• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EH?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well infact everyone used swords/broadswords before the introduction of Gunpowder&firearms the whole world used swords the sultans, egyptians, tribals and also the pre-victorian British army wielded swords they are not only entitled to america

and what dante uses is something insanely huge Sword which you can only find in any manga/anime or a Japanese game its a unique creation of crazy Japanese culture

and as for Americans are concerned all they love is
images
Americans do love explosions but we also love guns, alcohol, unhealthy food, cars and things that are significantly larger than they need to be.

as for Dante's nationality he has been established as American since the first game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
From my Anime drawing experiance, Its actually harder to draw an older person. Just randomly drawing anime gives me either childish, or young looking people. Its rather strange......

Oh I hate that!>_< I hate when I'm trying to draw an anime 19 year old, they end up looking 16!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Americans do love explosions but we also love guns, alcohol, unhealthy food, cars and things that are significantly larger than they need to be.

as for Dante's nationality he has been established as American since the first game.

Where is it shown that Dante is american ?? i want see

He's simply a hybrid japense and Western culture American culture in specific doesn't make any sense and there is no instance where he actually says he's american (Who knows maybe there is no american in DMCuniverse) ;)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Where is it shown that Dante is american ?? i want see

He's simply a hybrid japense and Western culture American culture in specific doesn't make any sense and there is no instance where he actually says he's american (Who knows maybe there is no american in DMCuniverse) ;)

Hideki Kamiya stated it in DMC1.

Railazel

Does America even exist in DMC universe ?? that's an interesting topic
DMC 1 took place in Mallet Island which, I assume, is off the coast of the U.S.
DMC 3 took place in some city in the U.S
DMC 2 took place in South America.

Can't tell where DMC 4 took place as Fortuna is based off of the Vatican in Italy.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Can't tell where DMC 4 took place as Fortuna is based off of the Vatican in Italy.

Mallet island is just a fictional name tooootally random
Some city ??
South america ?? Ancient demonic island in america ?? :lol:

That means DMC 1 takes place in the modern world ??? :blink:

KtWtWiS43

Yah, check the game pamphlet! It says something to the effect that Dante is a mercenary in modern America who hunts demons. Who knows? Hopefully Dante's running around right now and we don't know it, ha. It's a nice thought knowing such a badass is hanging out on our turf

Railazel

That means DMC 1 takes place in the modern world ??? :blink:
Yah, check the game pamphlet! It says something to the effect that Dante is a mercenary in modern America who hunts demons. Who knows? Hopefully Dante's running around right now and we don't know it, ha. It's a nice thought knowing such a badass is hanging out on our turf

Yep, in fact DMC 3 makes some allusions to our time period, such as the Love Palace (the strip club you enter in Mission 3). DMC 4 does too, if I can remember there are some cars on the street that some demons dance around on. Then there's the fact that The Order uses swords with motors on them (which would place them a couple of years ahead of us as we don't know how such technology could work to anyone's advantage).

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yep, in fact DMC 3 makes some allusions to our time period, such as the Love Palace (the strip club you enter in Mission 3). DMC 4 does too, if I can remember there are some cars on the street that some demons dance around on. Then there's the fact that The Order uses swords with motors on them (which would place them a couple of years ahead of us as we don't know how such technology could work to anyone's advantage).

But the phone he uses and the cars in DMC anime they're so old looks like dante is immortal maybe his age is more than he looks but that can't be the same for lady eh.... this is confusing

Railazel

But the phone he uses and the cars in DMC anime they're so old looks like dante is immortal maybe his age is more than he looks but that can't be the same for lady eh.... this is confusing

The phone's old, yes, but people still use those. I would suggest not going with any form of canon outside of the games. They just make things more confusing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The phone's old, yes, but people still use those. I would suggest not going with any form of canon outside of the games. They just make things more confusing.

Kobayashi confirmed that the anime is canon and takes place between Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 4

Railazel

Kobayashi confirmed that the anime is canon and takes place between Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 4

I'm saying not to go with it as an information source since, usually, canon info outside of the games (of most franchises) just confuse the timeline and story.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm saying not to go with it as an information source since, usually, canon info outside of the games (of most franchises) just confuse the timeline and story.

Yeah makes sense since DMC 1 takes place in an island which is abandoned decades ago so that island looks dated and creepy but the anime kinda shows a older timeline to DMC 3&4

and the anime also showed that dante used to drink now wtf is that ? :mad:

Railazel

Yeah makes sense since DMC 1 takes place in an island which is abandoned decades ago so that island looks dated and creepy but the anime kinda shows a older timeline to DMC 3&4

and the anime also showed that dante used to drink now wtf is that ? :mad:

And I'm still trying to figure out when did Dante like Strawberry Sundaes?

KtWtWiS43

I think the DMC1 novel said he liked strawberry sundaes.
That and in the anime he digs strawberry sundaes. I'm pretty sure the lore of Dante is combined from all the different mediums he seems to appear in. Kinda makes it more like a legend, in the way that Dante's tale is amalgamated from a bunch of different sources, some true some not. Gives alot of leeway for each person to envision exactly who Dante is for themselves.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That and in the anime he digs strawberry sundaes. I'm pretty sure the lore of Dante is combined from all the different mediums he seems to appear in. Kinda makes it more like a legend, in the way that Dante's tale is amalgamated from a bunch of different sources, some true some not. Gives alot of leeway for each person to envision exactly who Dante is for themselves.

Wow he's like asagi from disgea series really changing appearance and attitude in every game

Top Bottom