• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone don't like online games?

KRSkull

I used to love online games to the point where i stay awake for two days.but well one day i played COD4 online and it made me hate multiplayer (Online or LAN) games. anyway i was playing as a sniper and i shot someone in the head and the next thing i know i got kicked. when i asked a friend of mine who was playing in that match he said this "You can use a sniper. but you can't aim using the scope.".

they run around and shooting randomly like yosemite sam.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
I used to love online games to the point where i stay awake for two days.but well one day i played COD4 online and it made me hate multiplayer (Online or LAN) games. anyway i was playing as a sniper and i shot someone in the head and the next thing i know i got kicked. when i asked a friend of mine who was playing in that match he said this "You can use a sniper. but you can't aim using the scope.".

they run around and shooting randomly like yosemite sam.

Stupid server rules are one of the reasons why I have bad online expierience.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I hate MMOS.There is some exception but i really hate 95% of MMOs.
Most mmos are nothing but gear based game.You can't really defeat bosses in those games with "skill".Dark souls is different on the other hand.You don't need such high level gears because you can defeat the bosses if you're good enough.
Another thing is the grinding part.Games are supposed to be fun, and constant grinding is the opposite of it.You grind and and grind for many hours and for what? To get a new or strong gear?

I have once playing an MMO called dekaron and a 12 year old beat me, not with skill but because of gear, and that's because he have time to grind and grind for 3 hours.

KRSkull

I agree with both you Angel & Dark Drakan, playing online multiplayer is suppose to be fun however playing online multiplayer nowadays with alot of random TROLLS makes the whole thing a chore.
Battlefield 3 & COD i read so many gamers hack it just to rank up it's not even funny, I have 5 friends on my list that does so.
I spawn point camping, looking for the easy back stab kill DARKSOULS! Or rank matches when you gotten them beat THEN they disconnect before they lose.
The unbalanced teams, your the highest level on your team & your team mates don't know where to go. If it was newbies vs newbies then it's very funny, but when your up against a full pre-made team of maxed players it becomes irritating. Not irritated from the newbies but because of how unhanded the maxed players are playing.
OMG before any developers yell EVERYONE LOVES ONLINE MP, they should read this thread.
I have friends that avoid playing certain games online against random people.

I have played some online games in the past where they have different servers for each number of levels.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I agree with both you Angel & Dark Drakan, playing online multiplayer is suppose to be fun however playing online multiplayer nowadays with alot of random TROLLS makes the whole thing a chore.
Battlefield 3 & COD i read so many gamers hack it just to rank up it's not even funny, I have 5 friends on my list that does so.
I spawn point camping, looking for the easy back stab kill DARKSOULS! Or rank matches when you gotten them beat THEN they disconnect before they lose.
The unbalanced teams, your the highest level on your team & your team mates don't know where to go. If it was newbies vs newbies then it's very funny, but when your up against a full pre-made team of maxed players it becomes irritating. Not irritated from the newbies but because of how unhanded the maxed players are playing.
OMG before any developers yell EVERYONE LOVES ONLINE MP, they should read this thread.
I have friends that avoid playing certain games online against random people.

I either go into Party Chat or mute every other player in every game I play online. Usually I just join up with a group of friends in a party and enter games together and only chat to them. Its much more fun that way, sometimes you even forget your playing against other people this way. :lol:

I havent bumped into anyone abusive on Battlefield but always did on CoD, usually hyper high-pitched 12 year olds. So its a shame to miss out on some of the decent players conversations and attempts at teamwork communication but id rather miss out than risk having to tolerate listening to the irritating masses.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Filipino gamers = Most stupidest online gamers in the world.
There i said it. I literally insulted my own race.
If you guys would totally play with most of us filipinos(Not saying i am)most of them will start **** and will start a flame war.Boasting,cursing and everything.That is why online chat in online games in my country is always like on chaos mode.
Another reason why i don't really play online games anymore.Oh, and the GMs can't even prevent it lol!

