• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Vergil is/was dull?

Do you think Vergil is/was dull?

• No

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A little

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • In 3, but not in 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 1, but not in 3

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I had to create this, because of another thread "Who hates Nero".

Do you think that this ultimately stylish bada$$ was dull?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thank you... Good to see that one person agrees with me :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, but it'd be nice if people raise points to show their opinion.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
He will never replace Dante but Vergil's a brilliantly conceived character.
Nero was obviously a simply watered down Dante.

Vergil is his own character.:cool:

He is sharp with his tongue and his sword, faster than blinking, majestic as Nelo. How much more could you want without practically looking for a character to replace Dante?

Sparda™

Vergil's personality is seen everywhere. Nero is original.

I'm not saying Nero is better than Vergil, but Vergil isn't that unique...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vergil has always been unique. You look at 3 and tell me that game would've been good without Vergil... Of course not, he practically made the story in that game the success it was.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Vergil was one of the most refreshing and original characters I've ever seen grace a game.

He had this permanent air of confidence about him, yet not to the cocky extremes of Dante, he was the exact opposite of Dante infact, while still remaining confident, he was calm, cool, always collected and never over the top, a strong type who, unlike Dante, didn't feel the need to overcompensate by taunting his enemies with insults.

Dante was more along the lines of the jock type that you know oh so well in college, can be arrogant, overcompensates and was always hyped up for no reason.

Vergil on the other hand always let his swordsmanship do the talking for him, he was powerful, very powerful and that's what made the character for me, the power Vergil executed was worth a thousand of Dante's smack talk insults.

Vergil was never a dull character, not even as Nelo, he was a graceful soul, honourbound too, so no, with Vergil, there was never a dull moment.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thank you Mr.Credo :) I'm glad you agree with me :)

Like Angelo said... The fact that he was/is Dante's twin, yet took a different path than Dante... And has such kickass fights with his bro, makes him a character that never had/has a dull moment.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Saying this probably will come back and haunt me at some point.

Dante is a very run-of-the-mill character, he's the overconfident, cocky kid that you see in every videogame to date, he had more originality than Nero, that's for sure, when the design team made Nero, I'm pretty sure they took all the files from Dante's design, then just copy/pasted it into another file, added some colours, changed the hair a little and renamed the document as Nero.

Vergil was original, at least, more original than any other character in the DMC series, you see, in most games, you've got two extremes, the puppy loving good guy and the bad guy who's so evil, his urine is pure liquid malevolence.

Vergil struck a nice middle ground, he wasn't all good, but he wasn't all evil either, an Anti-Hero shall we say, his intentions were good, but the way he went about it was evil.

There may be characters like him, but not exactly so, Vergil is his own design in every way, cold, collected and powerful, at least he isn't a direct stereotype of every other bad guy you see in every other game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Agreed... I must rep you for that, you make awesome points *especially about Nero :lol:*

Janny

Dines with dementia
Let's put it this way - if Vergil were real, I'd die of hyperventilation right now.
But anyway, I don't think he's dull at all, he's got Dante's reversed personality, plus charm. He can talk poetically, he kicks ***, can handle a sword gracefully and deadly. And he's not cocky, even if he has all the right to be. And his coat looks awesome!

Sparda™

Janny;109527 said:
Let's put it this way - if Vergil were real, I'd die of hyperventilation right now.
But anyway, I don't think he's dull at all, he's got Dante's reversed personality, plus charm. He can talk poetically, he kicks ***, can handle a sword gracefully and deadly. And he's not cocky, even if he has all the right to be. And his coat looks awesome!

I totally agree on that, except that the opposite side of Dante is something cliche, seen in lots of manga/anime/games...:\

koibito

dante's character is cliche but still a little different now we can agree dante changes throughout games in one he was cliche cocky until it got serious exact good guy thing but in 4 dante is cocky but all the time hes slightly different than regular good guys in the fact that hes cocky even when things are serious

vergil isnt dull at all he even has his cocky moments but its like a calm cocky its hard to explain which makes him less dull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom