• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Edge teasing new Assassin’s Creed?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Edge-New-AC-Tease.jpg

With Ubisoft confirming a new “another big Assassin’s Creed” for 2011, an official reveal ought to come soon, right? If we’re guessing correct on Edge Magazine’s tease for their next issue, the new entry might be revealed on January 18.

The image above, captured by our friends at Connected Consoles, appears at the end of the latest issue. The logo on the left is that of Abstergo Industries, the Templar company that appears in-game. The logo on the right is that of the refurbished Animus, the machine Desmond uses to live out his ancestor’s memories.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood has been out so it this tease shouldn’t be related. Will Assassin’s Creed III soon be in our grasp? Stay tuned.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/edge-teasing-new-assassins-creed

Hmm. Maybe Assassin's Creed III, or another Assassin's Creed game. I will be happy as long as the new Assassin's Creed game is released on Xbox 360 and PS3. :D

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I doubt it will be ACIII this soon. It'll probably be another Brotherhood-esque Assassin's Creed game.

+rep for find tho

Dark Drakan

Admin
Personally i think some of the team have already been working on ACIII since ACII came out. As only certain portions of the team would have been needed for full time work to create Brotherhood as most of the engine was done in ACII so only needed tweaking and some new animations mapped out. Only the storywriters, bug testers, multiplayer team and other positions would have been needed for the duration of its release and afterwards (for updates and DLC).

Meg

Oh boo. As much as I love Brotherhood and would like to know what happens next I reeeeeeally don't want ACIII yet. I really want to be given to get excited about it. Anticipate it a little instead of going, "Oh look another AC game. What a surprise."

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;295957 said:
Oh boo. As much as I love Brotherhood and would like to know what happens next I reeeeeeally don't want ACIII yet. I really want to be given to get excited about it. Anticipate it a little instead of going, "Oh look another AC game. What a surprise."

They will likely announce something but wouldnt expect anything until Oct/Nov at the earliest.

Meg

^True. But with Uncharted 3 and Skyrim I won't have time to play it. o_O

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;295981 said:

I know the feeling, im juggling 5 games and some DLC at moment and still got a game i havent opened yet.

Esura

Meg;295981 said:

I was looking forward to Skrim, until Bethesda did that whole "360 exclusive DLC" stuff with Fallout NV AGAIN even after in an interview they said they wouldn't do that no more. They might pull that stuff with Skyrim. I'm done with Bethesda.

On topic, I would want Assassin's Creed III to move completely to modern times with Desmond now. Its supposed to be the last one right? Desmond supposed to be the main character right? So screw this Animus stuff and just let me play Desmond in badass mode. He got Altair's abilities, he got Ezio's abilities, do he NEED to look at another ancestor!? He can find those Temple on his owns dammit.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;296041 said:
I was looking forward to Skrim, until Bethesda did that whole "360 exclusive DLC" stuff with Fallout NV AGAIN even after in an interview they said they wouldn't do that no more. They might pull that stuff with Skyrim. I'm done with Bethesda.

On topic, I would want Assassin's Creed III to move completely to modern times with Desmond now. Its supposed to be the last one right? Desmond supposed to be the main character right? So screw this Animus stuff and just let me play Desmond in badass mode. He got Altair's abilities, he got Ezio's abilities, do he NEED to look at another ancestor!? He can find those Temple on his owns dammit.

Ubisoft did the same with Assassins Creed, Mass Effect 2 gets free DLC & Arkham Asylum had exclusive section with joker included on PS3 as have others with exclusive sections/content for PS3 version. Doesnt mean players boycott games they enjoy playing just because someone else has got something. Happens to both sides of the coin so should just think yourself lucky they choose to develop for a platform you own & enjoy the games.

EmilIrving

Demi-Fiend and Dante Team
Dark Drakan;296106 said:
Ubisoft did the same with Assassins Creed, Mass Effect 2 gets free DLC & Arkham Asylum had exclusive section with joker included on PS3 as have others with exclusive sections/content for PS3 version. Doesnt mean players boycott games they enjoy playing just because someone else has got something. Happens to both sides of the coin so should just think yourself lucky they choose to develop for a platform you own & enjoy the games.

Just like Tales of Vesperia, though it is unlikely that one will come to the states... Damn Japanese and their desire to keep extra characters and storylines that ties in to the movie, damn me for not owning a PS3 and can't read Japanese. :lol:

Esura

Dark Drakan;296106 said:

I don't support exclusive PS3 DLC either (and most of it is crap anyway). I bought Arkham Asylum used. The DLC for Mass Effect 2 should be free because the PS3 is getting the game a year later. Also, I didn't even know Assassin's Creed 1 HAD DLC.

I'm a strong opponent against Day 1 DLC or "planned" DLC as well as exclusive DLC and DL-only games. Developers and publishers will stop doing this if people stop buying it or stop buying the game that has exclusive DLC on the other system. Vote with your almight dollar (or in your case euro or something). Hopefully the industry will crash on itself like it did years ago for change to be made, but I digress.

---

Desmond Miles in modern cities for Assassin's Creed 3. No more ancestors!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;296539 said:
(or in your case euro or something).

Desmond Miles in modern cities for Assassin's Creed 3. No more ancestors!

We have our own currency the pound £.

I dont think Ubisoft are ready to finish the Assassins Creed story yet so id say they will drag it out at least 2 more games yet. Plus DLC still sells by the bucket load exclusive or not and sometimes sways peoples choices per console so console companies will try to secure exclusive DLC all the time. Activision proved that by charging an insane 1200 Microsoft Points for a map pack and whatever it was on PSN and it broke records for downloads. I for one would not pay that for something like a map pack but everyone moaned about it and said they would boycott it but they didnt and purchased it in record numbers.

Esura

Dark Drakan;296540 said:
We have our own currency the pound £.

I dont think Ubisoft are ready to finish the Assassins Creed story yet so id say they will drag it out at least 2 more games yet.
I don't mind this if they make them good like Brotherhood. :D

Plus DLC still sells by the bucket load exclusive or not and sometimes sways peoples choices per console so console companies will try to secure exclusive DLC all the time. Activision proved that by charging an insane 1200 Microsoft Points for a map pack and whatever it was on PSN and it broke records for downloads. I for one would not pay that for something like a map pack but everyone moaned about it and said they would boycott it but they didnt and purchased it in record numbers.
Wow, this makes me sad...truly sad. I forgot about those expensive map packs. I could make a whole essay mentioning these despicable tactics to nickel and dime stupid people. Actually, I should make a thread detailing how big publishers are a scourge to innovative gaming.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;296543 said:
Wow, this makes me sad...truly sad. I forgot about those expensive map packs. I could make a whole essay mentioning these despicable tactics to nickel and dime stupid people. Actually, I should make a thread detailing how big publishers are a scourge to innovative gaming.

EA tackled it better than Activision with Bad Company 2 and anyone who purchased the game new could download map packs for free soon as they were available. I liked this idea and so recently ive spent more time on that.

Top Bottom