• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EA are scrapping online passes

Dark Drakan

Admin

I saw that some time ago and I dont agree with them doing it (or any company repackaging something for retail price the year after) but all the new features for the console versions that were updated & improved for the next game wouldnt have been capable on handhelds. It should never have been released like that or at all to be honest, the handheld versions should be totally different games as they will never get the same experience as the game with the same name on consoles (they will always be lite versions). This should have been a free update for the previous game for the roster update & other minor features hopefully this never happens again after they were called out on it. It contains some new features & updates but wasnt worth another retail release in another package for full price at all.

Full EA statement that wasnt included in that link:

FIFA 13 on PS VITA features 30 leagues, 500 officially licensed teams and 15,000 players all wearing this year’s kits and playing for their current teams. It is the same great FIFA gameplay for the PS VITA, including touch-screen controls, and also features popular modes like Career Mode, Be A Pro, and a deep set of online features. We felt it was important to continue to offer fans the opportunity to play an authentic football experience on PS VITA.

Dark Drakan

Admin
There are chances that the game isn't available new.
I've bought a few used games because of the new copies were sold out & 3 or 4 used were in store.
So it's not always as simple as making the choice of buying new or used, what's available factors in too.
Then maybe they should've started an online pass time share or something.
1. When the game is purchased new the online pass is included & will be good until multiplayer servers ends.
2. If purchased used the online pass time share can be purchased for $7.00 with the first yr of multiplayer access free.
Each additional yr of multiplayer access will be $1.00
If multiplayer servers ends before purchased time expires, players will be refunded for the unused time purchased.

Games sell out yeah & if you were willing to pay full price for a new version then not much difference in cost buying used then price of an online pass that close to a games release. Not such a bad idea with sharing online passes, ive personally gave most of mine away with games I had no interest in playing online but purchased game new (Fifa, UFC, Fight Night etc). Though I have used them on latest Fifas but not to play online, mainly for the live season updates & live real life score updates & stat tracking systems.

At such low prices you wouldnt get much back from the refund of unused time though, would hardly be worth the refund. :lol:

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Speaking of games with online passes, do games with online passes generally have lower resell values?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea i know but gamers would get something if servers ends before purchased time expires.
And it would show EA being fair.
It's weird because I mean multiplayer servers aren't permanent, but developers are including it in the games as it's a part of it.
So if those servers closes permanently, then shouldn't the price for a new copy drop $10.00 because there would be no multiplayer access.

By the time the multiplayer servers are closed on most games they are bargain bin prices anyway.

Speaking of games with online passes, do games with online passes generally have lower resell values?

If you sell them on Ebay without the pass you tend to get less from people for them than if the pass is unused.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Not always, there are stores that sell many older games at the day 1 price regardless of a closed MP server or not.
So whomever sets the pricing for games should take ended multiplayer servers into account.

Pricing is up to the retailers in those instances as they are free to set their own offers, the games have a RRP but most drop prices fast. This is why most street stores are closing down because their pricing structures are awful, I havent purchased a game in a game store for many years for this reason. Even Supermarkets have better prices these days than game stores (sometimes Supermarkets have the best prices on Day 1) & they were the ones that used to be really overpriced in the past.

IncarnatedDemon

Supermarkets are awesome :D

While thinking "What game i should buy?" a employee whos a chef came and said "Hey u want to eat a slice of melon while observing the products?"

And i said "YES! Give me the melons!"
Then i took out a katana from Metal Gear Rising box that i was observing and sliced the chef and took all of the melons.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Xbox One & EA announce partnership
Guess we know why EA dropped online passes now.

Only with a couple of timed exclusives & some exclusive features. EA will always be a multiformat company & release their games on every console/handheld & toaster in your home.

Top Bottom