UniqueEquine

Filipino gamers = Most stupidest online gamers in the world.
There i said it. I literally insulted my own race.
If you guys would totally play with most of us filipinos(Not saying i am)most of them will start **** and will start a flame war.Boasting,cursing and everything.That is why online chat in online games in my country is always like on chaos mode.
Another reason why i don't really play online games anymore.Oh, and the GMs can't even prevent it lol!

Online players from my country (Poland) are one of the biggest swaggers as well. I saw a news where German BF3 servers block Polish players from joining.

Yeah, I won't mention the Counter Strike community, cause yeah... you know. Voice chatting in that game was a nightmare.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Online players from my country (Poland) are one of the biggest swaggers as well. I saw a news where German BF3 servers block Polish players from joining.

Yeah, I won't mention the Counter Strike community, cause yeah... you know. Voice chatting in that game was a nightmare.

Im Polish but Im rare or unique player as I dropped playing online FPS and I have friends in Online Roleplaying games, Im trying to show that Polish players are polite not these swearing ones

UniqueEquine

Now has anyone else noticed the replies here.
Notice how more & more gamers would rather game with well known friends only then with random gamers.
Disrespect, poor behavior, ranting, poor sportsmanship.
Gamers aren't tolerating this as much anymore & those negative aspects are turning people off to online gaming.
Kinda sad.

If only there was a gaming law about being polite and tolerable in video game matches, that'd be great.

I'd like to mention how emblems are big fail in online matches. In one of my matches in Max Payne 3, one guy had a male genitals as his emblem and he was lvl 50 I believe and had a prestige rank.

Ughh... I hate offensive emblems and avatars...>_<

lorddemolatron

Premium
If only there was a gaming law about being polite and tolerable in video game matches, that'd be great.

I'd like to mention how emblems are big fail in online matches. In one of my matches in Max Payne 3, one guy had a male genitals as his emblem and he was lvl 50 I believe and had a prestige rank.

Ughh... I hate offensive emblems and avatars...>_<

I hate those who are offensive in Online matches so I ended mine adventures in UT 2004 or recently Online gameplays in Bulletstorm. I can't afford vulgar or offensive players.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I suppose it's why some forums have a gamertag/swap section where people can meet up, add one another and try to arrange a game together. With crossing timezones it can be tricky though - especially if you're from one place and you're trying to game with someone 8 hours ahead/behind you.

Some of the worst British trolls I've come across have been from Manchester. It's always Manchester. It's like they have nothing better to do all day than join a game just to cuss people out. Word to the wise: your accent doesn't make you sound hard when you swear and insult people, it makes you sound backwards. The only way you could sound any more absurd is if you were from Birmingham or Bristol. Seriously.

lorddemolatron

Premium
I suppose it's why some forums have a gamertag/swap section where people can meet up, add one another and try to arrange a game together. With crossing timezones it can be tricky though - especially if you're from one place and you're trying to game with someone 8 hours ahead/behind you.

Some of the worst British trolls I've come across have been from Manchester. It's always Manchester. It's like they have nothing better to do all day than join a game just to cuss people out. Word to the wise: your accent doesn't make you sound hard when you swear and insult people, it makes you sound backwards. The only way you could sound any more absurd is if you were from Birmingham or Bristol. Seriously.

True thing. I can't only stand Polish childish gamers who Spam Polish profanity swears, I can better cooperate with English or people from Other Countries who understand English, and In reality I never sweared In any Online game as I hate swears.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I agree, it's better to mute than hear ridiculous ranting & so-on, problem is there's still the attitude.
But mute is a great invention & should always be added in every online game.

If you go into party chat on 360 you can effectively mute everyone in every game as no-one but those in your party can hear/speak to you. Also you can mute people by GamerTag so can mute every player in every game, just a more long winded way than if the game adds a button in the lobby.

Nessy

I get many times more hours of gameplay out of online games. Outsmarting humans is far more challenging than outsmarting a computer. Currently playing HoN, SC2 and QL.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I love both single player and online multiplayer games , but i spend most of the time on online games such as LoL , SMITE , Rusty hearts cuz there are few good single player games these days

Top Bottom