• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ebola

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's the same scenario as the two US citizens. This was done so that they could get the best care possible in their home country.

At least they'll be able to contain and stop it spreading in US and Madrid...well, I hope they will. It only takes a little mistake for the ebola to go round the whole hospital and then out into the country. But there's only a small chance of that happening as these places are better equipped to deal with this.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal (commonly monkeys or fruit bats). Spread through the air has not been documented in the natural environment. Fruit bats are believed to carry and spread the virus without being affected. Once human infection occurs, the disease may spread between people as well. Male survivors may be able to transmit the disease via semen for nearly two months.
Interesting. So basically ebola can become an STD?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit:

I've said this before, but since you're probably wondering why they would let people who've contracted the virus into "first-world" countries --

-- I'll tell you.

You're not gonna like it, but here it is.

Population Control

Think of it this way:

The economy sucks, there are no jobs, Argentina just defaulted, and there are people who are now stealing anything that isn't bolted to the ground (like copper at construction sites) because they can't find work.

What better way to "solve" this problem then to introduce another "black plague"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to mention, this is a good excuse to detain people and start a "real" dictatorship (more so than before); they'll be doing it "for our own good".

And you know what? People are going to welcome this. As long as the government "keeps the sick people away from us", they'll give up anything as long as they feel safe.

There you have it, folks. They get to kill off the "undesirables", and are able to control the rest without resistance. It's a pretty sweet deal on their end, if you ask me.

Trust me, this benefits the Corporatist Special Interests and Corrupt Government Entities (which is 99.9% of all government everywhere) a lot more than you would think.

Deus EX can explain it a hell of a lot better than I can.

^This, only with even more corruption. :devil:

"Why contain it? Let it spill over to the schools and churches. Let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them."

"Or better than kings. Gods."

Interesting. So basically ebola can become an STD?

Yes. But whether it can or not -- or whether there might be a new airborne strain or not -- you, your family, and anyone else you've been in contact with will have to stay in home quarantine (or FEMA camp "detained" quarantine) for four weeks.

Four weeks: You'd best by all the non-perishable food (granola bars, canned goods, soap, water, toothpaste, etc) that you can to wait it out.

Otherwise, you'll be fighting with some other runny-nosed guy at the grocery store for the last roll of toilet paper.

Stay Strong Everyone

Last edited:

Meg

Oh for goodness sakes, you make thread after thread where all you do is fear monger. You've successfully freaked out several people in this thread already. Would you please refrain from jumping to the absolute worst (and unlikely to happen) conclusion so often? You're going to cause a panic.

Anyone willing to think logically about this will see there isn't yet anything to freak out about. What's happening in West Africa is tragic; a lot of people are suffering and dying and that is horrible. However, there is no logical reason to assume that what is going on in Africa is going to escalate into what you are describing.

I really like coming on here to discuss games, news, and other such things with the awesome people here. I do not like to see my fellow forum goers getting scared over something that will most likely never happen anyway.

ACK!

Meghan out.

P.S.

Kill all the fruit bats in West Africa.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Jesus, you guys are fearmongering like this is the Redlight/Blacklight virus from Prototype!

In all honesty I really don't think it's going to get very far. Look at the H1N1 and Bird flu "epidemics". Those didn't last very long in the US and even if Ebola gets here, it probably won't last long either.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Lets see what these conspiracies have gotten us in the past shall we.

Y2k = turned out to be hype and BS
Bird Flu apocalypse= once again turned out to be hype and BS
H1N1 infecting the majority of Americans= dare I say it....more BS
and last but not least
2012= Also ended up being BS

And now the new hot topic for everyone to imagine the worse for and blow out of proportion to no end is the Ebola thing lol.

Wonder how that is going to turn out...

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Lets see what these conspiracies have gotten us in the past shall we.

Y2k = turned out to be hype and BS
Bird Flu apocalypse= once again turned out to be hype and BS
H1N1 infecting the majority of Americans= dare I say it....more BS
and last but not least
2012= Also ended up being BS

And now the new hot topic for everyone to imagine the worse for and blow out of proportion to no end is the Ebola thing lol.

Wonder how that is going to turn out...
Honestly I got my money on a nuke war or asteroid collision rather than a pandemic.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Frostmourne ebola spreads through skin contact. Its not an airborne virus. If Americans really panic simply because of an Ebola outbreak, well.....lol....first world citizens, teh lulz r guud.
I also thought people all over the African continent know to boil their water before drinking it. It ought to be common knowledge, I thought.
Well, cheers to the idiots then.:facepalm:

Top Bottom