• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DragonMaster's thoughts on the DMC series

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
This just my pros and cons with each Devil May Cry game and the anime. I thought about doing this for a while now so I'll get right to it.
Game order; 3,1,anime,4, and 2. DmC is an alternate game.

images

Devil May Cry was made in 2001 by Hideki Kamiya and his group in Capcom. DMC1 introduced a wide assortment of style, puzzle solving, and a new take on gaming of hack n' slash games and horror. Dante is a devil hunter who is asked by a mysterious woman named Trish to accompany her to Mallet Island, where the great Prince of Darkness, Mundus, is planning a return to the human world after Dante's father, the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda sealed him in a marble tomb.

Pros
-It was the first of the series and unique to other games at that time.
-Dante was considered a great lead character.
-The environment was beautiful and gothic.
-The weapons are interesting.
-The story was dark and pretty entertaining.
-Awesome music

Cons
-The lines are corny as hell
-The voice acting wasn't very good.
-Underwater battle

images

Devil May Cry 2 is the sequel to the first game created by a different group from Kamiya's. This one features an older, more serious Dante, who has been called once again by a red haired devil hunter named Lucia to help defeat a mad man who wants to use an ancient demon named Argosax to become an immortal and rule over the demon world and human world. This is Capcom's first DMC game without its original creator.

Pros
-Gunslinger and Trickster in one.
-It was one of the best graphic wise in the HD collection.
-Wider areas.
-Cool clothed Dante
-Playing as three characters (Dante, Lucia, and Trish.)
-Creepy enemies

Cons
-Slower gameplay then DMC1
-Unmemorable music
-Bad voice acting like DMC1, but a bit worse.
-Unmemorable moments
-Underwater battle
-No devil arms
-guns too powerful

images

Devil May Cry 3 is the third installment of the DMC series, and the game that brought DMC back on top. DMC3 is about Dante in his younger days, just getting started as a devil hunter. However, a dark tower rises within his city and demons begin to roam free. Dante must go through the tower and defeat the demons along with his older brother Vergil, whom Dante presumed was dead, before Vergil opens the true Hell Gate and destroys the world. Not only that, but a mysterious girl with a rocket launcher also has a score to settle with the man accompanying Vergil. Later on, a special edition was made where you could also play as Vergil.

Pros
-The game is fast paced and very action-packed.
-The weapons are all special and unique.
-The characters are improved in this one.
-the demons are more challenging.
-Memorable moments
-Endless fun
-Great music
-Style system
-Unlockable costumes.
-Play as Vergil

Cons
-Cheesy one liners (Not as cheesy as DMC1)
-Not as horror as DMC1
-No real emotion from Dante (My opinion) just a party crazy guy.

images

Devil May Cry animation was created with MAD HOUSE and Capcom. The story is about Dante, as he lives his day-to-day life as a devil hunter in a small city. Dante also has to look after the young Patty Lowell, to his annoyance. Dante is called on missions each episode and takes care of demons that terrorize people and does so with the help of some old friends.

Pros
-It lets us have a look into Dante's life.
-Patty annoying Dante (Lol)
-Lady vs Trish
-Dante kicking demon ass
-A more cool and mysterious Dante (To a point)

Cons
-Dante not that fun
-No real plot until the last two episodes
-Trish hardly in it
-Dante too powerful
-enemies too weak
-Final battle ends quickly
-don't like the way they look (My opinion)
-No stylish moves

images

Devil May Cry 4 is the fourth installment in the DMC series. DMC4 is about a new guy, Nero, who has a possessed demonic arm and is the descendant of Sparda. He was simply a knight of the order called "The Order of the Swords" until the man in red; Dante appeared and shot the priest. After an epic fight, Dante leaves telling him, he is not like the other demons. Nero is now sent to capture the man in red and arrest him. As Nero proceeds, he slowly finds out the order's true plans and has to choose whether to obey the order, or fight them, and possibly loose his girlfriend, Kyrie forever.

