• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DT form

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
why doesnt dante ever go DT in the series, the only part is at the last episode but you only difference is the eye and his screaming

Divine Insect

That's one thing I found disappointing in the anime. I was hoping for at least one awesome scene with Dante in his devil form. I still liked the last fight, but I really would have loved to see some real DT action.

Quentarus

Divine Insect;160536 said:
That's one thing I found disappointing in the anime. I was hoping for at least one awesome scene with Dante in his devil form. I still liked the last fight, but I really would have loved to see some real DT action.

well i noticed that in all the games you barely see 2 seconds of his DT form if not any

Divine Insect

Technically, in the games you can transform quite often, as long as you have enough energy. Unless your bar is super low or you un-devil on purpose, your devil form lasts for more than just two seconds.

Quentarus

Divine Insect;160658 said:
Technically, in the games you can transform quite often, as long as you have enough energy. Unless your bar is super low or you un-devil on purpose, your devil form lasts for more than just two seconds.

no i ment during the cut senses, not through game play sorry i didnt specify it enough

Keaton

Premium
Black Angel;165312 said:
Dante never uses DT in cut scenes, why is that?

In Devil May Cry 1 he doesn't. But 2, 3 and 4 the DT is shown, even if its just briefly.

In two iirc you see his DT when he recieves his first pendant...but I couldn't be 100% sure.

In three, you see his DT, the first is when he awakens his Devil atop of the Teminigru and again when he recieves the orb that causes constant DT (after Beowolf).

In Four, the DT shown briefly when Nero is pounding Dante in the face, you notice that his arm changes momentarally.

But, I agree, its a real shame that you don't see it in the anime at all :) But it was probably because the Devil May Cry One DT forms were pretty poor in comparison to 3+4 and even 2.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^The DMC 1 forms where not poor.

In fact with the exemption of 2 DMC 1's DT forms are the strongest of the series.

Keaton

Premium
Black Angel;170856 said:
^The DMC 1 forms where not poor.

In fact with the exemption of 2 DMC 1's DT forms are the strongest of the series.

I disagree, Devil May Cry 4 Dante's DT's would be more developed than Devil May Cry 1's. But, what I was referring to was the design of the DT's being poor. The DT's in DMC1 were little more than humanoid electricty/fire, with the exception of the Sparda's DT.

Devil May Cry 3+4 are far better deisgned for appearing on screen in my opinion ^^

Durante

Dead
I think in the dmc1 when he was in in other dimension with Mundus he used his DT and then got pounded am i wrong?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I believe dante dislikes the fact that he is a demon...everytime he says something bad about it, like "they worship a demon as a god?" or "humans possess something that demons dont" so he avoids using his dt.
Also, dante is so strong he doesnt even need to use his dt in fights.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Keaton;170860 said:
I disagree, Devil May Cry 4 Dante's DT's would be more developed than Devil May Cry 1's. But, what I was referring to was the design of the DT's being poor. The DT's in DMC1 were little more than humanoid electricty/fire, with the exception of the Sparda's DT.

Devil May Cry 3+4 are far better deisgned for appearing on screen in my opinion ^^

well you have to notice DMC 1 was the first so capcom didn't really know where to go with the design of Dante's DT form then they developed it more in DMC 2 and they kept on making it look cooler

so in reality if DMC DT forms were like DMC 3 and DMC 2 in the begining DMC 4's DT form would probably look like DMC 1, instead.

So What capcom was trying to do is make them look different and more better and cooler than the previous ones...

Railazel

To answer the question of why you only see DT for a small moment, at least in my perspective; Well, we can use DT whenever we want in the game, that's one reason, and it wouldn't be as awesome if we just saw it for a whole entire five minutes through the cutscene, plus seeing it in-game. As for designs, I wouldn't know, I only played DMC 1, 3, and 4. DMC 1, I couldn't specify, they all looked different but it was just the colors that threw me off. DMC 3 was the only clear one, and DMC 4, probably similar to the others, I didn't get that far.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Crimson Devil;175168 said:
I believe dante dislikes the fact that he is a demon...everytime he says something bad about it, like "they worship a demon as a god?" or "humans possess something that demons dont" so he avoids using his dt.
Also, dante is so strong he doesnt even need to use his dt in fights.

i wuz thinkin dat same thing...besides dante's strong enuff without it

Sone

DUST TO DUST
Well that shows why Dante no need for DT form in Anime, he is to strong for enemies in Anime Expect last boss but he is ***** too :)

Top Bottom