• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easy Automatic Mode question

Onkel Cannabia

I haven't used EA so far but I want to try it out. But I heard there's some kind of punishment if yo use it. I just don't remember what it was. Do you get full Style Points? Can you advance normally in the game? If you can't, does it only effect the game mode you used it in (so if I use it on DMD I can still progress normaly und HaH Mode)?.

I tried to google it, but couldn't find anything useful.

Koemi

half-breed
The only punishment I heard was on the stylish meter - can't get a S on using Automatic, that is; but it shouldn't prevent you from finishing the game regardless of difficulty modes. I never try automatic 'coz it just doesn't feel right. ;)

Tama

wat
I THINK it's something like enemies that normally appear on other modes won't appear at all, and of course the simple combat system. Also, you'll be locked in that difficulty throughout the game.

Koemi

half-breed
Tama;125044 said:
I THINK it's something like enemies that normally appear on other modes won't appear at all, and of course the simple combat system. Also, you'll be locked in that difficulty throughout the game.

The original question has two parts: "Easy" and "Automatic". My answer deals with the "Automatic" part, Tama's deal with the "Easy" part. Sort of. ;)

Hope these help.

Onkel Cannabia

I thought it's called easy automatic mode, because it's so wasy with automatic mode. I didn't know there was a difference.
So you can still get an A Ranking with automatic!?

Koemi

half-breed
If you are referring to DMC 4, then it's just "automatic" or "norm" for the time being. You can use automatic in all the difficulty modes (from Human to DMD). You can get by to SoS with automatic (I tried that once just for the sake of it AFTER I beat DMD with manual), but in DMD and HAH you definitely need manual control - even if you just want a low pass. ^_^

And no, I don't think you can you get A rank with automatic. I haven't tried that though.

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Automatic doesn't hinder your scoring ability at all. Infact, you can overide automatic controls with actual inputs such as calibur. If you mash your sword button you may get mixed results, which makes it hard for higher levels. I have gotten SSS on a level with automatic when playing for fun ;) But I'm sure i could SSS No Damage pretty much any level with Nero on automatic (never really tried). Dante is a little harder with auto controls.

All and all it will screw you up enough to get hurt and expose yourself to the badies. I suggest playing manual. Its way more fun and a lot more satisfying even if you are a rookie.

Top Bottom