• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone don't like online games?

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
Nowadays a multipllyer is forced into many games with epic single player.​
But is it really THAT fun? Sure it's a nice way to spend time, but doesn't it feel like a waste of time? For me it's an endless killin' spree around different maps, rounds after rounds, and there's nothing artistic nor valuable about it.​
Not to mention how frustrating can it be, starting from connection problems, like finding a full lobby or during the gameplay, where some players will abuse overowered weapons or trash talkin and swear too much.​
Usually I quit multiplayer game mode after level 30 or so. And what's worse that people on forums tend to ONLY focus on a multiplayer in a way, like sinlge player never existed. Always about balance issues, new ideas, etc.​
It really ticks me off how people treat single player game mode like a training mission for the multiplayer. And that's why many shooters are very short to beat, usually after 5-6 hours.​
Do you feel the same?​

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I play some online MMORPGs but well, I hate these where is need to pay for membership like WoW.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Only handful online multiplayer modes that I truly like, such as Metal Gear Online, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer mode, Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer mode, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer mode, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

There are a lot of games that have too much focus on multiplayer than singleplayer, but that doesn't necessarily means a bad thing since there are many games are designed and meant to play as online multiplayer game, such as Starhawk.

However, I tend to favour singleplayer games than multiplayer games, for many reasons.

UniqueEquine

I find an added multiplayer to a great single player game distasteful sometimes.
Not All Games Need Multiplayer.
They say it adds replay value to the game.
I believe It takes away from the single player part, how many more hours do gamers play the multiplayer part versus the single player part.
With bragging rights, competition & the social aspect pulling them in, all the replay value goes to the multiplayer while single player gets neglected.
If the developer spent more time on single player & given better incentives like in game rewards & challenging unlockables then the cheap novelty of multiplayer wouldn't be needed to add any kind of replay value to the game, & gamers may just keep them longer.
Multiplayer can also ruin single player as well.
DeadSpace2
Playing it's multiplayer mode completely removes the terror & surprise from single player campaign & trains you on dealing with enemies better. And the multiplayer is neglected by EA.

Not to mention how developer focuses on Multiplayer DLC instead. I love to know more about single player word, so I'd purchace any SP DLC. But this, this is a scam! Those type of DLCs should encourage to play more of the multiplayer, but instead it splits the playerpool to those that have DLC maps and to ones that haven't.

Some online games have auto aim included. Which is really annoying, cause it takes away the challenge and the overall sense of developing your aim accuracy. Sure, there are servers with normal aim, but chances of finding a game full of players are extremely low.

Developers should make single player games that at least take minum 20 or so hours to finish. Not only that, but the replay value should be high.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Works fine in Uncharted 2 & 3

In Assassin's Creed it works but feels a little bit boring after a while.

But in a DMC game? Never

Kammosjuttu

I've never played online, I've always just played single player games on my consoles. I don't have my PS3 connected to the internet, and it pains me that without it I can't have everything or am left to deal with less. For example it's a bummer that some games have trophies that can only be achieved by playing online.

Meg

I really enjoy the multiplayer in the Assassin Creed games and of course Dark Souls. I like how these games aren't your typical multiplayer experience and the one in AC adds to the story. I just wish more people played it longer. After about a month the lobbies were almost barren. Making getting into a game really difficult.

I do love good Killzone multiplayer as well. I don't play online often, but I always play Killzone. I'm excited for Borderlands 2 as well. ^_^

UniqueEquine

I've never played online, I've always just played single player games on my consoles. I don't have my PS3 connected to the internet, and it pains me that without it I can't have everything or am left to deal with less. For example it's a bummer that some games have trophies that can only be achieved by playing online.

Yeah, I know how it feels man.
I had X360 before it died and couldn't have any online features.

I pity gamers liek you that can't get patches and enjoy the Single Player without stupid issues. Game develpoers are gettin' lazier and lazier and can't take their time, by rushing the game. :/

And yeah, the leveling up system is the biggest FAIL of modern online games. Just like you said, VampireWicked.
I remember how online games was all about skill, not unlocks or stupid perks. And don't get me started on prestige mode. Whoever invented it, was a moron.

UniqueEquine

Well, in Max Payne 3 multiplayer people used to spam an overpowered rifle "mini 30" before it got patched.
Now, since there was free DLC weapons included, everyone spams projectiles from G9 grenade launcher and "LAW" rocket launcher.
Now how am I suppose to play, when I constantly get knowcked off by exlosions?
How stupid I was to purchace "Rockstar Pass" for the equivalent of 30$ which makes future DLCs free for me. But I can't even find a lobby of people playing the DLC maps! I did the same mistake with Uncharted 3 "Fortune Hunters Club" an Uncharted 2 DLC, which are now free... :mad: I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Kammosjuttu

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. :)
And yeah, don't let me start on it how much DLCs irritate me usually... when I buy a game, I want everything there, just like in the good old times.

UniqueEquine

Or at least give players ,that doesn't have their console connected, single player DLC in a form of expansion packs.
Seriously, what happened to these practices? The Sims had it and so did other games. It could give'em some extra money from more players. :/

lorddemolatron

Premium
Well, in Max Payne 3 multiplayer people used to spam an overpowered rifle "mini 30" before it got patched.
Now, since there was free DLC weapons included, everyone spams projectiles from G9 grenade launcher and "LAW" rocket launcher.
Now how am I suppose to play, when I constantly get knowcked off by exlosions?
How stupid I was to purchace "Rockstar Pass" for the equivalent of 30$ which makes future DLCs free for me. But I can't even find a lobby of people playing the DLC maps! I did the same mistake with Uncharted 3 "Fortune Hunters Club" an Uncharted 2 DLC, which are now free... :mad: I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

And this is why Im not buying an DLC when I know that they get free soon. But not these things are free for all games, and well contrast beetween those who spam prenium weapons and those who have worse free Is seenable. I know this so that was why I dumped playing online FPS from one publisher Aeria when half of my friends on it has an Premium weapons always.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Not all games need multiplayer but some series are epic because of their well established multiplayer such as Battlefield series (mediocre single player). Im often frustrated by online games with people camping, spawn killing and generally being a pain in the ass in as many ways as possible and generally get bored if games play out the same all the time. However Battlefield always seemed to have a good balance and its the unpredictability of the matches with friends and the teamwork which I like. I havent played any multiplayer games in a long time though but id like to get back into Battlefield 3.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I pretty much avoid online multiplayer modes because people suck.

I play L4D2 though because I play with Steve and a couple of other forum people when they are around. Mostly people on there rage-quit if they don't like the team rather than sticking around to complain loudly and swear at people.

I don't like it if a game kind of forces you to do the online thing - to me it feels lazy if a developer chucks out some DLC and it's just a bunch of multiplayer maps for a game that otherwise has a strong single player campaign or mode. It's why I prefer RPGs to shooters - more chance of quality DLC being produced than just a re-skinned map pack or, what is to me far worse, something that was in an old game and "revamped" for the new one. And by revamped they tend to mean a couple of textures or colours and the word "future" stuck into the title.

But mostly people suck. So I avoid anything that involves them where possible.

lorddemolatron

Premium
I recently play Online RPG game Called Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE Online, and this game have great people and always is so much to do. Im one of Dungeon Raiders and I always organize in that game Runs as 66 lv player have hard to do anything for lv up. This is one of games where rarely can be seen swearing or rage quitting people.

UniqueEquine

When I think back, when playing all those online shooters. Man, that has to be the most frustrating gaming expierience in my life!
Trash talking on chat messages, sadly buncha swaggers play shooters :/ And I'm not into RPG/MMO games at all, not my taste.

Top Bottom