• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon's Dogma 2 Depends on Dark Arisen PC Feedback

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...aign=Blogroll&abthid=568ec46ca5f7ade705000017

So, a full-on sequel to the action-RPG sleeper hit Dragon's Dogma has indeed crossed the minds of the original dev team. Interesting to note, though, was that circulation around a potential sequel didn't come from the mouth of lead dev Hideaki Itsuno, but the producer Minae Matsukawa:

"The Dragon’s Dogma development team members often talk about the possibility of a sequel. Feedback for the PC Port [of Dark Arisen] will increase the chances that we can look into the possibility of continuing the series."

Now, I already pre-ordered Dark Arisen on Steam since there was no way in the Nine Circles I was going to miss playing one of my favorite games of the last console generation on the top-of-the-line PC hardware it always deserved...but now that I know the sequel depends on it, I'm more than happy to recommend it to people.

So, spread the word.
BUY IT. NOW.

The Wolf the Lylat System COMMANDS IT.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Where did it say that it's depending on it?
It only says that it will increase the chances of a sequel being made.
I'll wait on a price drop on the steam version, since I didn't even get the chance to really play my console copy of Dark Arisen yet.

WolfOD64

Where did it say that it's depending on it?
It only says that it will increase the chances of a sequel being made.
This is Capcom. In their corporate lingo, "feedback" almost is always subtle code for "sales." It's how projects are even greenlit in the first place over there. And after Yoshinori Ono's "2 million or bust" policy reveal last year, I doubt their stance has changed even remotely.

I'll wait on a price drop on the steam version, since I didn't even get the chance to really play my console copy of Dark Arisen yet.
Wait for the PC version. The console framerate is pretty sluggish for a game like this, especially when the PC is going to run at 150 fps.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
This is Capcom. In their corporate lingo, "feedback" almost is always subtle code for "sales." It's how projects are even greenlit in the first place over there. And after Yoshinori Ono's "2 million or bust" policy reveal last year, I doubt their stance has changed even remotely.

Wait for the PC version. The console framerate is pretty sluggish for a game like this, especially when the PC is going to run at 150 fps.

I'd just wait and see, if they're already having ideas then it's only a matter of the right person pitching it to the higher ups.
Really, the FPS was bad? Never really had problems in the original (besides getting lost huntin manticores but that's besides the point)

WolfOD64

I'd just wait and see, if they're already having ideas then it's only a matter of the right person pitching it to the higher ups.
If Itsuno couldn't convince Capcom's board of moneymen to give the go-ahead for DMC5, I doubt he has much power to sway their minds on a project as small as Dragon's Dogma.

We can only hope.
Really, the FPS was bad? Never really had problems in the original (besides getting lost huntin manticores but that's besides the point)
Framerate on PS3 was 25-29 FPS max during combat. I imagine 360's was smoother, but not but much.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Forget it. I'm not buying anything the DMC team makes that's not DMC.

Donte's Dogma, on the other hand... :sneaky:

Consider it bought. :D

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Where did I heard it before. Ah yes, DMC4 release and RE HD. Result: "Currently no plans" and another multiplayer shooter with RE paint. Lol capcom

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
how is a sequel to a game gets bigger chance to make based on the feedback of a pc port to an already released game? but i'm pretty sure dark arisen will get good sale on pc

Top Bottom