• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does DLC ever go down in price?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Since I got the game again I got curious about Vergil's dlc. Before I got it I noticed that the full game went down to $40 on PSN. In a odd twist, though, the complete package with dlc is still $68.

Anyway, I want to try out Vergil but if there is a chance for a price drop I rather wait, but how long before that happens, if at all?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I've just had a look around on various game forums and the general consensus is that DLC does not drop in price, but sometimes they will have a sale on a DLC for a short time. I don't know if they would ever do this for Vergil's DLC though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
or just wait for a greatest hits version with everything included for twenty dollars
I wish I'd done that with Dishonored. I would have payed the same price I paid last year for the game, but I'd be getting all that extra DLC. Oh well...

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
If your name is FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 then yes, $2 for Requiem of The Godess? yes please

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I got the game thanks to Sunaka, but I can't find it. Where in the menu is it?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just have to keep an eye out for sales, quite a few DLC's and such go on half price sales for certain events on different platforms.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Huh, that's odd. There should normally be a menu right after selecting your storage device that lets you switch between the main game and VD :/
Yeah, it is. I see the data in the game utilities folder, it's the right size, but it doesn't show up in the actual game. The code was a Japanese one and I just found out that a lot of DLC can be region locked so there is a possibility that the game won't play. It's a bit of a shame and a really bizarre choice to region lock DLC.

Meier

PSN has an ultimate edition. They seem to be doing this for many games now, but its generally a discount that includes all DLC items in it. Steam regularly has sales too. Dunno about MS.

The DLC is specific to each region. You have to have the DmC game disc or hard drive game from Japan if you have the DLC from Japan. Its actually different in content slightly. They had to blur out a couple concept artworks and cut out a certain scene...
For PS3 we had America, Europe, and Japan. For MS we had Japan and "world wide". The dlc has to match the region of the main game to work.

The reason for the region lock is basically how the PS3 works in terms of compliance. Every game is given its own unique code called the product code. Its labeled on every playstation product on the box. Just look at the bottom portion of the side of the game box. You'll see something like BLUS30723 (DmC America). Its a unique identifier that allows the system to recognize the game. Xbox has the same thing, but simply doesn't print it on the box. Anyways the way the game is built requires for those identifiers to match for any additional content. That is why you will never be able to use the japanese dlc on the american disc. Its true for all games unless they share that same product code between regions. That is only possible if there is no difference in content but this also requires a different submission process (legality, time for submission, fees, etc.). Most companies choose to deal with each region separately since it is an easier and more sensible process to go through. For example different teams based in those areas would tackle the submission in their own regions. This makes sense since there are different age ratings, laws, and ratings agencies depending on the country you are shipping to. It might change with PS4, but that remains to be seen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
PSN has an ultimate edition. They seem to be doing this for many games now, but its generally a discount that includes all DLC items in it. Steam regularly has sales too. Dunno about MS.

Yes, but that 'ultimate edition' is still $68 on the store and the game is selling at $13. Even if you bought the DLC twice over you wouldn't be spending $50 at regular price of $39.99. Capcom seems to have forgotten to lower the price of that when they lowered the price of the actual game.

Yes, but that 'ultimate edition' is still $68 on the store and the game is selling at $13. Even if you bought the DLC twice over you wouldn't be spending $50 at regular price of $39.99. Capcom seems to have forgotten to lower the price of that when they lowered the price of the actual game.

Well, that is kinda nuts, do you get something special for the ultimate edition for it to cost $68 dollars? I mean is that the original collector edition with the necklace or something, then it would make sense that its still priced highly, but if it is supposed to be the game of the year edition then it makes no sense.

Anyway, as for the dlc as far as I know it is way to combat the loss of revenue they get from used games so that's one of the reasons dlc often doesn't go down in price for consoles, thankfully, that is not the case on PC, the game has been on sale multiple times its 66% off right now you can get everything + dlc for like 20 bucks on steam for the next 4 hours.

Top Bottom