• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Want Kentaro Miura (Berserk) As A Writer For The DMC Series

Do you want him to be writer for the DMC Series?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

BlackAngel

It would be very awesome if the writer of the he Berserk Series is a special guest for Capcom as a writer for Devil May Cry!

Hungry Alien

I don't think Miura should work on another story, but he would probably make a damn good story for DMC if he write one (given how Bingo's DMC stories are, it isn't such an accomplishment tho...)

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That's like asking if Hunter x Hunter's writer or GRRM should take up DMC.

They can't even finish their own plots, and a requirement for writing a story is, yanno, getting it done. They'd have to have someone else involved in the plot alongside said writer and then by default that'd result in a diluted/altered version of the script people intend to see from the One Named Writer in question.

Or they Toriyama it and provide an outline, then someone else fleshes it out, but see above. Same issue.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It would be funny if Tite Kubo does a Nero-centered game. The whole BLEACH comparisons would be on a whole other level. Atleast the outfits would be pretty cool.

I thought of a few writers from MARVEL and DC comics that would be interesting on DMC. You'd want someone who could play in someone else's sandbox and that's more common in American Comics.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Eh...I don't feel that Miura's style really fits in with DMC personally. Well, not unless they make a specific spin-off series dedicated to it, but I doubt that Miura would want to join such a project when he has his own commitments.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
It would be funny if Tite Kubo does a Nero-centered game. The whole BLEACH comparisons would be on a whole other level. At least the outfits would be pretty cool.
Seconded. The amount of Drip™️ the characters would get in a Kubo DMC game would be off the charts, and only rivaled by Araki who uses actual fashion magazines for reference. After the costume drought of recent games, giving characters an abundance of threads would be great even if it somehow manages to sacrifice environmental backgrounds. Here are some images to appreciate:

BLEACH.full.121297.jpg

BLEACH.full.487980.jpg

BLEACH.full.116284.jpg

BlackAngel

Eh...I don't feel that Miura's style really fits in with DMC personally. Well, not unless they make a specific spin-off series dedicated to it, but I doubt that Miura would want to join such a project when he has his own commitments.
Or they could have him as an advisor of sorts to write characters and have a balance of dark fantasy themes and comedy. Which I think Miura excelled in pretty well with the character Puck who was Guts' traveling companion, for a time.

BlackAngel

It would be funny if Tite Kubo does a Nero-centered game. The whole BLEACH comparisons would be on a whole other level. Atleast the outfits would be pretty cool.

I thought of a few writers from MARVEL and DC comics that would be interesting on DMC. You'd want someone who could play in someone else's sandbox and that's more common in American Comics.
I prefer Marvel and DC writers should stay out of this. Unless one of them shows they can write a good story, and knows about demonology. I liked Miura's writing style because he uses the themes of dark fantasy very well, he knows how to write characters, and he doesn't shy away showing gratuitous violence in his manga.

I think that's what Devil May Cry needs: Balance of mature themes, well written characters, and balance out the comedic themes. Instead of repeating the same hero/villain cycle from the last games.

Last edited:

BlackAngel

That's like asking if Hunter x Hunter's writer or GRRM should take up DMC.

They can't even finish their own plots, and a requirement for writing a story is, yanno, getting it done. They'd have to have someone else involved in the plot alongside said writer and then by default that'd result in a diluted/altered version of the script people intend to see from the One Named Writer in question.

Or they Toriyama it and provide an outline, then someone else fleshes it out, but see above. Same issue.
Kentaro is adaquate for the job because of his superb writing style. His characters are really engaging, especially Guts on the Black Swordsman and the Golden Age Arc. You should read the manga for yourself. It's good.

BlackAngel

@Morgan
I don't like Bleach anymore but the man's got style.

@BlackAngel
Marvel and DC have a ton of Supernatural characters. So I think they could handle DMC pretty easily.
It's how they were written and handled I'm concerned with. And Marvel is not really known for handling mature themes much. I mean, yeah they are a few comic books that have that such as The Punisher, Sentry, Thanos, etc. But they have their own style that doesn't fit well in the series.

I think Miura is perfect for writing for DMC series, because he puts real life history, philosophy, demonology, human behavior, and religion into all in one manga. And the best thing is that how he executed the story of a dark fantasy genre and themes. And Capcom could really benefit from learning from Berserk.

Last edited:

BlackAngel

The happy ending will be Guts giving up on his pointless vengeance and fixing his relation with Casca, so they can live their life... If Griffith doesn't find a way to **** everything up
Then again, we don't know what's going to happen next. That's the best part of the story. That's what DMC was suppose to be with their stories.

BlackAngel

You never know. He may make an exception to write for the DMC series.

Top Bottom