• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone love this Dante?

LoyalDanteFan

Hello. I'm a new member, and I've been visiting this website for about a week now. I've read a thread called "Do you hate this Dante?" recently, and it intrigued me. As a fangirl, I disagree with a lot of the responses, but I respect their opinions.

I'm asking if anyone loves this Dante. What do you think of him? I've played all the Devil May Cry games already (don't worry, I stayed away from the reboot lol), and I LOVE Dante in DMC4! He's so attractive, funny, and just plain badass~! I know he can be childish, rude, lazy, doesn't take stuff seriously, and all of that, and I am well aware that he's a bit of a pervert. Okay, maybe not a bit. I know he's into *clears throat* BDSM...*Blush!!* And I want to know to what degree! >_<...But anyway, none of this makes me not love him. XD Sure my friends think I'm weird for having a huge crush on him considering his character and all. If I'm considered insane for loving Dante, then so be it! I would take my chances at being his girl. LOL

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The dancing around in confetti, him talking about his carnal desires (something DMC1 Dante would NEVER do), and his outfit.

It's like dressing Vergil up in a puffy pirate shirt (as I've already said before).

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I have no problem with this Dante. I really like him actually, and totally like his outfit more than 1 and 3 (nothing can come close to 2's outfit).

I still feel we haven't gotten that perfect Dante yet though, the one that bridges the gap between those that love the cocky and flamboyant Dante of 3 and 4 and those that prefer his quieter 1 incarnation, with an outfit as rad as 2, a rival like in 3.

LoyalDanteFan

The dancing around in confetti, him talking about his carnal desires (something DMC1 Dante would NEVER do), and his outfit.

It's like dressing Vergil up in a puffy pirate shirt (as I've already said before).

I know his desires were a bit awkward to hear, so I understand. o.o

His outfit's amazing. ^.^;; I would definitely go for that one if I ever cosplay as him.

LoyalDanteFan

I have no problem with this Dante. I really like him actually, and totally like his outfit more than 1 and 3 (nothing can come close to 2's outfit).

I still feel we haven't gotten that perfect Dante yet though, the one that bridges the gap between those that love the cocky and flamboyant Dante of 3 and 4 and those that prefer his quieter 1 incarnation, with an outfit as rad as 2, a rival like in 3.

I love it too. *blush*

I can understand that. He kind of switches between the two. XD I guess he's testing on seriousness??? Dumb question, but whatever. There's rumors about a DMC5 (it better be true!), so soon we may find out how Dante will be like. I'm so excited~! *dreamy sigh*

Good luck with the cosplay then.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoyalDanteFan

Even the chaps?

Yeah. Sure, it would feel weird at first, but I would get used to them. :D I got kind of nervous cosplaying as a guy before (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler was my first one) because I thought I could attract girls by accident. Lol? Okay, crazy thought, I know.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Yeah. Sure, it would feel weird at first, but I would get used to them. :D I got kind of nervous cosplaying as a guy before (Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler was my first one) because I thought I could attract girls by accident. Lol? Okay, crazy thought, I know.

Totally not crazy. I remember going to a school dance back in high school dressed in the same way all the guys were (I liked being androgynous) , and a senior girl hit on me.

But anyways, good luck on the cosplay.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
DMC4 Dante is my favorite Dante of the pack.

DMC4 Dante is a character that keeps the focus on having fun and enjoying yourself, he symbolizes what the franchise should be about, all about action, skill, style and fun.
When DMC4 Dante is on screen he shows that he is the best and that he damn well knows he is, he plays with his opponents and just enjoys himself every moment of the time because he knows and even the player knows that these pathetic enemies ain't even gonna scratch him.

We need more cheeky, fun loving characters like him in gaming, we got the female touch with Bayonetta thankfully, but we need more.

Also I don't care what people say, his outfit is badass.

Viper

Premium
I love this Dante! His attitude brings me joy, his looks are darn good... okay, he could lose the bottom part of those chaps, but the rest I definitely like. One day, when I win the lottery, I'm gonna get myself a coat just like his.:D

@LoyalDanteFan Mind if I ask what made you think he is into BDSM? I don't recall anything like that being mentioned about him, except for that official translation of DMC3 manga where the translator took a bit too much liberty. Anything else is just a pun.

LoyalDanteFan

DMC4 Dante is my favorite Dante of the pack.

DMC4 Dante is a character that keeps the focus on having fun and enjoying yourself, he symbolizes what the franchise should be about, all about action, skill, style and fun.
When DMC4 Dante is on screen he shows that he is the best and that he damn well knows he is, he plays with his opponents and just enjoys himself every moment of the time because he knows and even the player knows that these pathetic enemies ain't even gonna scratch him.

We need more cheeky, fun loving characters like him in gaming, we got the female touch with Bayonetta thankfully, but we need more.

Also I don't care what people say, his outfit is badass.

I agree with you so much. ^w^ I love Dante so much!

LoyalDanteFan

I love this Dante! His attitude brings me joy, his looks are darn good... okay, he could lose the bottom part of those chaps, but the rest I definitely like. One day, when I win the lottery, I'm gonna get myself a coat just like his.:D

@LoyalDanteFan Mind if I ask what made you think he is into BDSM? I don't recall anything like that being mentioned about him, except for that official translation of DMC3 manga where the translator took a bit too much liberty. Anything else is just a pun.

The scene where he got Lucifer got me thinking that (plus the names of the attacks it can do). ^.^;; If I just assumed, I'm sorry, blame my friend who teases me over my crush.

What?! The manga? I want the link. o_O Or something.

Viper

Premium
The scene where he got Lucifer got me thinking that (plus the names of the attacks it can do). ^.^;; If I just assumed, I'm sorry, blame my friend who teases me over my crush.

What?! The manga? I want the link. o_O Or something.
Don't be sorry, though names of attacks speak more about Lucifer than Dante. Dante's sex life is still very much one of the great mysteries of DMC universe.:D

link to manga download

If you just want to read it online, I think every manga hosting site has it by now, though you are more likely to find this fan version than Tokyopop's official one. Even better, like I said before official translator took a bit too much liberty, making some scenes entirely different in tone.

LoyalDanteFan

Don't be sorry, though names of attacks speak more about Lucifer than Dante. Dante's sex life is still very much one of the great mysteries of DMC universe.:D

link to manga download

If you just want to read it online, I think every manga hosting site has it by now, though you are more likely to find this fan version than Tokyopop's official one. Even better, like I said before official translator took a bit too much liberty, making some scenes entirely different in tone.

I personally believe he never had real luck on that due to his behavior. Then I would come along. XD...Now I feel awkward. *blush*

I see. I'm interested. Lol

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, chaps are for riding, it's not that they're weird, just that they're not for everyday use unless you got a bike or a horse, and like all other rider related things they tend to be expensive.

Top Bottom