• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon's Dogma Online

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Dragon's Dogma was one of my favorite games of the past console generation. God, if they released its online counterpart over here, I would play it until my thumbs fell off.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
What i know this game well is F2P, it would be nice to see ENG version since this all is on MT Framework engine what gives nice graphics like ones in DMC 4 or RE 5, but well for now its ony JP release and for worse IP locked so no one outside JP for now can play it but still hoping for ENG servers.

WolfOD64

What i know this game well is F2P, it would be nice to see ENG version since this all is on MT Framework engine what gives nice graphics like ones in DMC 4 or RE 5, but well for now its ony JP release and for worse IP locked so no one outside JP for now can play it but still hoping for ENG servers.
People in the U.S. are playing the game through a server workaround on PS4. It's still all in Japanese, though.

WolfOD64

Yeah I had the JP account and downloaded it, but I gave up when it told me I couldn't play because I wasn't in Japan :c
Having a Japanese PSN Account isn't enough. You have to change your VPN settings to trick the console into thinking your making the purchase from a Japanese server.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Having a Japanese PSN Account isn't enough. You have to change your VPN settings to trick the console into thinking your making the purchase from a Japanese server.

Yeah, that was the rub. I'm just wondering how easy it will be in the end, because I don't want to have to finagle with too much to get it to work. I'm also worried that it might jigger other settings for Netflix >.<

WolfOD64

Yeah, that was the rub. I'm just wondering how easy it will be in the end, because I don't want to have to finagle with too much to get it to work. I'm also worried that it might jigger other settings for Netflix >.<
It won't as long as you write down your original settings. Outside of that, it shouldn't change any online components...Netflix included.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pretty much if you've played the original game, it's the same. It doesn't play too differently, but now you have a shortcut system to assign stuff to, so it makes using healing potions a helluva lot easier. Character creation is still just as in depth, maybe a little more. Didn't get a chance to play with anyone, since I don't have a lot of time to spare, but it seems pretty cool, and mostly easy enough to play without an extensive knowledge of Japanese.

WolfOD64

Pretty much if you've played the original game, it's the same. It doesn't play too differently, but now you have a shortcut system to assign stuff to, so it makes using healing potions a helluva lot easier. Character creation is still just as in depth, maybe a little more. Didn't get a chance to play with anyone, since I don't have a lot of time to spare, but it seems pretty cool, and mostly easy enough to play without an extensive knowledge of Japanese.
Great---just what I wanted to hear. I'll try it out when I get the chance.

Top Bottom