• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Elder Scrolls V announced

Dark Drakan

Admin
After the news that another sequel to one of my favourite games series is being created (Mass Effect 3) imagine my joy when it was announced that another of my favourite games series is recieving a sequel too. Bethesda have announced that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is going to be released next year on 11.11.11 and is a direct sequel to the award winning Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is going to own the holy shiznu out of Mass Effect 3. Sucks its in Nord's territory though, considering Nords are like my least favorite race in Elder Scrolls besides Argonians. Now if they only REMOVE level scaling and I'm all cool. I hate that. Whats the point of leveling up if the damn enemies going to level up with you? And yes, I know if you level up you get access to higher tiered armor and what not.

Even though I'm a huge JRPG nut, Oblivion was by far the most enjoyable WRPG I've ever played (eat your heart out Fallout 3). Heres hoping that give PS3 owners the add ons as well this time and no more exclusive stuff mayn.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;292794 said:
Now if they only REMOVE level scaling and I'm all cool. I hate that. Whats the point of leveling up if the damn enemies going to level up with you? And yes, I know if you level up you get access to higher tiered armor and what not.

That always irritated me for the same reason too, you never felt like you had got anywhere because everything was always just as strong as you. I really liked Oblivion but some stupid patch issues corrupted my save and my game and i ended up never completing it but i really enjoyed it.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dark Drakan;292795 said:
That always irritated me for the same reason too, you never felt like you had got anywhere because everything was always just as strong as you. I really liked Oblivion but some stupid patch issues corrupted my save and my game and i ended up never completing it but i really enjoyed it.

I've beaten the main path, but I didn't get too far into the side missions at all except for Guild Missions and Knights of The Round (included in PS3 version). I also didn't like how Oblivion essentially forced you to power level or the higher leveled enemies will own you. You wouldn't be able you level your stats adequately at all if you followed exactly what the guide told you. You would have to do the exact opposite of what they told you in the manual in order to get anywhere. :lol:

Snow hijinks in Skyrim ftw.

aka958

Don't trust people
This game... is so damn preordered by me on monday. <.<

I'm like :O, but also like :D with a touch of o_O.

Meg

I know! I knooooow! I saw this and was like o_Oo_Oo_O So happy about this considering how much I hate New Vegas. I reeeeally want a new Elder Scrolls game and FINALLY my prayers have been answered.

I actually like Nords the best, Fred (my character) is the man! :lol: That's cool it will be a direct sequel. Wonder how that will work? Will you be able to import your character from Oblivion into the game? (Not that I would. I like starting fresh.)

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
If it will have multiple quest solutions, dialogues written by somebody who knows how to write, voice acting won`t be annoying, and fighting system will be similar to that of Risen - i will officially become a Bethesda fanboy from a hater.

And that about TES V owning ME3 is bullox, because i`m still a hater.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yet another game where I get to sink my Traven's Argonian teeth into... Perfect. *evil grin*

aka958

Don't trust people
I will sneak around everywhere yet again, thieving from everyone and slowly sneak through dungeons. I'll have my precious bow and precise marksmanskill to accompany me, with a little illusion magic as well. :cool:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;292801 said:
I know! I knooooow! I saw this and was like o_Oo_Oo_O So happy about this considering how much I hate New Vegas. I reeeeally want a new Elder Scrolls game and FINALLY my prayers have been answered.

I actually like Nords the best, Fred (my character) is the man! :lol: That's cool it will be a direct sequel. Wonder how that will work? Will you be able to import your character from Oblivion into the game? (Not that I would. I like starting fresh.)

Ive loved Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas and recently playing Morrowind for the first time. I was gutted when my Oblivion messed up and i lost 80 hours of progress and never finished the main quest.

I doubt you will be able to import character as the game is centered around customisation and your merely changing a skin. They will have stats starting from basic again no doubt and working your way up.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wouldn't want to import my Traven from Oblivion to Skyrim. He's a less than savory character (personality wise), I'll say that much.

Top Bottom