• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dumbest question ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
No, Dante lives no where NEAR Fortuna, since he'd never even heard of it before DMC4. If he lived on the outskirts, he;d know about the city and its history. NERO lived there most of, if not all, his life.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Dante Redgrave;151573 said:
No, Dante lives no where NEAR Fortuna, since he'd never even heard of it before DMC4. If he lived on the outskirts, he;d know about the city and its history. NERO lived there most of, if not all, his life.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :>

Sparda™

Fortuna is an island. And Dante leaves somewhere in Western Europe, most probably.

All the buildings, all the city scales are small, like Mediterranean/Western European architectural styles.

Zato-OW

King
Fortuna was based off old European buildings. Dante was said to live in America NOT THE AMERICA but as in if there was a place you could say he lives in real life it would be America. He lives nowhere but in his own world. Now I don't know if in Europe they use the same School buses as America does but in DMC3 it clearly shows an American school bus outside his door where his home was.Also Dante drives on the left side of his car and yeah he would live in American. I think this was a red car I believe.

Sparda™

^ Great Britain and Japan are places which have right-handed cars in bunches.

Europe is quite big. School buses are all generic.

If you see the landscape of the city in DMC3, when the Temen-ni-gru rises, there are no big buildings. The architectural style of bars 'Bull's Eye', cabarets/brothels 'Love Planet', are all European.

The whole atmosphere is European.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
*checks the anime* Well, in ep 5, he chases that one guy out into a mid-western American desert. Oh, btw, Europeons drive on the right hand side, sop their cars are all LEFT Side driver. DMC clearly shows right hand driver, left side of road. It's not so much "supposed to be European" as it is "supposed to be blatantly Western". BTW, both Kobiyashi and Kamiya had said Dante is basically a American action star with super powers, and DMC was made with AMERICANS in mind. Hence, Dante lives in the US...or possibly Canada. But not Europe, the creators have said that much to confirm it.

Now Fortuna, we all agree is in Europe. Just has too much of that feel and style to it. There were tall buildings in the city where Temen-ni-gru rose up, it's just they all are kind of dwarfed by a giant Tower of Babyl rising up out of the ground.

BTW, forgetting where most architectural style in the US came from? That's right, same place almost all of the colonists originally came from hundred of years ago; Europe.

Zato-OW

King
How hard is it to admit that Dante lives in a American life(well except being a demon while killing demons.). Capcom has already said Dante is considered American that lives in America. He dresses like an American, talks like one and much more. Hell hes even based off American action movies.The only thing about Dante's world is America doesn't exist nor does Europe or Asia or Africa.

This means if Dante was to live in our world he will be living in Western America maybe even North East America Because basically they are basing him off an American. Divine Comedy is Italian but Dante is "American". They are just giving DMC series a dark feel with these old building models while keeping an American trend to it. Like the School buses and Lady's motorcycle to Dante driving on the left side of his car, like in the anime how the red head chick served Dante while wearing skates as they did back 40's/50's in America. Even after Capcom said DMC is not set at out current date but is like in a earlier timed base like 80s or w/e.

¬_¬

¬_¬ ⌐_⌐
aka958;151616 said:
that depends on... did you call me or spardatm nerd? and why exactly? jealousy?

i called sparda nerd in a good sense,hes inteligent

jealousy?why?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Thread's question was answered and I also see a little flame brewing here, so thread locked.

As for Dante, DMC1 manual states that he lives somewhere in Modern America, I don't see why you had that little debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom