• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DragonMaster's thoughts on the DMC series

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
When I say serious I mean it's not an anime cliched game where the main hero is afraid to cuss, is too honest, and is a sterotypical hero. I think this Dante is more of a rebel and that's more relatible. An example is like this of the difference between a hero and a rebel.

Old Dante is a hero in my book.
New Dante seems to rebelious and pirate-like to be a hero.

The dog-eat-dog way of life that new Dante lives by is kind of like the life of reality. Thus why I say, "serious."

Just by projecting Dante's life like a junkie doesn't make it "Realistic" or "Serious" On any grounds !! and neither does Cussing after every alternate line makes it any realistic that just makes him Look like a Random junkie you can find anywhere in the world that nobody cares about

If you want to play a "Realistic" game which Actually portrays Human evil's Play Silent hill 2 its dark and it has very much Acceptable story unlike this ...

He ain't OLD ! He's just 30 Seriously his hair's white due to Demonic DNA ;) and neither was DMC1 a cliche Anime Game ! Its the only Game which actually Has Blood -_-" even this "Serious" Game doesn't have Blood !

Really if Hero is stereotypical for you just some games with Anti-Hero's or Pokemon don't try to change Game characters just because you're bored of "Heroes"

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just by projecting Dante's life like a junkie doesn't make it "Realistic" or "Serious" On any grounds !! and neither does Cussing after every alternate line makes it any realistic that just makes him Look like a Random junkie you can find anywhere in the world that nobody cares about

Which is why he's relatible. No one cares for him and want him dead, but he still fights for the human kind against the demons. That's pretty deep.

If you want to play a "Realistic" game which Actually portrays Human evil's Play Silent hill 2 its dark and it has very much Acceptable story unlike this ...

What does that have to do with real life?

He ain't OLD ! He's just 30 Seriously his hair's white due to Demonic DNA ;) and neither was DMC1 a cliche Anime Game ! Its the only Game which actually Has Blood -_-" even this "Serious" Game doesn't have Blood !

Who said Dante was old?

Really if Hero is stereotypical for you just some games with Anti-Hero's or Pokemon don't try to change Game characters just because you're bored of "Heroes"

images

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought Dante from 3 as being more anti-hero than actual hero so its not impossible to think of Dante as a anti-hero.

DragonMaster2010

I thought Dante from 3 as being more anti-hero than actual hero so its not impossible to think of Dante as a anti-hero.

I never saw DMC3 Dante as an anti-hero because he's not really shown much of a rebellious side to me. In the manga, yes, but in the game he's pretty doing what a hero would do.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Anit-hero how ??? explanation required

as far as i know anti-heroes are like this :-

John_Marston_Quotes_.jpg

images
Dante is a hero and he doesn't have any Anti-hero traits Hell he doesn't even grunt for a sec he always has that classy heroic smile...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I never saw DMC3 Dante as an anti-hero because he's not really shown much of a rebellious side to me. In the manga, yes, but in the game he's pretty doing what a hero would do.

I dont think a character being rebellious makes them anti-heroic. I just thought Dante wasnt fighting the good of all or anyone else in the beginning of 3 or before 3 either so that made him seem anti-heroic to me. Its more or less my interpretation of the character.

I dont see him as being Dudley Do right or Superman/Goku type character and would write more like Scarlet Spider or other Marvel heroes or Angel/Spike who are people who want to be heroes but they dont what that is and so their is growing pains.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
16795.jpg

Cons
-It's not in the original DMC canon
-a more brash and punk Dante
-not as fast as DMC3.
These were my cons for DmC so far, not AS fast as DMC3, neither was DMC4 though, but All the pro's for it you nailed, same with all the pro's for DMC3, all though, Dante actually did show alot of emotion in DMC3, like when he shed a tear over loss of his brother. He tries to cover it up with a cool guy attitude, but in the end the death of his brother breaks him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Another con for DmC would be Bad PR and presentation.

Another for 4/2/anime are the wasting of good plots.

These were my cons for DmC so far, not AS fast as DMC3, neither was DMC4 though, but All the pro's for it you nailed, same with all the pro's for DMC3, all though, Dante actually did show alot of emotion in DMC3, like when he shed a tear over loss of his brother. He tries to cover it up with a cool guy attitude, but in the end the death of his brother breaks him.
I agree with mrrandom on the emotion bit but think Dante as being similar to Monkey or Nariko or SS as being characters who have hardened themselves to avoid breaking down.

DragonMaster2010

Should have rephrased the emotion thing.

What I meant was he seems a bit too joking around compared to DMC1. I know he's supose to be young and a hot head, but even after he realized what he wants to do, he still seemed the same.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Anit-hero how ??? explanation required

as far as i know anti-heroes are like this :-

Dante is a hero and he doesn't have any Anti-hero traits Hell he doesn't even grunt for a sec he always has that classy heroic smile...

Since when anti-heroes have to grunt to be anti-heroes.

Anti-heroes is a rather confusing term, On Wikipedia they listed these guys as Anti-heroes.

Video games

A
C
D
G
J
K
M
N
R
S
T
W
Comic books

DragonMaster2010

Since when anti-heroes have to grunt to be anti-heroes.

Anti-heroes is a rather confusing term, On Wikipedia they listed these guys as Anti-heroes.

Video games

A
C

D

G

J

K

M

N

R

S

T