• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Anyone Here Use Steam?

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
I just got it and I'm downloading Team Fortress 2, and apparently it's going to take 13 hours. Why is it taking that long?! I'm guessing it's to do with my internet speed being slow or something, it would be reassuring if anyone else knew how to make the download faster... somehow... Thanks!:3

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Nah I remember having to leave it overnight to download a game. I can't remember if it was TF, either that or BF, memory is foggy.

Angel General

I have about 1MB speed, and I changed it to my location already, it's downloading faster than predicted but I guess I'm still just stuck with it being slow, thanks though guys! c:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I have about 1MB speed, and I changed it to my location already, it's downloading faster than predicted but I guess I'm still just stuck with it being slow, thanks though guys! c:

Not going to download anything very quickly on that, so not much you can do to speed things up. Just make sure nothing else is hogging bandwidth too while downloading.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've always wanted to try out steam, but I'm a bit worried that games won't run on my laptop.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I have also a Steam, but for now Im well not downloading from it any game as reason is mine ISP, what only good download when Im awake very early, or staying in the late night :/

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I've always wanted to try out steam, but I'm a bit worried that games won't run on my laptop.

Pretty sure all games are listed with their requirements on the store page, it's worth getting Steam regardless though because at this time of the year is the STEAM SUMMER SALE *fanfare*

And believe me, there will be REALLY cheap games available EVERYWHERE.

Angel General

Not going to download anything very quickly on that, so not much you can do to speed things up. Just make sure nothing else is hogging bandwidth too while downloading.

Ok then, it probably doesn't help that my brother is on his laptop at the same time.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Pretty sure all games are listed with their requirements on the store page, it's worth getting Steam regardless though because at this time of the year is the STEAM SUMMER SALE *fanfare*

I looked on Steam earlier and apparently their games don't support Windows 8.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.

Well that's your fault for using an unholy OS
emotcolbertl.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin

A lot do work but some older games that require an older DirectX version can have issues and need some work arounds. Its not officially supported yet but you can get most to work with it.

Steam and Windows 8

Windows 8 Steam Usage Stats

Steam sale is fantastic, had some real bargains in the past from that.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Well I use always W7 for games, maybe that as Im not well good receving that W8 new things, Im rather an enthusiast of old good Windows.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
A lot do work but some older games that require an older DirectX version can have issues and need some work arounds. Its not officially supported yet but you can get most to work with it.

Steam and Windows 8

Windows 8 Steam Usage Stats

Why does everyone have such a problem with Win8? I really like it.

I'll re-download steam and see if there are any free games on there to test it out.

Electromagnetic

All hail The King
Why does everyone have such a problem with Win8? I really like it.

I'll re-download steam and see if there are any free games on there to test it out.

Maybe because it feels like running Windows phone with an emulator or something like that on a PC. And it's capable of confusing the **** out of people who have worked with previous Windows operating systems.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Maybe because it feels like running Windows phone with an emulator or something like that on a PC. And it's capable of confusing the **** out of people who have worked with previous Windows operating systems.

I've used previous systems, and I've adapted to it pretty fast.
At least there's an update coming out for everyone that hates it. :3

lorddemolatron

Premium
Anyone who have Steam as well can hit mine profile as Im always on it so I can accept friend requests :)

Top Bottom