Pros
-Playing as two characters
-new mechanics with Nero's arm.
-Mixing all styles in one (Dante)
-Better voice acting.
-more challenges
-memorable moments
-beautiful scenery
-good soundtrack
-Good graphics

Cons
-Back tracking
-No real emotions in some characters. I won't say names (*cough* Kyrie *cough*)
-stereotypical anime romance (Nero and Kyrie)
-Kind of reminds people of Bleach
-Dante acting like a total ten-year-old.
-Dante's flamboyant outfit
-hardly any Lady or Trish
-Dice challenge
-not as fast as DMC3.

16795.jpg
(Wallenb's. and not real logo. just looks cool)

DmC: Devil may Cry is the alternate retelling of the life of Dante create for the first time, by a Western development team from England known as Ninja Theory. The story features a new, more punk Dante, who is constantly being pulled into a demon ruled world known as Limbo and he must fight his way out of it. He meets a girl named Kat and soon meets a group of freedom fighters known as "The Order." Dante joins this order as he fights the evil demons of obscure sight and defeat the demon god, Mundus.

Pros
-It looks good graphic wise
-Gameplay looks fluid
-new enviornment from what's been seen
-a more brash and punk Dante
-no f*cks given. (Cussing)
-Combichrist behind music
-air style
-Limbo world
-more serious
-new weapons to come
-possibility of Vergil

Cons
-It's not in the original DMC canon

Well that's all. ^_^

Dante47

Not very many cons for DmC... Well, I guess we can't really compare to others until we get our hands on it. Anyway, very nice DragonMaster!

Railazel

-The lines are corny as hell

Not really, his script was pretty good. I don't remember any of his lines ever coming off as cheesy. Most people would say "Flock off, Featherface" as being cheesy, but that was just a practical insult.

-Cheesy one liners (More cheesy than DMC1)

Fixed it for ya.

Seriously, I loved DMC 3 Dante but the dude (along with his DMC 4 counterpart) had a script that sounded like it came from a bad action movie.

DragonMaster2010

Not really, his script was pretty good. I don't remember any of his lines ever coming off as cheesy. Most people would say "Flock off, Featherface" as being cheesy, but that was just a practical insult.

"Flock off" Wasn't one I was thinking of. I was thinking more of "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT!!" *Voice breaking* :D

Fixed it for ya.

Seriously, I loved DMC 3 Dante but the dude (along with his DMC 4 counterpart) had a script that sounded like it came from a bad action movie.

There were some lines that I did like ofo DMC3, and others just sounded a bit annoying to me.

Railazel

"Flock off" Wasn't one I was thinking of. I was thinking more of "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT!!" *Voice breaking* :D

That would be considered cheap, not corny. Cheap as in poor in quality. Despite it being the most emotional line in the game, it was possibly the worst voice- acted.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Nope. It's bad voice acting.

I "Was" bad V.A Indeed but now Its just classic :)

I did say My thoughts.

Still i don't get how its any "serious"

>> There's still no explanation on how the sword is sticking on his back (super glue ??)
>> How can dante change the color contrast of his clothes and hair ??
>> How can own Infinite ammo ??
>> How can he transform his sword Which is already "Magically" sticking to his back ??

These things doesn't seem any serious to me -_-

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

>> There's still no explanation on how the sword is sticking on his back (super glue ??)
>> How can he transform his sword Which is already "Magically" sticking to his back ??

lol he is the hero....which is he can do whatever he wants :p and the heros sword never brakes and his guns never emptys :D

DragonMaster2010

Naw, it's still bad.

When I say serious I mean it's not an anime cliched game where the main hero is afraid to cuss, is too honest, and is a sterotypical hero. I think this Dante is more of a rebel and that's more relatible. An example is like this of the difference between a hero and a rebel.

1938_wise_words_from_monkey_d._luffy_700.jpg

Old Dante is a hero in my book.
New Dante seems to rebelious and pirate-like to be a hero.

The dog-eat-dog way of life that new Dante lives by is kind of like the life of reality. Thus why I say, "serious."

Top Bottom