he noticed it shining a bright blue.

"What the hell?" he thought to himself. Then his heart started to beat faster, and he could feel the aeroplane speeding up. Everything was gaining speed, or was it his amulet that was making him feel like this.

He could feel the presence of demons, all of which were flying alongside the aeroplane.

With his heart pumping, and his mind rushing through thoughts, he took to battle instantly. He teleported, and broke free of being in the aeroplane. Once outside, and above the clouds, his wings soon lifted him through the air.

Looking back, a black crowd had covered the windows of the plane, so that nobody inside could see the demons.

The demons hadn't even noticed Vergil, but Vergil had noticed them. And with a summon of two blades, he was going to send them back to Hell.

Keaton

Premium
Great story so far Ry, I am impressed ;)

Taking a whole new look at Virgil is always good with me :D

+rep

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks man ;)

I'm glad you enjoy it... +rep

Coming up: Destruction In The Midnight Sky

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Destruction In The Midnight Sky

Vergil was curious as to why the pesky creatures had been following his flight. But as curious as he was, he was even more eager. Eager to kill them all.

Vergil was ready to make a move, until his amulet struck out again.

"What's wrong with this thing?" he thought to himself.

As if the amulet was controlling him, Vergil's head moved, and his eyes were drawn to the horror in the distance.

There was a huge, unavoidable creature that had rose from the ocean below.

Vergil wasn't one to show fear, but in times like these one usually does have the anxiety to go "Holy crap".

The plane was heading straight towards the beast, and there was nothing it could do to avoid being crushed.

Once more, the amulet shone a bright blue, and Vergil could feel himself speeding up. It had seemed that the amulet was trying to protect him, or at least show him warnings. As if the amulet was some kind of guardian.

He then felt himself rushing towards the huge beast, at great speed. But the other minions seemed to have other plans, and struck out right before Vergil had reached the creature.

Vergil fought them off easily. Slicing one in half, and cutting straight through another's head. Demonic blood being spilt in the midnight sky. Evil fighting above the clouds, where the Heavens ought to be.

Vergil was hit by a lightning blast that the huge creature had sent out. Being knocked back slightly, he saw the plane trying to veer away from the large demon.

But there was no luck. Vergil was about to witness the terror. The huge demonic hand rose to strike out the deadly blow. The amulet shone once more, and the world was brought to a halt.

But it hadn't all stopped. Everything was still moving, but at an incredibly slow rate. The amulet had stopped everything, giving Vergil time to save the people.

Vergil wasn't one to usually use something such as Quicksilver. But then again, he hadn't. It was the amulet that had done this. The amulet had slowed everything down.

With the greatest of ease, Vergil smashed away at the demon's giant hand. And after much hacking, he sliced the hand away. The demon's face could be seen making a scream of pain, but in slow motion.

This slow scream of pain pleased Vergil greatly. But then the scream started to speed up, and the demon burst into a fit of rage. It smashed Vergil back with its other hand, and sent him flying through the sky.

Vergil didn't care about anything now. At least the people in the plane had been saved from that thing. Vergil was ready to return, and finish the demons off. But something held him back. He could feel himself drained of power, and then all of a sudden, he lost his wings. He was falling, into the raging ocean below. Down into the depths of an underwater nightmare.

End of Chapter Two

Keaton

Premium
Woa! Could you get more action packed?!
Great Job Ryan, I eagerly await more additions!

Virgil up against a giant beast, 'A' material :D

+rep

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's going great guns - but ease up some more on the commas still...you almost always do not need them before the word 'and' (although there will be exceptions from time to time).

Try a semi-colon if you are going off on a slight tangent but it is still somehow related to the sentence you are writing rather than put in a comma.

Good stuff though, definitely ^_^

Koemi

half-breed
+ rep. so what's gonna happen? will Dante's amulet do the same?? it's almost like the amulet is like that orb the Jester has Dante carried in DMC3 - that one that gives Dante power but drains his health.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Haha, you'll just have to wait and see my trusty readers ;)

If you want to know what I have in mind, why not PM me?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I disagree ;) But anyway, I guess you'll have to wait for chapter 3 :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 3: Dwelling In Darkness

The rain hit hard on the windows and the fire inside still burned fiercely. Dante stood up and pushed open the door as he edged into the street.

"Strange...I almost feel as if this isn't real" Dante says to himself. The rain runs softly down his face and his trench coat.

A loud cry is heard, and Dante looks around with confusion.

"What is going on?" he questions.

He walks back inside, but the room blocks him from entering. He spots himself slumped in an armchair, resting peacefully.

"This...This isn't real. This isn't happening, where am I?" Dante asks. He begins to smash away at the windows, but the glass does not break.

His voice is feeble and weak, and it is not enough to wake Trish.

The street lights go out, and the rain beats harder now.

Dante's heart begins to beat faster and faster.

A bright blue glow comes to his attention, as his amulet shines immensely. Dante is blasted from the ground, and sent soaring into the air.

"Okay...This is starting to **** me off" Dante says, through gritted teeth.

He reaches for the amulet, and tries to pull it away from himself, but it won't come away.

A blue shock is sent straight through Dante's body, and a demonic cry screams inside of Dante.

"THE HUMANS...KILL!!...KILL THEM ALL!!"...

Dante drops to the ground, in his devil trigger status. He sees a dark figure leaving the scene, and his head begins to swirl.

The scene changes, and he wakes up from the armchair in a sweat.

Looking down at his amulet, he tries to pull it away again. But to no prevail. He stands up and looks into the mirror.

"AHH!! What...What have I become?" he says, as he slumps to the floor. There is blood on his hands...Human blood.

ManOfMayhem

That STORY was AWESOME! It is more realistic I give it a 5/5 with shining colours! Continue doing what you do LOD you will someday be an author of many books

Top Bottom