• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easier said than done

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
No not the achievement lol
I thought a few days ago that it might be worth going through easy mode again to get them all to S rank. Seemed like a pretty streightforward task at the time and by far the easiest one to do it on as a good third of them were already S without trying.
I must have tried about 8 times this morning to get an S on mission 6, I get all the orbs and get an S for clear time plus the no item bonus. but I just can't get any higher than a B for combo. Theres just no room for it before I know it everything just dies within about 4 slashes, if im lucky I will get a single stylish throughout the whole damn mission.
Seems like the only way I am going to do this is if I go through the whole thing untouched but *****footing around enemies trying to get a combo out of them = me getting nicked once or twice (sorry but im just not that good at avoiding some of the cheapest enemies in the game and I shouldn't have to be)
I just can't believe it, I am actually finding this really difficult, its rediculous and it's driving me insane. To get an S on easy mode am going to have to get though this with God like skill it's easy mode for crying out loud cut me some slack.

Keaton

Premium
^Dodging (Rolling before an attack and a successful Table Hopper) nets you style, plus Taunting between attacks, if you charge up Blue Rose and use EXAttacks on groups of enemies, then take down the last enemy with Charge Shot it should easily get you onto the Style Spectrum, plus, don't forget to simply vary weak moves. Ie. Snatch and Buster, jump in the air, snatch an enemy, use two slashes, Buster, snatch another enemy, use Blue Rose etc etc, its all about mixing it up. Also, try and gather as much Style as you can on Bosses, if you can not take any damage during a boss (and manage to DT Buster) you will get a nice horde of Style to add to your score also.

LoGoS

Get Destro'd
For mission 6 its really simple to boost style points. Just kill more gladiuses when facing Angus. Dont throw them....kill them. Very simple

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Thanks it was the swords, that was what I needed, I ended up with a double S out of them (I would never have thought). Whenever I do that part I am in the habbit of just throwing them frantically. As that is quite possibly the worst part of the whole game and I just want it out of the way.

Gtsilva

Devil-Spawn
Hahaha yeah I had the same problem and I was thinking that killing the swords would waste time and therefore get an A or something for time but I relented and just tried to get SS there then run my ass off for the rest of the mission and I eventually got S rank. I'm actually also trying to get the S Rank achievements and I keep wondering how I'm going to do that on DMD for instance.

Top Bottom